AVS Forum banner
673K views 7K replies 343 participants last post by  Ladeback 
#1 · (Edited)
2024 Update Underway: Wisdom Audio, MadVR, Stewart Directors Choice, and much more. Stay tuned!

THE BEAST, UNLEASHED: COMPLETED PHOTOS (March 2021):

On the cost of the room, here's the big kicker: This is the MSRP value of the room, which I'd say is in line with the high performance room I originally envisioned (but didn't appropriately budget for). If I didn't have great relationships with so many awesome dealers, it's what I would have had to pay...but thankfully, I paid significantly less:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2,821 ·
The color is a tough one. What shade of blue are we talking about. Not powder or metallic right? Blue is one of my favorite colors so I could easily go with blue and I think that would look really sharp with grey. But, I also have burgundy curtains and they look really nice. But my room is white. I am wearing navy blue right now :). I think the blue and grey would compliment each other nicely. But, seeing my curtains, I also like burgundy as well. I just don't know if I like it enough for an entire room. If it were me, I would probably go with the Blue and grey. If you want a burgundy look, you could see if you could get a curtain for your screen that was burgundy. I forget how much Craig has in his room but his room has burgundy in it and it does look nice. It's almost the same material as my curtains. As I said, it's a tough call and you will be the one who has to live with it. I guess it all depends on what shade of blue we are talking about. To me, the darker the better.

#2,839 ·
#1 ...

Sorry, I have once again polluted your thread with my theatre !! :)

Cheers,
I should come down to Australia to give you a proper flogging for polluting Brolic's thread but since that is such a gorgeous theater, I think I need to come down to Australia to give it a proper viewing. That is gorgeous and I like your color scheme best. Really nice job!

#2,840 ·
Number 2 colour scheme with number 1 curved ceiling..

#2,842 ·
Just to add confusion to the confusion, I vote for the colors in PeterM's theater. Not that you asked and definitley OT, his is one of my top 5 on AVS. Art Sonneborn and doublewing11 are two more.

Back on topic. I would quit trying to make this type of decision based upon some color rendetions on your computer screen. Order color swatches of each of the fabrics under consideration (GOM I assume), AT LEAST a square yard if not more, and combine them as your options dictate. Get some samples of the paint colors you are considerinb, paint some drywall pieces (or something else if you have trashed all of the extras). Put them in a fairly dark room and THE BROLIC family (and only the Brolic family) should decide. When I made my decision, I was looking for what kind of "feel" the color combination provided and since you and the bride will be spending 99.9999% of the time versus AVS members or others, that is my recommendation for you. My guess is that you didn't ask any other AVSers about how to design, decorate or paint any of the rest of your house so why would you want to do so for this most important space.

My sermon is now complete. May we have an "Amen" (or not :rolleyes:)

#2,848 ·
Folks, thank you VERY much for your input. I love this place. I have made a decision on the color scheme!!! I shall finalize in sketchup over the weekend. I'm very excited!

#2,868 ·
What did you end up going with? I got the first of my blue/gray panels up last week, and I think they look really nice. Unfortunately, I am having a bit of a fabric crisis though.

#2,849 ·
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you: The Baffle Wall Design from Acoustic Frontiers:

#2,851 ·
So awesome. I remember first looking at my baffle wall design from Nyal...even more exciting to build it and slide those speakers into place. Definitely my favorite part of the build.

Congrats!!
Yeah man, I have to say, your build is what made me truly consider a custom designed baffle wall. I originally planned to go with the cookie cutter baffle walls designed by Triad for the CinemaPlus Platinums. But I saw yours, gave it some thought, asked Nyal about 50 times what he thought about the Triad-designed baffle walls, and he told me each time that a baffle wall specifically designed for a room would be better (which I absolutely believe) and needless to say, here we are! I can't wait to build this!