So pretty excited to have finally started my first HT build after waiting patiently for our new house to be handed over to us. While the room/space isn't a 'dedicated' cave style HT, it hopefully will satisfy our young family and better half and give us many years of FUN memories. I wanted to share this with the AVS community because your all passionate about this stuff and to both learn from feedback and help others with answering questions who may also be building or planning to build something similar.
A Picture paints a thousand words they say so I will be posting new pictures as the build continues.
1. Incorporate a HT into our 'sunken lounge'.
2. It must have daytime viewable content as it is not a light controlled space.
3. Fire would be a nice touch.
4. A lounge feel is wanted as opposed to a individual seating HT.
5. Don't want visual speakers everywhere or see equipment racking and the like.
6. Must have great sound as we all love music.
7. Must have 2.35 aspect for movies and 16:9 for normal widescreen TV.
A little bit of sketchup action to work in with equipment dimensions and get a bit of visual idea on paper instead of in my head...
The beginning of the 'Wall of Death', so I dubbed it because at times I think it may in fact kill me with stress...
All of the bricks used were 'left overs' from the house build.
After two days of bloody hard work, the sketchup came to life finally! Many thanks to my good mate Vanda for your mad brick laying skills...
That's it for the moment folks. I shall post more as I move into the second faze of the build. Next week I pick up all the new gear except for the 2.35 screen and the fire burner. Stay tuned, RZ.