The Savoy - Page 44 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #1291 of 1296 Old 12-15-2014, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 320
I had a great time at The Savoy. While I've been to The Savoy about 6 times now, it was the first time I was able to just relax and enjoy some movies and music in the finished theater. Everything looks and sounds incredible.

I found out in September that JRiver could be set to "tune" the HDMI input on the Happauge Colossus card and everything on that input would be routed through JRiver. Using this method, JRiver acts just like a receiver with DirecTV. You can use the DirecTV remote or apps to control TV playback just like you would on any receiver system. Unlike the nanoAVR from MiniDSP, the Colossus accepts AC3 in addition to PCM. This lets JRiver decode the AC3 track that is part of many DirecTV stations.
dgage likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1292 of 1296 Old 12-15-2014, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 570 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Good info. Should let your know that according to MrMilker, the Motu Windows drivers are now shipping.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/10640501-post888.html
post #1293 of 1296 Old 12-15-2014, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 227
One of these days I need to get JRiver dialed in for my super basic needs... Just watching movies from my collection. Seems like I never have time to figure out things like getting movies sorted right, like all of the Harry Potter movies, or the Fast and Furious ones as sorting by name puts them all over the place or out of order... Probably super simple for you experts, but I am a JRiver newbie. Never could get MediaBrowser 3 working with Subtitles or MadVR, so I switched and I am just so unmotivated to start over on tweaking since the movies work fine. I do miss having trailers available for each movie like I had with MB3. Select the movie, then either select Play, or select Watch Trailer. I'll have to find my way over to the JRiver support forums for that, but all of the talk about it here has me wishing that I had time to spend figuring it out.
TMcG likes this.
post #1294 of 1296 Unread Yesterday, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 180
So I've been on a Pink Floyd kick lately and bought their latest album, Endless River, Audio CD with the Bluray that comes mixed in DTS Master Audio 5.1 and also PCM. It sounds absolutely amazing. I searched around Amazon for more MCh Bluray but couldn't easily locate much. Does anyone know a good place to find MCh music recorded on Bluray?

Thanks
post #1295 of 1296 Unread Today, 06:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked: 335
http://www.surrounddiscography.com/

Threads:
Bluray multichannel audio
any blu-ray concert dvd's

Not a whole lot out there, but pretty high accolades for the existing content.
post #1296 of 1296 Unread Today, 07:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Thanks Tim. Also, if anyone is looking for a movie that really utilizes your surround speakers, look no further than Maze Runner. I watched the first half of this movie last night and I think it had more content in the surrounds than in the LCR. And they mixed in major content into the surrounds not just the typical ambient noise.
post #1297 of 1296 Unread Today, 07:40 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbeck View Post
So I've been on a Pink Floyd kick lately and bought their latest album, Endless River, Audio CD with the Bluray that comes mixed in DTS Master Audio 5.1 and also PCM. It sounds absolutely amazing. I searched around Amazon for more MCh Bluray but couldn't easily locate much. Does anyone know a good place to find MCh music recorded on Bluray?
Thanks
I watched this on DVD a few years back and it was amazing. It's since been re-released on BluRay with a few different mixes.
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Stop-M...-Blu-ray/6140/

Even if you're not a fan of Talking Heads, it's definitely worth watching.

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Jtr Noesis 212ht 212ht Lp , Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350 , Denon Avr 4311ci 9 2 Channel Network Multi Room Home Theater Receiver With Hdmi 1 4a
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page