New (First) Media Room - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-05-2014, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

We are about two weeks from moving into our new home that has a dedicated media room. After doing a little research, I have pulled the trigger on a number of purchases, but have been second guessing myself. The room is a little on the small side (I think) at 16 feet wide by 14 feet in length. There is a 5 foot step-up platform for the second row. This should put the distance for the second row at around 13 feet and the first row about 8-9 feet.

What I have purchased:

Projector: Epson 3020 

Screen: Screen Innovations - Performance 92" Fixed (16:9) 

My primary concern is that the 92 inch screen will be too large for the front row. Most of what I have read recommends 1.5 time the screen size and this is going to be more like 1.1 time the screen size. I guess my question is if anyone has setup this close and had issues? 

My other concern is with my equipment and watching sports (football and basketball). I was originally looking at purchasing the Sharp - AQUOS Quattron - 70" Class 1080p - 240Hz - Smart - 3D - HDTV. The reason I didn't go with that is that I really wanted the feel of the theater that I believe the projector will provide and I thought the 70" would be too small for the room, especially the second row. How much quality should I expect to lose going with the projector?

This is my first post, so please let me know if this isn't the right area for posting these questions.

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Epson V11h501020 Powerlite Home Cinema 3020 2d And 3d Home Theater Projector
Gear in this thread - V11h501020 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page