Reelwood 2014 Demo Disc including THX WOW! 1080p 6.1 dts-HD Master Audio - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 40Likes

post #61 of 257 Old 03-29-2014, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post

I have an Oppo BD player.. What equipment do I further need to play this demo?

Thanks!!

Jeff I'm able to play these ISO files thru my PS3 media server, does your Oppo have similar media server app??

Mike R,P.E. clickable DIY hot links:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 257 Old 03-29-2014, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdudex View Post

Jeff I'm able to play these ISO files thru my PS3 media server, does your Oppo have similar media server app??

How do you play these on your ps3? Do you have to do anything special to the file to get it to play on ps3?
post #63 of 257 Old 04-09-2014, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 55
aarrghhhh i have somehow managed to delete my original torrent from utorrent! i opened the torrent file that i created and pointed it at the folder where the files are, it checked it but its now proceeding to download the files again rather than seed my originals! eek.gif any ideas please? as im stumped! thanks confused.gif

Please Visit My 11.2 3D Home Cinema Shed 
 as featured in home cinema choice magazine! Check out my blu-ray THX WOW! demo disc
post #64 of 257 Old 04-09-2014, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjvader View Post

aarrghhhh i have somehow managed to delete my original torrent from utorrent! i opened the torrent file that i created and pointed it at the folder where the files are, it checked it but its now proceeding to download the files again rather than seed my originals! eek.gif any ideas please? as im stumped! thanks confused.gif

Did you move the files? if you moved the files to another folder or somewhere else Utorrent thinks that they are not downloaded. If you still have the files, just move them back to the directory where utorrent is expecting them. After you move or copy them utorrent will run a quick scan to verify the files and then it will go back to seeding.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

post #65 of 257 Old 04-09-2014, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post

Did you move the files? if you moved the files to another folder or somewhere else Utorrent thinks that they are not downloaded. If you still have the files, just move them back to the directory where utorrent is expecting them. After you move or copy them utorrent will run a quick scan to verify the files and then it will go back to seeding.

no its weird the files never moved, i deleted the torrent by accident reloaded it but it's insisting i re-download it even after i force checked it etc:mad: as nobody is leeching it at the moment is it ok if i make a new torrent file for it?

as featured in home cinema choice magazine! Check out my blu-ray THX WOW! demo disc
post #66 of 257 Old 04-09-2014, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

If you put the files back, and restarted the torrent and still wants to download, there is something different. The files need to be exactly the same otherwise "they're not the same" mad.gif

If you create a new torrent with the files that you have now, will be a different torrent, even if yo give it the same name. I won't work for what you're trying to do.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

post #67 of 257 Old 04-09-2014, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

i think i may have sussed it! i pointed it to the folder, when it should have been yhe folder/directory above rolleyes.gif will know for sure once its finished checking (it really is one of those days today redface.gif )

post #68 of 257 Old 04-09-2014, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

(it really is one of those days today redface.gif )

pjvader likes this.

post #69 of 257 Old 04-09-2014, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

its back seeding now
DOH!

post #70 of 257 Old 04-10-2014, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 777 Post(s)
Liked: 905
Okay, can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I really want to download this demo but every time I click on it my computer tries to open it with Notepad and I just simply get a crap load or text. I figured when I clicked on it my uTorrent would open the file but its not.
post #71 of 257 Old 04-10-2014, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
rename the file to .torrent - this forum doesn't allow that extension so it's faked by having .txt instead

JJ
post #72 of 257 Old 04-10-2014, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Ah okay, got it too work...lol
thx
post #73 of 257 Old 04-10-2014, 05:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Alright so what am I doing wrong now? I was able to get it downloaded but now of the clips have sound, just video without the audio. So what am I doing wrong now?
post #74 of 257 Old 04-10-2014, 06:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

Alright so what am I doing wrong now? I was able to get it downloaded but now of the clips have sound, just video without the audio. So what am I doing wrong now?

How are you playing it back? Burned? As a mounted disc image on a computer? What software are you playing it back with?

We've seen some simple and some more tricky issues with other demos around here, but we need a little more detail. To date the people following these demos have been able to help everyone get proper playback, so we will get you squared away.

- Nick Buol

post #75 of 257 Old 04-10-2014, 09:22 PM
AVS Special Member

I can't even download this file. No seeders
post #76 of 257 Old 04-10-2014, 09:23 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
anyone seeding? I'm getting zero frown.gif

XBL: BigMikeRich
PSN: BigMikeRich
post #77 of 257 Old 04-10-2014, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbuol View Post

How are you playing it back? Burned? As a mounted disc image on a computer? What software are you playing it back with?

We've seen some simple and some more tricky issues with other demos around here, but we need a little more detail. To date the people following these demos have been able to help everyone get proper playback, so we will get you squared away.

Forum member WarrenBerry stopped by and we got it working after downloading Media Player Classic. smile.gif
nickbuol likes this.
post #78 of 257 Old 04-11-2014, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bori View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRich View Post

anyone seeding? I'm getting zero frown.gif

Quote:

im still seeding it cut off a few hours ago(had to reboot) its seeding to about 40 people at them moment! there are 2 seeders atm (im one, thanks to the other!)

post #79 of 257 Old 04-11-2014, 04:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Everytime I try to download with utorrent it shows no seeders.
post #80 of 257 Old 04-12-2014, 07:01 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I have had the same problem for weeks now - just says connecting to peers
post #81 of 257 Old 04-12-2014, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Everytime I try to download with utorrent it shows no seeders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhamp View Post

I have had the same problem for weeks now - just says connecting to peers

i don't know whats happening it's def uploading to somewhere/one by the looks of the flags it's currently going to 2 americans and 2 australians have you tried deleting the torrent and starting from scratch? im not 100% as to how it works but it must be working somehow as people have grabbed it

post #82 of 257 Old 04-12-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:

i don't know whats happening it's def uploading to somewhere/one by the looks of the flags it's currently going to 2 americans and 2 australians have you tried deleting the torrent and starting from scratch? im not 100% as to how it works but it must be working somehow as people have grabbed it

Yeah, I don't get it. I know its worked for others - I have stopped, started, removed it and restarted - re-downloaded the file all with no joy. Its looks like a cool disk and I really wanted to get it. I have downloaded other torrents from here with no problem like the best of disk, ultimate bass, etc. They just kicked right in and started downloading. I am on comcast - don't know if that has something to do with it.
post #83 of 257 Old 04-12-2014, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

^^^

Utorrent has a tool to check that your port is open and that you are actually connecting out/in. Run the tool and see what you get. Most likely your port is closed. If you know how to access your router do so and manually open the port.

post #84 of 257 Old 04-12-2014, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

I downloaded the ISO files for the ultimate bass demo no issues.
post #85 of 257 Old 04-12-2014, 03:58 PM

]
Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post

^^^

Utorrent has a tool to check that your port is open and that you are actually connecting out/in. Run the tool and see what you get. Most likely your port is closed. If you know how to access your router do so and manually open the port.

Looks like I dont have a forwarding port open, is that necessary for this torrent? It says I can download and other torrents have worked, but I know this one is different

post #86 of 257 Old 04-12-2014, 11:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhamp View Post

]
Looks like I dont have a forwarding port open, is that necessary for this torrent? It says I can download and other torrents have worked, but I know this one is different

Just ran the test all ports are open and correctly configured. I am still not able to download it. It doesnt start at all. I am from chicago too maybe thats the issue?
post #87 of 257 Old 04-13-2014, 05:41 AM

Liked: 10
Those of you having trouble with the torrent starting make sure you have DHT enabled. I'm guessing since the torrent isn't hosted on a tracker that it needs DHT to find peers.
post #88 of 257 Old 04-13-2014, 08:13 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Looks like no one is seeding.

post #89 of 257 Old 04-13-2014, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cksqurd View Post

Looks like no one is seeding.

im still seeding! my pc never stops, its seeding 24/7 full bandiwidth enabled on my poor old 120mb line (at one point it was upping at 20mb)
it's currently connected to someone possibly in australia
i will try whatever i can to fix it but i don't know what else to try? initial seeding?

post #90 of 257 Old 04-13-2014, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizbang View Post

Those of you having trouble with the torrent starting make sure you have DHT enabled. I'm guessing since the torrent isn't hosted on a tracker that it needs DHT to find peers.

How do u enable it?
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page