Newby wanting acoustical treatment
I have a family room that I use for my HT room (please see attached layout) and I would like to add some acoustical treatment.
My room is setup as follows:
- The West wall contains:
- Projector screen (120")
- A/V rack to store my components is centered along this wall, with my B&W CMC2 centered on the rack
- From South to North on this wall - B&W CM9 > SVS PB13 Ultra > A/V Rack > SVS PB12 Plus > B&W CM9
- CM9's are toed in to my main listening position
- The South wall contains
- Left Side Surround B&W CM5 is wall mounted 11 feet 8 inches from the West wall, and are angled and tilted towards the main listening position
- The North wall contains
- Right Side Surround B&W CM5 is wall mounted 11 feet 8 inches from the West wall, and are angled and tilted towards the main listening position
- The East wall has a large window with a blackout cellular shade
- The main listening position is 16' from the West wall, centered on the West wall.
With this room configuration, what would be the recommended acoustic treatment solution? How many of each types of panels (diffusion, absorption, bass traps) do I need? Where is the best location for placement? What's the recommended place to buy these from? Estimated cost?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Samsung TV - PN59D8000 - wall mounted
HW50ES projector w/electric Elite 120" ceiling mounted screen (drops in front of plasma)
Receiver - Yamaha RX-A3000
Front Speakers - B&W CM9, Center - B&W CMC2, Surrounds - B&W CM5
SVS PB12+, SVS PB13 Ultra