Dedicated Home Theater Bradenton, Florida area?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-01-2013, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been a looong time lurker here on this forum (since 2008) but am not much of a poster (on any forums for that matter). I normally don't have a strong enough knowledge about any certain subject (other than my opinion and I now usually just keep that to myself ) to add in a useless 2 cents or when I do have more than "just an opinion" someone has already posted what I was gonna say, so I just pay attention, keep to myself, and listen to the ones who are "in the know" :-)

Anyway, I have been on the sidelines picking up things here and there and I have been able to build a pretty nice multi-purpose home theater room, BUT, I've always wanted a "dedicated" home theater. Now, with my wife's backing, we are going to build onto our house and I am finally getting my room,YES!! The room will be 12'x18'x8', not perfect, nor huge, but it will be built from scratch so I can soundproof and design it the way I want! Through the AVS forums I have found The Home Theater Book, which I have since purchased and read. I have a lot of the outer construction design done, the staggered wall studs, the double layer green glued drywall ect. I have also narrowed down most of equipment that I plan on purchasing. ( In fact I just picked up a pair of used (but mint) Paradigm Monitor 11's, Center 3, and 4 older paradigm ADP-390s for $2000)

I have always been construction savvy and the building part of this project I'm ok with (we are DYI ing the entire addiition). So, you can ask me to build the room, wire it for sound, lighting, plumbing, and electric and I can do it, but It's the interior design, the where to put everything that I'm not positive on. The where to install the entry door, where to put the equipment cabinet, the projector housing, etc. that I'd like to pick the brain of someone who's been there.

So I an checking to see if there was anyone in the Bradenton, Florida area that has taken on a project such as this and is will to talk and share their knowledge?

Thanks, I hope to talk to you soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-01-2013, 07:13 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked: 789
you may want to contact Shawn at the Erskine group for the basic design service.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page