The Beast, Unleashed - Page 48 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 473Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1411 of 2877 Old 09-02-2014, 08:16 AM
Advanced Member
 
ClemsonJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Ashburn, VA
Posts: 628
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 92
You could be like my neighbor who is obviously finishing his basement and had home depot drop off a huge pallet of 2x4s and 3 huge pallets of drywall wrapped up in plastic on his front driveway...

...and then proceeded to leave the drywall sitting outside for like 3 weeks at this point. I can't imagine that its any good at this point after all the rain and everything we've had, regardless of how well they wrapped it up.

My Home Theater Build: The Vortex Theater Build
ClemsonJeeper is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1412 of 2877 Old 09-02-2014, 10:02 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR
 
BIGmouthinDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 22,339
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 970 Post(s)
Liked: 943
Beast is talking about scraps from the demo and the next stop is the landfill. While I can do it with my van this will be the cheapest solution and you only have to move the crap once. I checked and they are available in Waldorf

BIGmouthinDC is offline  
post #1413 of 2877 Old 09-02-2014, 02:11 PM
Advanced Member
 
ClemsonJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Ashburn, VA
Posts: 628
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 92
I would think it would be way easier to do it with a pick up than a van. When I had to make trips with all my demo to loudoun, all I had to do was fill up the truck bed and pull up right next to the dumpster at the dump. Then just chuck it directly from the truck to the dumpster.

They asked me if I'd rather go to the real dump part and I was like, noooooooooooo thanks. I did that once and whatever magical concoction of trash, trash juise, rain, and mud managed to stain my tires so bad that they never were able to be cleaned again.
Mfusick and Reddig like this.

My Home Theater Build: The Vortex Theater Build
ClemsonJeeper is offline  
post #1414 of 2877 Old 09-03-2014, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
BrolicBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charles County, MD
Posts: 3,454
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 531 Post(s)
Liked: 523
BREAKIMG NEWS: Sony VPL-VW300ES 4k projector announced. 200 fewer lumens than the VPL-VW600, but significantly cheaper. Its the perfect "'till we get there" UHD projector! Lets see what JVC has in store...surely, it must answer this.
BrolicBeast is online now  
post #1415 of 2877 Old 09-03-2014, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
MIkeDuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: eastern PA
Posts: 6,432
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 94
I guess it will do . No lens memory though. I don't know if that is an issue or not.

It ain't easy being green.
My System
MIkeDuke is online now  
post #1416 of 2877 Old 09-03-2014, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
BrolicBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charles County, MD
Posts: 3,454
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 531 Post(s)
Liked: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke View Post
I guess it will do . No lens memory though. I don't know if that is an issue or not.
Lens memory: never needed it, never shall! But this is back-up....if this is any indication, projector announcements will be disappointing this year (no 4:4:4) or true HDMI 2.0. Maybe JVC will do better.
BrolicBeast is online now  
post #1417 of 2877 Old 09-03-2014, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
BrolicBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charles County, MD
Posts: 3,454
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 531 Post(s)
Liked: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
I would think it would be way easier to do it with a pick up than a van. When I had to make trips with all my demo to loudoun, all I had to do was fill up the truck bed and pull up right next to the dumpster at the dump. Then just chuck it directly from the truck to the dumpster.

They asked me if I'd rather go to the real dump part and I was like, noooooooooooo thanks. I did that once and whatever magical concoction of trash, trash juise, rain, and mud managed to stain my tires so bad that they never were able to be cleaned again.
This quote had helped me in a number of ways! Gracias. I now know what to look for on my first ever dumpster trip.

It looks like the consensus is definitely NOT to leave scraps on the grass. Thus, I shan't.

Btw, that neighbor with drywall at the front of the driveway...how has the HOA not fined him like, a million dollars?
BrolicBeast is online now  
post #1418 of 2877 Old 09-03-2014, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
MIkeDuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: eastern PA
Posts: 6,432
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post
Lens memory: never needed it, never shall! But this is back-up....if this is any indication, projector announcements will be disappointing this year (no 4:4:4) or true HDMI 2.0. Maybe JVC will do better.
That just gives you more time to save up. No need to go full out and spend $5,000-$8,000 on a projector if you are maybe going to sell it in a year. At least that's my thought. But as you say, you can wait to see if JVC comes out with something.
wilfredent likes this.

It ain't easy being green.
My System
MIkeDuke is online now  
post #1419 of 2877 Old 09-03-2014, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
BrolicBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charles County, MD
Posts: 3,454
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 531 Post(s)
Liked: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke View Post
That just gives you more time to save up. No need to go full out and spend $5,000-$8,000 on a projector if you are maybe going to sell it in a year. At least that's my thought. But as you say, you can wait to see if JVC comes out with something.
Yup,I'm ready to get CEDIA's best non-DLP projector....I just need to know which one it is! I'm hoping JVC has something for me with the light output I need.
BrolicBeast is online now  
post #1420 of 2877 Old 09-03-2014, 03:12 PM
Senior Member
 
RockDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 307
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post
Yup,I'm ready to get CEDIA's best non-DLP projector....I just need to know which one it is! I'm hoping JVC has something for me with the light output I need.
Why non-DLP?
RockDawg is offline  
post #1421 of 2877 Old 09-03-2014, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
BrolicBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charles County, MD
Posts: 3,454
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 531 Post(s)
Liked: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockDawg View Post
Why non-DLP?
DLP's typically have horendous black levels....not so with some, like Sim2, but DPI, Christie, Display Dev....the contrast is generally sorely wanting.

Last edited by BrolicBeast; 09-03-2014 at 03:20 PM.
BrolicBeast is online now  
post #1422 of 2877 Old 09-03-2014, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
MIkeDuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: eastern PA
Posts: 6,432
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 94
As I think I mentioned my friend has an older Sim. I forget the name but it's not a super high end one and it looks really good on his 84in screen. Along with all the usual suspects, if I were going all out, I would look at Sim as well.

It ain't easy being green.
My System
MIkeDuke is online now  
post #1423 of 2877 Old 09-04-2014, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
BrolicBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charles County, MD
Posts: 3,454
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 531 Post(s)
Liked: 523
Width channels secured. Five Triad Platinums across the front soundstage.

Reddig likes this.

Last edited by BrolicBeast; 09-04-2014 at 11:04 AM.
BrolicBeast is online now  
post #1424 of 2877 Old 09-04-2014, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
MIkeDuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: eastern PA
Posts: 6,432
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 94
So the FL\FR\C\FRW\FLW are all Plats? Damn. That is some front stage. Can't wait for more pics.

It ain't easy being green.
My System
MIkeDuke is online now  
post #1425 of 2877 Old 09-04-2014, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
BrolicBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charles County, MD
Posts: 3,454
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 531 Post(s)
Liked: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke View Post
So the FL\FR\C\FRW\FLW are all Plats? Damn. That is some front stage. Can't wait for more pics.
Yes sir! All plats indeed I can't wait until speaker installation day!
Reddig likes this.
BrolicBeast is online now  
post #1426 of 2877 Old 09-04-2014, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Reefdvr27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cape May, NJ (South Jersey)
Posts: 3,592
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1062 Post(s)
Liked: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post
Beast is talking about scraps from the demo and the next stop is the landfill. While I can do it with my van this will be the cheapest solution and you only have to move the crap once. I checked and they are available in Waldorf

Could always check out the dumpster bag from Waste Management. Seen these running on TV commercials and could be helpful for small demos. I winded up getting a full size dumpster and glad I did. We have a friend who drops them on the side and he hooked me up. I paid like $250 to dump the materials and like a $100 for the drop. I had it over 2 months, it came in handy when I stripped the roof. That was half of my weight.

Waste management bagster.

http://charlesandhudson.com/bags_are_the_new_dumpsters/

---
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bagster-Full-of-Home-Construction-Trash.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	246082  

Last edited by Reefdvr27; 09-04-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Reefdvr27 is offline  
post #1427 of 2877 Old 09-04-2014, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
TMcG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manbearpig Search Headquarters
Posts: 3,221
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 676 Post(s)
Liked: 493
Just a suggestion, but in our area if I have waste that needs disposal that won't fit into the standard 95 gallon can, all I have to do is call the city and they send a special truck on garbage day to pick it all up. Most of the time the service is included with my monthly waste disposal fee, but if it's a large item, like a washer, they charge a nominal fee. I've set out TONS of construction debris over the last 8 years and have never paid a dime.
TMcG is offline  
post #1428 of 2877 Old 09-04-2014, 02:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Mfusick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Western MA
Posts: 27,104
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 1494
Or just use those heavy duty extra ply plastic construction bags. I've thrown out some crazy stuff and they always take it. I smashed a cast iron bath tub with a sledge and bagged it and they took it. Countless construction debris, etcetera..

You'd be surprised what they haul away.
Mfusick is online now  
post #1429 of 2877 Old 09-04-2014, 04:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Batman61405's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Horsham, PA
Posts: 257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post
Width channels secured. Five Triad Platinums across the front soundstage.



When are those unboxing videos coming???? this looks insane! How much power can these things handle??

Polk CS20
Polk Tsi 500's
Polk Tsi 200's
Denon 1713
Samsung 37'' LCD
Panasonic DMP-BDT 210
SVS PB-2000
Auralex Great Gramma/MoPAD
Logitech Harmony One
Batman61405 is offline  
post #1430 of 2877 Old 09-04-2014, 06:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
TMcG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manbearpig Search Headquarters
Posts: 3,221
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 676 Post(s)
Liked: 493
Widths in Atmos are for objects only and not part of the channel bed. Overkill? Yes! Do I like it? Yes!!
TMcG is offline  
post #1431 of 2877 Old 09-04-2014, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
COACH2369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 1,812
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post
Yes sir! All plats indeed I can't wait until speaker installation day!
I can't wait until it is GTG time...
COACH2369 is online now  
post #1432 of 2877 Old 09-04-2014, 08:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
audioguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far from Atlanta - but far enough!
Posts: 4,017
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 823 Post(s)
Liked: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post
Width channels secured. Five Triad Platinums across the front soundstage.

R U using these kinds of Plats or the ones that are designed to be installed in a wall??

New Theater

Romans 10:9-10;17


Obsessed is just a word the ill-informed use to describe the dedicated
audioguy is online now  
post #1433 of 2877 Old 09-05-2014, 04:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Mfusick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Western MA
Posts: 27,104
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 1494
[quote]"At next week's CEDIA in Denver, Epson will unveil a new flagship home theater projector that will get the industry buzzing...

The Pro Cinema LS10000 will be a major step up in price and performance compared to anything previously released by Epson. Its features include 4K enhancement of 1080p sources, native 4K compatibility, a light engine that combines a long life laser light source with reflective 3LCD chips, and 3-way automated lens memory for 2.40, 1.85, and 1.78 Constant Image Height installations. Contrast is so high on the LS10000 that Epson declines to put a number on it. Contrast is simply designated as “Absolute Black.”
Reddig likes this.
Mfusick is online now  
post #1434 of 2877 Old 09-05-2014, 04:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
BrolicBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charles County, MD
Posts: 3,454
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 531 Post(s)
Liked: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post
Could always check out the dumpster bag from Waste Management. Seen these running on TV commercials and could be helpful for small demos. I winded up getting a full size dumpster and glad I did. We have a friend who drops them on the side and he hooked me up. I paid like $250 to dump the materials and like a $100 for the drop. I had it over 2 months, it came in handy when I stripped the roof. That was half of my weight.

Waste management bagster.

http://charlesandhudson.com/bags_are_the_new_dumpsters/

---
I wish I knew your dumpster frend! lol. For the amount of scrap, the bagster is too rich for my blood. But if I could find a place to store the scraps until I accumulated more waste to make this bagster worthwhile, I'd definitely look into it. Big told me about these Bagster guys when I was looking to remove the trash from the original basement demo. They're a pretty neat alternative to dumpsters indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMcG View Post
Just a suggestion, but in our area if I have waste that needs disposal that won't fit into the standard 95 gallon can, all I have to do is call the city and they send a special truck on garbage day to pick it all up. Most of the time the service is included with my monthly waste disposal fee, but if it's a large item, like a washer, they charge a nominal fee. I've set out TONS of construction debris over the last 8 years and have never paid a dime.
My development contracts with Waste Management (the company) for trash removal. I'm still going to look into this option though. I know they do bulk removal, but their structure is weird--$75 for first bulk item, and $15 for each additional bulk item. How do I make wood scraps a single bult item? Maybe I can build a very broken tree-house and that can be my "first" item. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post
Or just use those heavy duty extra ply plastic construction bags. I've thrown out some crazy stuff and they always take it. I smashed a cast iron bath tub with a sledge and bagged it and they took it. Countless construction debris, etcetera..

You'd be surprised what they haul away.
You've got me thinking now--perhaps I can just use my saw, cut everything down, and have the garbage collectors grab it over a series of months. Granted, the garbage folks don't take anything that's not in a standard garbge can. I learned that after my basement bathroom demo--hauled 13 bags to the front of the yard, just to see them still in front of the house when I got home. I'd have to get rid of two to three bags a week like I did with the bathroom demo scraps, but it's free....free is hard to beat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman61405 View Post
When are those unboxing videos coming???? this looks insane! How much power can these things handle??
Bananas....in pajamas INSANE!!!!1 lolol. No unboxing videos for these--these InRoom plats are rated for 500w, which means they reeeeally handle about 2000w.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMcG View Post
Widths in Atmos are for objects only and not part of the channel bed. Overkill? Yes! Do I like it? Yes!!
Overkilllll indeed! There are a couple other things I.m thinking about doing with these--there are a few rooms that I know I can use these in if I went another route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH2369 View Post
I can't wait until it is GTG time...
Me neither man---I look forward to sharing the result of all this labor with others who can also appreciate the final result!

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post
R U using these kinds of Plats or the ones that are designed to be installed in a wall??
Both--cinemaplus Plats designed for baffe wall are the LCR channels, and InRoom Plats are the wides (not using cinemaplus Plats as wides becasue they require a baffle-wall and an angled bafflewall would get in the way of the screen at the width channel position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post
"At next week's CEDIA in Denver, Epson will unveil a new flagship home theater projector that will get the industry buzzing...

The Pro Cinema LS10000 will be a major step up in price and performance compared to anything previously released by Epson. Its features include 4K enhancement of 1080p sources, native 4K compatibility, a light engine that combines a long life laser light source with reflective 3LCD chips, and 3-way automated lens memory for 2.40, 1.85, and 1.78 Constant Image Height installations. Contrast is so high on the LS10000 that Epson declines to put a number on it. Contrast is simply designated as “Absolute Black.”
I've always looked at Epsons as "almost JVC's" due to black level differences (no offense fo epson owners)--could they really have accomplished better-than-JVC black levels? I do wonder......they are know for their light-output for sure. This is certainly one worth watching when I'm at CEDIA next week, although the 4k enhanced instead of 4k compatible is another disappointing blow to this years projector announcements. I thought EVERY manufacturer would be doing 4k by this CEDIA.
BrolicBeast is online now  
post #1435 of 2877 Old 09-05-2014, 04:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
TMcG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manbearpig Search Headquarters
Posts: 3,221
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 676 Post(s)
Liked: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post
I've always looked at Epsons as "almost JVC's" due to black level differences (no offense fo epson owners)--could they really have accomplished better-than-JVC black levels? I do wonder......they are know for their light-output for sure. This is certainly one worth watching when I'm at CEDIA next week, although the 4k enhanced instead of 4k compatible is another disappointing blow to this years projector announcements. I thought EVERY manufacturer would be doing 4k by this CEDIA.
2015 CEDIA announcements are more likely, considering 4K spinning media *should* be available by then. I, for one, view 4K as a 'nice to have' vs. a 'need to have' at this stage due to the lack of content. Even native 4K projectors upscale 1080p, so this Epson is no different.

I look forward to seeing this projector live in the flesh next week as well! Contrast is one thing, but hopefully it has brightness that can rival their Pro G series to support really large screens. And hopefully the 'step up' in price is not too big....
TMcG is offline  
post #1436 of 2877 Old 09-05-2014, 04:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Mfusick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Western MA
Posts: 27,104
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 1494
I just thought that projector looked interesting. It's priced right, and no matter what people say there isn't such a thing as too much light (especially for 3D)

On the trash barrel thing,

Go buy a few more trash barrels so you can put out more barrels each week. Trash barrels are like $10 each. Put the bags in the barrels. Problem solved.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
Mfusick is online now  
post #1437 of 2877 Old 09-05-2014, 05:13 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR
 
BIGmouthinDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 22,339
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 970 Post(s)
Liked: 943
our area uses the Hollywood cans (Tote with wheels) The driver doesn't often even leave the truck as they have a lift that grabs the can. In some areas if it isn't in the can with their logo it doesn't always get picked up. Luckily my street is not one of those areas as I seem to always have more than the provided can.
BIGmouthinDC is offline  
post #1438 of 2877 Old 09-05-2014, 06:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Mfusick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Western MA
Posts: 27,104
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 1494
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post
our area uses the Hollywood cans (Tote with wheels) The driver doesn't often even leave the truck as they have a lift that grabs the can. In some areas if it isn't in the can with their logo it doesn't always get picked up. Luckily my street is not one of those areas as I seem to always have more than the provided can.
I did not even think of that. Makes me appreciate how easy I have it. Our town has free trash removal, and they take just about anything. In a bag, in a barrel. They will even grab bulk items sitting on the curb. It doesn't really matter.

Can you buy additional trash barrels that are the ones they use ? (I'm guessing it's not the $9.99 special )

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
Mfusick is online now  
post #1439 of 2877 Old 09-05-2014, 06:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
BrolicBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charles County, MD
Posts: 3,454
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 531 Post(s)
Liked: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMcG View Post
2015 CEDIA announcements are more likely, considering 4K spinning media *should* be available by then. I, for one, view 4K as a 'nice to have' vs. a 'need to have' at this stage due to the lack of content. Even native 4K projectors upscale 1080p, so this Epson is no different.

I look forward to seeing this projector live in the flesh next week as well! Contrast is one thing, but hopefully it has brightness that can rival their Pro G series to support really large screens. And hopefully the 'step up' in price is not too big....
Honestly, with my screen size, I'd actually take a hit in contrast to get sufficient brightness. I don't think I shared this with anyone, but I decided that if nothing great it's announced at CEDIA, I may actually just get another 600ES and call it a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post
I just thought that projector looked interesting. It's priced right, and no matter what people say there isn't such a thing as too much light (especially for 3D)

On the trash barrel thing,

Go buy a few more trash barrels so you can put out more barrels each week. Trash barrels are like $10 each. Put the bags in the barrels. Problem solved.
Yeah, definitely interesting. It's LASER too, which is awesome! If it's a light cannon with 3D, I'm in. Yeah bins are like $40 where I am for the medium and $65 fit the large ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post
our area uses the Hollywood cans (Tote with wheels) The driver doesn't often even leave the truck as they have a lift that grabs the can. In some areas if it isn't in the can with their logo it doesn't always get picked up. Luckily my street is not one of those areas as I seem to always have more than the provided can.
Haven't heard about them, but they sound neat! I'll research them as well. Thanks Big. Btw, more ib-3 clips are arriving today.
BrolicBeast is online now  
post #1440 of 2877 Old 09-05-2014, 09:30 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR
 
BIGmouthinDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 22,339
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 970 Post(s)
Liked: 943
out service provides these with their logo painted on the side, In my county there are several trash companies that compete for business. Our 12 home HOA did a group deal and we pay the "Condo" rate for our single family homes. It is paid out of our HOA fees, wasn't mandatory but is was a no brainer, Only one truck coming down the street, cheap rate and no individual monthly bills to pay.

BIGmouthinDC is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Lumagen , Triad , Seaton Sound , Triad Inwall Gold 6 Lcr

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off