Riser issues. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-11-2013, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11

So the riser was filled with insulation and the top was cut and screwed down with liquid nails and decking screws. I noticed one spot where the front joist was not touching the floor and when you walk on that spot it goes down slightly. I stuck 2 thin pieces of wood underneath to try and shim it. It seems like it might work. Is this the best solution and if so, how should the shims be attached, should I nail it to the floor and cut off the part that sticks out?

I would welcome any suggestions to fix the issue.

I also notice some slight squeaks despite my best effort to ensure there would be none :( 

Thanks.

Avengers Assemble
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-11-2013, 05:00 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 618
Force in some composite shims then caulk the area, they won't migrate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PROJECTS:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 Old 11-11-2013, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11

Hey Big,

Thanks for the reply.

I am new to this stuff so, from what you are saying, get a composite shim, stick it underneath, cut off the end of the shim to make it flush to the riser outer joist and then caulk with something like liquid nails?

Thanks.

Avengers Assemble
post #4 of 4 Old 11-12-2013, 01:54 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 618
Yes, I've never used liquid nails as a caulk but it should work.

PROJECTS:

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page