monitor for AV rack - handshake issues? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-27-2013, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Hello all,
I am looking to move my AV rack outside of my HT room and want to hook up a small monitor (21inch 1080p)for the rack so I can set things up remotely without having the projector on all the time.

Pre-emptively I am intetested to know if I am likely to experience any HDMI handshake issues if the monitor doesnt support the same features as the projector i.e. deep colour, 24p, 3D etc.

I dont want to power up and get ready to view using the TV then have the projector restricted to the same output settings as the TV.

I am running a Toshiba XE1 and Marantz UD5005 into a Marantz AV7005 and out to a JVC X95R.
I am aware that both HDMI outs won't function simultaneously, thats not a problem for me.

Should this be OK? Suggestions for small HDTV/Monitor?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-27-2013, 06:31 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 531
You shouldn't have a handshake issue if the TV is turned off and you want to fire up the projector, if you do you may want to get a TV that takes a composite input because your Marantz has a composite output that would be independent of the HDMI outputs. That way you could move the monitor to the equipment location when you are done with it in the theater and look at it when the projector is on.

I have a small monitor in my equipment rack that I have hooked up that way to my Denon. I also have my projector and a TV connected and there are no handshake issues when the TV is turned off
MikeyD360 likes this.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page