240Likes

post #271 of 1974 Old 03-18-2014, 08:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

This was one of the first questions I asked my dealer--but alas, Legacy speakers are build on a per-order basis, they don't have an inventory of 2013 models. ;-( :-(

Ok but u never no bro maybe when u ready to get them they might , MIGHT have a Sale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 1974 Old 03-18-2014, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Liked: 365
The day they have a sale is the day I order a quintet of Aeris. Although if I did that, they'd never find my body...the wife will never dieclose. Lol.
post #273 of 1974 Old 03-18-2014, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:

I’ve heard good things about Playback Designs man—I don’t think you could go wrong at all with that DAC.  Yes, 384KHz—that was the number I was trying to remember when I posted “300+ KHz” in my above post. Lol. I’m glad you’ve reached satisfaction—it’s a time saver (and a wallet saver) to be sure!  Sure, I’ll definitely look into the Playback designs and I’d definitely love your dealer’s contact info.

For the two-channel room, it’s difficult to think about another company I’d like to go with.  Might do the Aerial 7T’s, if for no other reason that the fact they’re less expensive and seem to sound really really outstanding.  I’d also love to hear your Focal’s; I know if I went with Focal, I’d try to go for their Utopia series (but good gosh, it’s expensive).  If my search turns up nothing better (or equal to the legacies) then I may need to just watch Audiogon.  If I weren’t putting the theater together, I’d have a pair of Aeris in crates right now, ready to ship.  BUT…priorities are priorities.

Oh really? Hmmm, no room correction with DSD?  I didn’t know that and I really appreciate you telling me this—thankfully the room is going to be expertly treated, because I definitely want to listen to my DSD files at full sampling rate (although there is an argument against no additional data being conveyed at high sampling rates, I still like them).

Ah, plan B.  Might do Aerial 7T’s for the two-channel room.  I would say I’d save for a year and shoot for some Aeris, but Legacy seems to raise their prices every year, so I’d just be unable to afford them next year as well :-/

Resonessense Labs?  That’s one I haven’t come across much but I will absolutely look into them.  I haven’t been discussing my audiophile plans much since this is the HT build thread, but I really am an audiophile and want to build the best possible two-channle room after building the best possible (in my opinion) theater room within my budget.

I’m also sad about the legacy situation man.  Even with my dealers mindblowing prices, I just can’t swing ‘em. Now, if Legacy doesn’t raise their prices again next year, then we may be looking at a pair of Aeris in my two-channel room next year.  BUT…if they go up again, then that ship will definitely have sailed!

A couple of things BB,

1) Yes DSP of content in DSD is very basically impossible as it is a 1-bit sound format. very Different from PCM which can be worked on a 32 bit environment for processing of 16 or 24 bit signals. Only one piece of software claims to be able to do room correction DSP in the DSD domain and that is the Signalyst HQ Player. The creator goes by the name "Miska" on the Computer Audiophile forums. You might want to check it out. But I know from the RMAF 2013 videos that Matt, the creator of JRiver (which I own and love) says that what he claims does not add up...still I though you might want to know.

2) Is the difference in price from the 2013 Aeris many, many thousands of dollars higher than the 2014 models? I know they have additional drivers and better wiring, etc.... But here is a crazy thought...... The room is going to be acoustically treated right? OK, so how about you go with a pair of Whispers XDs (yes they are more expensive but hear me out). These speakers are designed to combat early reflections with their surroundings (including floor and ceilings). If you stand 90 degrees, you don't hear anything!! So.. you can save some money on acoustic treatments for that room in the sides and back of the speakers (where you might need the most treatment) and get the speakers that will still work just as well and are the next level up from the AERIS. The Whispers also come with the Bass Processor and bigger bass amplification than the AERIS.

3) If you were considering a quintet of AERIS ( eek.gif DUDE!!! biggrin.gif ) of whatever set you choose for surround sound music... you must consider this DAC: http://www.exasound.com/e28/Overview.aspx It is the best spec'd multichannel DAC, it is affordable, and has very positive reviews everywhere. The same goes for their 2ch e20 and the new e22 DACs.

4) Don't know what you were thinking regarding amplification, but I thought you could throw in monoblocks from Hypex nCore NC400 ClassD amps. These are DIY amps but are of very high resolution and low noise floor and high SNR. You could have a pair of mono amps for around $2000. Owner of Emotiva monos prefer these over the Emos. You can check user impressions here: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=105310.0
And the builder here: http://aluminatisound.com/mono-core-amp-cases.html. The Builder is Matt Kraemer (also poster on the Emotiva Forums). He has a video here of the same amps in some other custom cases he also builds: http://youtu.be/CbmgKM9_HGQ

Now there are other models of Hypex nCores based on the NC1200 modules available from OEM only. You can read reviews of amps based on their design. Check these: Merrill Audio Veritas or Acoustic Imagery ATASH and another one here. Now these are more expensive (more like $8500/pair). And are basically more powerful versions of the nC400s which are very very good as far as I know.

I hope this helps in your journey

Either way, I know that whatever you do, everything will sound AWESOME and its going to be miles better than what 90% of the members here have (including me first and foremost). I think I speak for all of us here saying we follow you on this journey as it is the next best thing to being able to do this for ourselves, Good luck Brolic!

Don't follow me, I'm lost too -Unknown
SETUP: PC with JRiver MC and PS3 -> Onkyo TX-SR705 via HDMI -> Sierra-2 LCR & Energy Take Classic surrounds \-> Epson 8350
Check out GEEK WAVE: A digital audio player and high quality DAC for your smartphone Check it out HERE
post #274 of 1974 Old 03-19-2014, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Jedi Master Mr. Kenobi, thanks for a very helpful post!  Responses below:

Quote:

Originally Posted by eliwankenobi View Post

A couple of things BB,

1) Yes DSP of content in DSD is very basically impossible as it is a 1-bit sound format. very Different from PCM which can be worked on a 32 bit environment for processing of 16 or 24 bit signals. Only one piece of software claims to be able to do room correction DSP in the DSD domain and that is the Signalyst HQ Player. The creator goes by the name "Miska" on the Computer Audiophile forums. You might want to check it out. But I know from the RMAF 2013 videos that Matt, the creator of JRiver (which I own and love) says that what he claims does not add up...still I though you might want to know.
BB: Very interesting.  I'm going to need to approach the treatment design of the music room very carefully.  I wonder if I can get it so flat, that I wouldn't even need DSP.  I've heard of such rooms, but actually putting one together is something else altogether.  I'm also crazy for JRiver and do trust what Matt says, but I'm going to look up Signalyst and see what they're about.

2) Is the difference in price from the 2013 Aeris many, many thousands of dollars higher than the 2014 models? I know they have additional drivers and better wiring, etc.... But here is a crazy thought...... The room is going to be acoustically treated right? OK, so how about you go with a pair of Whispers XDs (yes they are more expensive but hear me out). These speakers are designed to combat early reflections with their surroundings (including floor and ceilings). If you stand 90 degrees, you don't hear anything!! So.. you can save some money on acoustic treatments for that room in the sides and back of the speakers (where you might need the most treatment) and get the speakers that will still work just as well and are the next level up from the AERIS. The Whispers also come with the Bass Processor and bigger bass amplification than the AERIS.
BB: The difference is 10%, which, at Legacy's fair-but-relatively high prices, pushes me over the boundary of what I'd really like to spend on two speakers.  I've been thinking about actually finding a speaker switcher (made well enough that it doesn't color the sound) and switching between DAC and Pre/Pro, using the same room for movies and music. But then how DO I go about getting a speaker selector that doesn't impart its possible low-end characteristics into the music? One of the reasons I generally didn't want to use the same room for everything is "atmosphere," BUT--I'm sure I can work around that...Ah, the Whisper XD's--I heard those behemoths at AXPONA and Capital Audio Fest, and LOVED them.  There is no boomy bass to speak of, and you're right--standing 90 degrees to one feels like you're in a null bubble.  It's really neat.  They are the ultimate two channel speaker though (I have yet to hear a tweeter that sounds better than the dual AMT used by Legacy).  I appreciate the suggestion--I must mull this over and wonder: At this price point, should a few extra thousand deter me from landing some Legacy gear that I know can't be beat for the type of music I like (female/male ballads, classical, folk, with a bit of bluegrass and jazz thrown in there?)  I never listen to rock, which might be the only genre that could tax the Dual AMT's at uber-high volumes.  Much to think about...
3) If you were considering a quintet of AERIS ( eek.gif DUDE!!! biggrin.gif ) of whatever set you choose for surround sound music... you must consider this DAC: http://www.exasound.com/e28/Overview.aspx It is the best spec'd multichannel DAC, it is affordable, and has very positive reviews everywhere. The same goes for their 2ch e20 and the new e22 DACs.
BB: I came across this DAC about a year ago, and swore I was going to buy it (this was right after I sold my Oppo BDP-105 and I wanted more than just two ESS Sabre DACs provided by the 105).  I did end up getting the 105 eventually, recently replaced by the 105D, but this has rekindled my interest in the product.  If I ever did 5-channel audio, this would definitely be the DAC I got.  If I did stick with the two channel room I'm planning (am I still planning for it?  I wonder...), then I would still consider their two-channel DACs.

4) Don't know what you were thinking regarding amplification, but I thought you could throw in monoblocks from Hypex nCore NC400 ClassD amps. These are DIY amps but are of very high resolution and low noise floor and high SNR. You could have a pair of mono amps for around $2000. Owner of Emotiva monos prefer these over the Emos. You can check user impressions here: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=105310.0
And the builder here: http://aluminatisound.com/mono-core-amp-cases.html. The Builder is Matt Kraemer (also poster on the Emotiva Forums). He has a video here of the same amps in some other custom cases he also builds: http://youtu.be/CbmgKM9_HGQ

Now there are other models of Hypex nCores based on the NC1200 modules available from OEM only. You can read reviews of amps based on their design. Check these: Merrill Audio Veritas or Acoustic Imagery ATASH and another one here. Now these are more expensive (more like $8500/pair). And are basically more powerful versions of the nC400s which are very very good as far as I know. I hope this helps in your journey. Either way, I know that whatever you do, everything will sound AWESOME and its going to be miles better than what 90% of the members here have (including me first and foremost). I think I speak for all of us here saying we follow you on this journey as it is the next best thing to being able to do this for ourselves, Good luck Brolic!
BB: For amps, I just LOVE the Emotiva XPR series. Three XPR-1's and one XPR-5 is the plan for now for the theater, with additional amps being added as Auro/Atmos increase a foothold in the industry.  But the music room won't need nearly as much power (although having it on tap is always a plus).  Aluminati Sound scares the heck out of me...but that Acoustic Imagery ATASH seems pretty awesome.  I may consider them for the two-channel room as well! Merril's price tag is a bit...high! lol

post #275 of 1974 Old 03-19-2014, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:

BB: The difference is 10%, which, at Legacy's fair-but-relatively high prices, pushes me over the boundary of what I'd really like to spend on two speakers. I've been thinking about actually finding a speaker switcher (made well enough that it doesn't color the sound) and switching between DAC and Pre/Pro, using the same room for movies and music. But then how DO I go about getting a speaker selector that doesn't impart its possible low-end characteristics into the music?

If understand what you are saying correctly, this is something JRiver can do. You set up two zones, one for movies and one for music. The movie zone you push through HDMI to your pre-pro, the music zone you push through USB to the DAC. It does the switching automatically based on rules you set up.

-

Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?
post #276 of 1974 Old 03-19-2014, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 469 Post(s)
Liked: 335
Maybe I'm a bit confused (actually, I KNOW I'm a bit confused).

I have been in a number of very high end rooms that support both 2 channel and HT. In your case, the only limitation with putting the 2 channel in the same room would be the requirement of speakers spacing which would be dictated by the screen width. But with the 2 stereo speakers in the room and the 3 HT speakers behind the screen, it would be quite cool. As for room "ambiance". you can certainly get close to an ideal with the right kind of lighting.

As I noted once before, I use to have two rooms but, like you, budget constraints kept me from having the best in both rooms. So while I had to give up whatever value two rooms provided, I ended up with better sonics for both movies AND music. One additional advantage of combing the rooms is that on some live recordings, you can use one of the ambience extraction algorithms on most pre-pros to really enhance the listening experience. You can run your main fronts as is (not through the SSP_ and feed the pre-pro with the same signal and use it for multi-channel. Getting the two balanced takes some work, but once you do, you are good to go.

With the money saved from not having to finish and treat the music room as well as other stuff, I am confident you could use the savings to fund whatever speakers you wish for 2 channel.

As if you needed more options to consider eek.gif

New Theater

Don't count the years. Make the years count. Lou Holtz
post #277 of 1974 Old 03-19-2014, 07:38 PM

is it possible to see some pics off the construction off your new home
post #278 of 1974 Old 03-19-2014, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BllDo View Post

If understand what you are saying correctly, this is something JRiver can do. You set up two zones, one for movies and one for music. The movie zone you push through HDMI to your pre-pro, the music zone you push through USB to the DAC. It does the switching automatically based on rules you set up.

Thanks for this reminder. My *full* system has been disassembled for so long, I forgot about this feature. I have two zones configured just for this ourpose...hdmi is calleed The Brolic Theater, while usb is called Audiophile. Again, thanks for that refresher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post

Maybe I'm a bit confused (actually, I KNOW I'm a bit confused).

I have been in a number of very high end rooms that support both 2 channel and HT. In your case, the only limitation with putting the 2 channel in the same room would be the requirement of speakers spacing which would be dictated by the screen width. But with the 2 stereo speakers in the room and the 3 HT speakers behind the screen, it would be quite cool. As for room "ambiance". you can certainly get close to an ideal with the right kind of lighting.

As I noted once before, I use to have two rooms but, like you, budget constraints kept me from having the best in both rooms. So while I had to give up whatever value two rooms provided, I ended up with better sonics for both movies AND music. One additional advantage of combing the rooms is that on some live recordings, you can use one of the ambience extraction algorithms on most pre-pros to really enhance the listening experience. You can run your main fronts as is (not through the SSP_ and feed the pre-pro with the same signal and use it for multi-channel. Getting the two balanced takes some work, but once you do, you are good to go.

With the money saved from not having to finish and treat the music room as well as other stuff, I am confident you could use the savings to fund whatever speakers you wish for 2 channel.

As if you needed more options to consider eek.gif

Im really considering this one-room solution.....once upon a time, I had this idea of a motorized screen wall with complete two channel-ness untill the screen wall and side panels rolled down around the room.....I may revisit this concept if it isn't too latr in the design process with my designer. Im not a huge fan of speakrrs in the room, although folks like you and SOWK (old configuration) are able to pull it off. What I've been noticing is that some of both Anthony Grimani's and Dennis Erskine's designs sometimes include speakers behind the at fabric om either side of tye screen, with only the center channel being behind the screen itself. This has been causing me to wonder (and anticipate my design even more, although we just settled on room dimensi8ns amd basement locations). I really did love my InRoom Plats for everything...and one room would let me splurge on something else....a DPI MVISION 400 light cannon for 3D, perhaps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfredent View Post

is it possible to see some pics off the construction off your new home

Hey man, I have tons of construction pics, but....I told my wife not to go sharing with everyone (she's an extreme extrovert and shares everything), so I cant post much....buy I will post a few pics shortly, as an edit to this post!

Edit: Construction Pics Below:

Garage Shot

Family Room

In the morning room

Backyard View

wilfredent likes this.
post #279 of 1974 Old 03-19-2014, 09:53 PM

Quote:

Thanks for this reminder. My *full* system has been disassembled for so long, I forgot about this feature. I have two zones configured just for this ourpose...hdmi is calleed The Brolic Theater, while usb is called Audiophile. Again, thanks for that refresher!

Im really considering this one-room solution.....once upon a time, I had this idea of a motorized screen wall with complete two channel-ness untill the screen wall and side panels rolled down around the room.....I may revisit this concept if it isn't too latr in the design process with my designer. Im not a huge fan of speakrrs in the room, although folks like you and SOWK (old configuration) are able to pull it off. What I've been noticing is that some of both Anthony Grimani's and Dennis Erskine's designs sometimes include speakers behind the at fabric om either side of tye screen, with only the center channel being behind the screen itself. This has been causing me to wonder (and anticipate my design even more, although we just settled on room dimensi8ns amd basement locations). I really did love my InRoom Plats for everything...and one room would let me splurge on something else....a DPI MVISION 400 light cannon for 3D, perhaps...

Hey man, I have tons of construction pics, but....I told my wife not to go sharing with everyone (she's an extreme extrovert and shares everything), so I cant post much....buy I will post a few pics shortly, as an edit to this post!

Edit: Construction Pics Below:

Garage Shot

Family Room

In the morning room

Backyard View

Thanks for sharing look F@$king amazing
Mfusick likes this.
post #280 of 1974 Old 03-20-2014, 05:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Nice looking pics Matt. I am sure it will be great when it's all finished.

It ain't easy being green.
My System
post #281 of 1974 Old 03-20-2014, 07:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks guys!  The drywall has since been put up!  I can't wait to get the keys in my hand!  I may just go striaght to the back door and into the basement to start demolishing the drywall from the theater.  If I spend even five minutes standing in that finished basement, I know I'm going to want to just keep it as-is. I can't let that happen. lol.

Mfusick likes this.
post #282 of 1974 Old 03-20-2014, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 888 Post(s)
Liked: 596
That's one of the best ideas I have seen yet with a 2ch room off the side of the theater. I will be doing the same in a spare bedroom in the near future. If we decide to move to another house that is potentially ours, I will have a basement big enough for 4 theaters LOL.
post #283 of 1974 Old 03-20-2014, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post

That's one of the best ideas I have seen yet with a 2ch room off the side of the theater. I will be doing the same in a spare bedroom in the near future. If we decide to move to another house that is potentially ours, I will have a basement big enough for 4 theaters LOL.

Glad you like the idea!  Yeah man, figured it would be easy to just slide from one into the other, although I'm now considering skipping the two-channel music room now and making the theater the one-stop shot for everything.  Can't yet make my mind up, as far as that goes.

Four theaters?  Can I have one? Pleaseeeee...:D

Mfusick likes this.
post #284 of 1974 Old 03-20-2014, 10:18 AM

Quote:

Glad you like the idea!  Yeah man, figured it would be easy to just slide from one into the other, although I'm now considering skipping the two-channel music room now and making the theater the one-stop shot for everything.  Can't yet make my mind up, as far as that goes.

Four theaters?  Can I have one? Pleaseeeee...biggrin.gif

Yea BrolicBeast I think that's a good idea to focus on one room at a time
post #285 of 1974 Old 03-21-2014, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Taking the beast out of the box.

Reddig likes this.
post #286 of 1974 Old 03-21-2014, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Quote:

You need to mark this pornography NSFW!! biggrin.gif
post #287 of 1974 Old 03-21-2014, 03:14 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked: 764
Quote:

Just oneupmanship, I've actually plugged one in and watched an upscaled bluray, beautiful. Another is in the box at a client waiting for me to finish the room.
Mfusick likes this.
post #288 of 1974 Old 03-21-2014, 04:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post

Just oneupmanship, I've actually plugged one in and watched an upscaled bluray, beautiful. Another is in the box at a client waiting for me to finish the room.
Speaking of your clients, everyone on here seems to talk about how busy you are all the time but I don't see any new links in your signature. I'm not saying you're a lying sack of crap or anything like that. I'm just wondering how do you decide what project gets into your legendary signature, which has 3 HT of the Month Awards. Not bad for someone who isn't from Texas, by the way.

Yeah, I know it's off topic but as long as we're talking about home theaters, home theater equipment, home theater construction, or home theater contractors, I get the feeling BrolicBeast doesn't mind.
post #289 of 1974 Old 03-21-2014, 04:35 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

I am in the finishing stages of two projects, one that takes all the weekday hours I can commit and the other all my weekend hours. I take Fridays off. I've actually throttled back on my play by play threads as they generate so much interest in my services that I manage to disappoint (or piss off) more people with unanswered PMs than I help. Every week I get at least 1/2 dozen requests for on-site help and I just can't do it. I've made on-site build commitments for 3 more theaters this year.
Mfusick likes this.
post #290 of 1974 Old 03-21-2014, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:

I am in the finishing stages of two projects, one that takes all the weekday hours I can commit and the other all my weekend hours. I take Fridays off. I've actually throttled back on my play by play threads as they generate so much interest in my services that I manage to disappoint (or piss off) more people with unanswered PMs than I help. Every week I get at least 1/2 dozen requests for on-site help and I just can't do it. I've made on-site build commitments for 3 more theaters this year.
Just don't forget about my "redo" when you have time. wink.gif
post #291 of 1974 Old 03-21-2014, 04:48 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

its on my mind, now that the snow is almost gone and when your backyard dies out we can start cutting some wood back there! But there is snow in the forecast for Tuesday.
Mfusick likes this.
post #292 of 1974 Old 03-21-2014, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

man, I spent hours with this thing! I have about twenty minutes of footage, but YouTube kept flagging my videos for copyrighted content (uploaded twice before this one) so I had to edit the heck out the video and focus on just the unboxing portions of the video.
post #293 of 1974 Old 03-21-2014, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:

its on my mind, now that the snow is almost gone and when your backyard dies out we can start cutting some wood back there! But there is snow in the forecast for Tuesday.
post #294 of 1974 Old 03-21-2014, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

APRILLLLLL/MAYYYYYYY
post #295 of 1974 Old 03-23-2014, 08:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMcG View Post

You need to mark this pornography NSFW!! biggrin.gif

Lol..HT Porn.....Where *long* cables can fit into the smallest of *ports*, and Iris opens wide, but is so freaking sensitive...(to light).
post #296 of 1974 Old 03-24-2014, 05:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I’ve figured it out!  The solution to my two-channel woes. Some folks might be aware than I’m a former owner of Legacy Focus SE speakers.  I loved them so much and have never really overcome my regret in selling them (although I sold them as part of the plan to purchase a set of Aeris, which ended up helping to fund the Triad Platinum purchase instead, which have been subsequently sold and upgraded to the Triad CinemaPlus Platinums).  Well, I’ve figure out how to get my Legacy music sound back:  The Legacy Theater Towers.

The Legacy Theater Towers have the identical driver array to the Focus SE speakers that I loved so much, but are under ten inches deep, and are about 70” inches tall.  Essentially, they are in-wall versions of the Focus SE.  I want to place these behind AT Fabric on either side of the screen, angled and optimized for two-channel listening.

I look forward to getting lost in that silky smooth sound for two-channel music once again.

post #297 of 1974 Old 03-24-2014, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

It’s amazing just how full circle these things come.

It looks like my second row of seating would be placed just within 18ft, regardless of room length (has to do with a technically acoustic reason i don't think I can disclose).  Thus—this solves the question of whether or not I can fit two rows into 18 ft. of length.  Now, the question is: do I bother moving the bathroom,  HVAC, and Water Heater JUST to fit a back-bar in the rear of the theater? I dunno---

I think I’m going to end up sticking with the original space now…

post #298 of 1974 Old 03-24-2014, 08:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 469 Post(s)
This must be version 14.7 of equipment combinations for your new theater. rolleyes.gif

I know this gets you the speakers with the sonics of your choice and you don't have to build a new room to get them, but do you believe you will be giving up anything of the 2 channel experience (such as image depth) by having the LR stereo speakers in-wall versus in-room?

Have you ever heard such a system?

(By the way, what is that "white stuff" I can see out of the windows in the photos of your new home)?

New Theater

Don't count the years. Make the years count. Lou Holtz
post #299 of 1974 Old 03-25-2014, 06:30 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post

This must be version 14.7 of equipment combinations for your new theater. rolleyes.gif

I know this gets you the speakers with the sonics of your choice and you don't have to build a new room to get them, but do you believe you will be giving up anything of the 2 channel experience (such as image depth) by having the LR stereo speakers in-wall versus in-room?

Have you ever heard such a system?

(By the way, what is that "white stuff" I can see out of the windows in the photos of your new home)?

Ha! Version 14.7 sounds about right!!!  Regarding the sonics, i'm going to look into having "baffle walls" designed for the Legacies as well, and I'm also toying with curving my entire front screen wall, giving the speakers a bit more of an arc to work with.  Nothing is solidified yet though--all design operations are on hold, as PMI needs specific dimensions before they can begin the MEAT of the technical stuff.  So, nothing is getting done until I get the room build and soundproofed with final dimensions (I already have the basics (where seating should go, etc.)

Ah, all that white stuff outisde the window is something you guys in Atlanta have only recently discovered: SNOW!!!!!!

post #300 of 1974 Old 03-25-2014, 07:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I've just learned that If I did move the bathroom, I'd need to maintain connection to a plumbing vent???  Can a new vent be built and just sent through the back of the house? The pipes sticking out of the back of the house in the picture below--are those bathroom vents? I'm not entirely sure how vents work, other than they help to somehow regulate pressure in the pipes.  I'm very unsure...

Mfusick and wilfredent like this.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Lumagen , Triad , Seaton Sound , Triad Inwall Gold 6 Lcr

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page