Multiple DVC Subwoofers Wiring Strategy - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-19-2014, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I'm looking at buying four SI HT18s and am trying to decide between the 2 or 4 ohm subs. Long story short, when building out a dedicated theater, would I want to run a channel per voice coil to the amp location, or would I want to daisy chain two subs on one channel, or make the decision now if I'm going to run them at 2 or 4 ohms, connect them on the driver as such and find an amp to run each sub on its own channel, therefore only requiring one cable to be pulled to the amp per sub.

It would appear that most people would connect four subs into a two channel pro amp, and generally aim for 2 ohms, however, if I pulled cable for both voice coils per sub, then I would still be able to run them on one channel each or shared between two and have greater flexibility, however it does feel like over kill. Just curious what others have done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-19-2014, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 296
If you get the D4's, then you can run each in parallel (the voice coils) for 2 ohm load, then 2 subs in series for 4 ohm load, then that is channel 1 for front, do same for channel 2 for rear.
Then, you can EQ the front and rear separate to a iNuke6000, those Si's rated at 600w RMS, a perfect match for the iNuke6000 like that.
(normally this Q would be in the DIY speaker section.....I saw it here so answered it)
post #3 of 3 Old 01-19-2014, 07:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Yeah, I was debating which section to put the question in, but then I thought it might be more a question about how or if I run two lines from each sub to the amp, and if people did that, but the more I look around the more it seems I don't need to waste time or money.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page