help on placing 60in tv in corner. fireplace on one side, window on the other - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-26-2013, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

After doing some research, it seems that it would be a bad idea to mount the TV above the fireplace. not to mention that i have limited space above the mantle. To do so would involve tearing some of the mantle down and everything that goes with it.

I've looked at TV stands, but they are all between 28-32 in. which is at least a foot lower than I want.  What I've seen for brackets, doesn't seem that it would work with the dimensions I have. The other thing I need, is the ability to slightly tilt the screen down.

So I decided to ask the experts.

Does anyone know of any bracket or furniture that would work in the corner?

the dimensions of the room, bowling allish, makes the corner the best place. ( I don't know what the people who built the place were thinking). to give you an idea, it''s 25ft by 13ft.

Help would be GREATLY appreciated.

thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-26-2013, 07:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Search this site for "fireplace mount". Click images on the left side and you'll see some the drop down mounts people have used. If you're looking for a tv stand that tall, you need to search a different descriptor, like cabinets, book shelves, or even breakfast tables. I managed to pick up a Sauder Edgewater Smartcenter Computer Desk for watching tv while on a treadmill. The thing is about 40 inches high and I don't know how it could be used with a computer unless you are standing or on a bar stool, but it's great as a tall tv stand.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-26-2013, 08:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 172
When I mounted my TV in a corner, I used a fully articulating wall mount. It's not this exact model, but has the same basic features. I think if you measure diagonally from the edge of the window to the edge of the fireplace, you'll find there is only about 43-44" which I think you'll find is about a foot narrower than the TV cabinet itself, so it will overlap one or both. At least with the articulating mount you can swing the TV one way or the other as needed (if you use the fireplace or open the window, for instance).
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Sanus

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page