Dream come true... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-23-2014, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have been into home theater since the 90's. Back then I had speakers attached to my bed with shoe strings. I have come a long way with this hobby. Today my wife and I signed a contract to build our first home. It will include a finished basement with a dedicated media room. It is surreal that I will finally have a dedicated room for this great hobby. I daydream about the possibilities all the time. I just wanted to tell someone how excited I am. biggrin.gif:D:D:D:D:D:D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-23-2014, 04:12 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oledurt View Post

I have been into home theater since the 90's. Back then I had speakers attached to my bed with shoe strings. I have come a long way with this hobby. Today my wife and I signed a contract to build our first home. It will include a finished basement with a dedicated media room. It is surreal that I will finally have a dedicated room for this great hobby. I daydream about the possibilities all the time. I just wanted to tell someone how excited I am. biggrin.gif:D:D:D:D:D:D
Sounds awesome. Congrats! Post lots of pics.

Casey
my site
post #3 of 4 Old 01-23-2014, 07:11 PM

Liked: 21
Yep that's awesome to have that opportunity. Hope you have plenty of time for planning so it's done right. Do you have an early list of components and/or direction you want to take? I hope to be where you are in a couple years.
post #4 of 4 Old 03-01-2014, 07:05 AM

Liked: 11

Congrats Casey!

If you're starting from scratch, then the sky's the limit. You seem handy so building your own dedicated speaker system and acoustic room treatments will save you some $$$ and help you achieve high end sound. I'd strongly recommend you consider having your basement dug a few feet deeper than average for a nice high ceiling. Also consider designing your room to allow you to build an Infinite Baffle sub system. ie., have a laundry or storage room on the other side of the front of your theater room. I'm also a convert to single full range driver sound, which also can save you money on speakers and amps if you have adequate space to build big cabinets. As soon as you have a floor plan and foundation measurements for your home, post it.  Read up on room acoustics so you can build your HT to golden proportions and have less issues with standing waves.

Have fun with your dream home! :D

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page