This is my first post... Thank you for allowing me to post.
I am building a custom tuscan style home from ground up. My architect and I have come up with the attached layout.
theatre1.JPG 106k .JPG file
Here are some key points:
- Front 16x9 fixed projection screen, approx. 110" diagnal
- 6 inch high semi-circle stage in front of screen (not shown)
- front row will accomodate 4 theatre chairs
- 12 inch high rear riser will accomodate 5 theatre chairs
- 7.2 surround sound, with 2 towers on stage on both sides of screen
- Motorized Curtains close behind and towards center column, which houses the side speakers.
My main questions at this point are regarding the staging and window placement. My architect designed this assuming windows would be centered on that exterior wall. But with a 4-5 foot deep stage (not shown), and with the depth of the rear riser needing to be about 72", it seems like the column (and consequentially the windows) need to move towards the rear of the theatre a bit.
Does anybody have any thoughts or suggestions on this?