I am planning a home theater in a dedicated 22x15 feet room in the basement of my new house.
I have been advised the following-
1. Polk RTI A9 tower speakers (3 way, 500W, 90 d, 8 ohms)- Rs 99,000
2. Center Polk speaker 2 way 3 speakers 200 W 90 db 8 ohm center speaker CSI A6- Rs 28,000
3. Subwoofer Polk subwoofer Polk DSW PRO 660W1- Rs 40,000
4. Polk surround speakers bipolar 125 W, 89 d 8 ohms FXIA6- Rs 34,000
5. AV Receiver & sources- AV surround receiver 235 W x 7Ch 60 ohms Dolby True HD, DTS HD Denon AVRX-4000- Rs 120,000
6. Epson 3 D projector TW 8200- Rs 255,000
7. Projection screen 120 inches- Rs 35,500
Please can you advise me before I proceed further.
Your time is appreciated.
Have you thought at all about how to tame the poor acoustics of the room? You say it is a tile floor what about the walls, If they are hard surfaces your best imvestment will be to add soft surfaces.
Jeff, I have 3 walls which will be well padded on your suggestion.
Most speakers are available in India.
I would not e watching cable in this room.
This is a dedicated room for movies- Blu Ray, etc.
est wishes and thank you for your precious time.
Next if this room is mostly for blurays, you should do some reading on the merits of a 2.35:1 format screen. Historically screens have evolved. When HDTV came into vogue we all went to 16:9 now we try to accommodate the wide scope screen presentations. After you think about format you should consider whether you want an acoustically transparent screen so you can position speakers like a commercial theater, out of sight behind the screen for a clean look. Of you want everything on display sitting in front of the screen wall. You have the depth in your room for an acoustically transparent screen
Couple of examples: both 2.35:1 format screens
everything on display:
There is an acoustic reason for the behind the screen. If it is mounted below the screen it is close to the floor and you will get a lot of reflection off your tile floor this will affect sound quality. Being low the first row of seating may also block the second rows direct sound path, again not a good thing. I am believer in acoustically transparent screens and getting the center channel up in the middle of the screen.
|Polk Audio Rti A9 Floorstanding Speaker , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Polk Audio Csi A6 Center Channel Speaker , Polk Audio Dsw Pro 600 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer|
- Denon AVR-X4000 7.2-Channel 4KThe AVR-X4000 A/V receiver is packed with Denon technologies that deliver superior sound and...
1 ReviewMore on Denon AVR-X4000 7.2-Channel 4KPrice:
$1,299.00$1,299.00HP Wireless Mouse X4000 with LaserThe high-end design of the HP Wireless Mouse X4000 mimics the motion of a fast sports car. But the...
1 ReviewMore on HP Wireless Mouse X4000 with LaserPrice:
$29.99$11.68HP X4000b Bluetooth MouseIs it possible? Can a stationary mouse actually look like it's moving? It can now. The purposeful,...
1 ReviewMore on HP X4000b Bluetooth MousePrice:
$39.99Too low to display