New House, advice on room layout - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-06-2014, 11:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello!

I'm closing on my first house on the 27th and I couldn't be happier to be leaving my apartment. So, naturally, it's time to start making plans for the theater area. I was hoping while looking for houses to find a place that could support a fixed screen in the basement. Unfortunately, the house that we liked the best is a split level, and has a layout that I believe wont allow for it, as there windows on either side. Here are a few pictures...

As you can see it's not the biggest space, as it gets narrower on one side but i'm trying to accommodate the soon to be wife. I'm thinking my options are left to a flat panel, either mounted or on a stand, or a pull down/motorized screen for a projector. Light won't be a problem as i'll be blocking the windows with heavy drapes to block lighting, but any opinions on what options you guys think is best are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.smile.gif

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-08-2014, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter

Also, as far as seating goes i'm trying to weigh my options. Ill settle for one row, but do you think there is any way to squeeze a second row into the back with the duct being where it is? I'm thinking if I would put the projector in front of the duct, and the first row of seats right under it, that I could probably fit a riser behind it without causing any viewing problems while everyone is seated. Any thoughts on this?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-06-2014, 02:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 80
What are the dimensions of the room? Are you able to draw a scale top down view? There are definitely options for you... I'm surprised no one has responded sooner.

Jonny 5

post #4 of 5 Old 08-06-2014, 02:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny5nz View Post
What are the dimensions of the room? Are you able to draw a scale top down view? There are definitely options for you... I'm surprised no one has responded sooner.
Hey man, thanks for the response! I actually ended up getting it figured out and am probably a week out to being "complete" with the build. I have a forum up now.

Columbus, Ohio Build

post #5 of 5 Old 08-06-2014, 02:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 80
I just found it and read it. Nice job. I like the colour scheme. Reminds me of The Savoy colouring.

Jonny 5

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page