Green Room Theater - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 11-27-2013, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hello everybody, I completed my theater back in May. Now that I can't golf, I found some time to post pictures!

I started with an unfinished basement, and did most of the work myself over a 4 month period... I was exhausted by the end. The post that you see in/on the bar was the determining factor in how the layout had to be. Which left me with about 14' for 2 seating rows. Took a lot of math to get it right. Back row can see whole screen, even at 16:9. And even those at the stadium height bar can see as well. Front seat eyes are about 8ft from screen :eek: and its awesome...

I'm not much of an audiophile, so you'll see some equipment you might scoff at. Immersion is what I prefer, which makes things a bit cheaper :) I was able to procure some equipment from a theater that was being auctioned/bulldozed, which allowed me to not feel bad about getting nice carpet (Slate Path), and a nicer laminate in the billiard section. Pool table is a 100+ year Brunswick :D

I need to thank a lot of people here. So much useful information here. If you see something that looks like yours... I probably stole the idea :) Thank you! Photography is sub par, really hard to take pictures of something that's suppose to be dim..

Over the winter I want to come up with something to dress it up a little. Might just be a couple movie posters, as I would rather it feel minimalist than crowded. Any suggestions???

144" 16:9 Spandex screen

Epson 8350

7.1 Setup: Old DCM KX12 mains, DCM KX10 center, A5-350/bash500w, and 4xJBL 8340 surrounds

2x Clark synthesis TST209 Transducers mounted in 2 of the Lane Matinees 

Onkyo 805 powering surrounds

2x Altec Lansing 9444A, 300w channel into mains/center and transducers

Trip Lite LCR2400 Line conditioner

PS3

Nexus 7 tab

HTPC, full 1080p gaming etc.

Harmony 890, controls Insteon lighting

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-28-2013, 06:35 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi Ho excellent job on your space !! Really slick man, digging the choice of colors and layout! Looks like everything fits perfect. Was just curious how wide the theater was and also the distance from wall behind screen to back wall by pool table? Thinking of any posters and such around the pool table walls? All in all really impressed with the time it took and outcome. Congrats on a great space! Jim
post #3 of 6 Old 11-28-2013, 06:56 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 63
Real slick. I dig it.
Do I spy a weimaraner?
post #4 of 6 Old 11-28-2013, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMEANS View Post

Hi Ho excellent job on your space !! Really slick man, digging the choice of colors and layout! Looks like everything fits perfect. Was just curious how wide the theater was and also the distance from wall behind screen to back wall by pool table? Thinking of any posters and such around the pool table walls? All in all really impressed with the time it took and outcome. Congrats on a great space! Jim

It's 14'9" wide in the theater section, full length is about 32.5'. It kind of freaks me out to have a powerful sub right next to the water expansion tank and control unit behind that false wall. That was another thing that I had to commit to when going over designs. I also had to plug a window that is next to the left side surround. 

I'm leaning towards a couple classic black and white 007 movie posters. Maybe along the lines of;

http://www.allposters.com/-sp/APCUK-Posters_i4857658_.htm

http://www.allposters.com/-sp/James-Bond-Aston-Martin-Posters_i4857616_.htm

http://www.allposters.com/-sp/James-Bond-Lady-Luck-Posters_i8730621_.htm

Rough sketch, can't remember how precice it turn out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcain View Post

Real slick. I dig it.
Do I spy a weimaraner?

That's my scrawny Great Dane Higgs, aka building inspector who uses 2x4s as chew toys, lol.

post #5 of 6 Old 11-29-2013, 05:42 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks Jem, on the plan specs, I thought your finished size looked similar to the space I have to work with. Mine is also around 15' wide but 27' long, however we are opting for a bar area where your pool table is so should work out great. Thx for sharing your pics and specs my man. One impressive use of space that definitely helps me wrap my head around the 'finished' possibilities of my project ahead! Really dig your choice of pics for the walls too! Jim
post #6 of 6 Old 11-29-2013, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMEANS View Post

Thanks Jem, on the plan specs, I thought your finished size looked similar to the space I have to work with. Mine is also around 15' wide but 27' long, however we are opting for a bar area where your pool table is so should work out great. Thx for sharing your pics and specs my man. One impressive use of space that definitely helps me wrap my head around the 'finished' possibilities of my project ahead! Really dig your choice of pics for the walls too! Jim

Yea that's plenty of space, I would just keep an eye on walkways. Only time mine feels cramped is when people are sitting at the bar and others are playing pool, which isn't a big deal.

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page