AVS Forum banner

The Brown Family Theater

390 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  design1stcode2nd 
#1 ·
Long time lurker...first time poster! I've been wanting/waiting to build a home theater in my mother in law suite and it is finally going to be empty in 2 weeks!!! The room is 15'x12'x8'. I have a layout that I would love someone to draw out for me if possible? Let me know if someone can and I can get the measurements as I would love to show the wife that it can look good when it is done.

I guess I'm going to have a lot of questions, but to get started will be how many seats can I fit in there? Can I do 2 rows? 4 in back, 3 in front?

Thanks!
Josh

#3 ·
Well you can fit them although it's not ideal.

OP if you want to see a 12'x15' room with two rows have a look at my build. I can take a picture of the compromises. The back row can recline just not fully (except for the two outbound seats in the back row of mine). If you have a family of 6+ footers I wouldn't do it.

Also unless you offset the first row to one side you won't be able to get 3 recliners in the first row with any room to get to the back comfortably. Well, you may be able to but they would need to be narrow recliners and you'd need in wall speakers for your surrounds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.