54Likes

post #31 of 211 Old 08-01-2014, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by bori View Post
I don't get what I am doing wrong. When I view the video all I get is 2d video not 3d. I tried it on my ps3 and LG.
I had the same issue, here is what fixed it:
Re-run the HDMI settings and select Automatic.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 211 Old 08-01-2014, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 218
If you are going through a receiver. PS3 > Receiver > 3D TV. Your receiver must be HDMI 1.3 of higher otherwise you need to go from the ps3 directly to the 3D TV.

If you have a PS4 you are SOL, the PS4 does not support 3D bluray.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #33 of 211 Old 08-01-2014, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post
If you are going through a receiver. PS3 > Receiver > 3D TV. Your receiver must be HDMI 1.3 of higher otherwise you need to go from the ps3 directly to the 3D TV.

If you have a PS4 you are SOL, the PS4 does not support 3D bluray.

I have the ps3 directly connected to my 3d projector. All other 3d movies play fine.
post #34 of 211 Old 08-01-2014, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 436 Post(s)
Liked: 677
PS4 recently started supporting 3d through a firmware update I thought?

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"

post #35 of 211 Old 08-02-2014, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 55
sorry i didn't know anyone had replied! (i thought it would let me know automaticaly but clearly not!)
i will add a torrent asap but i just got a 3d clip from guardians of the galaxy and i'm working on a better cap 2 clip so i'll update the disc accordingly
glad people are enjoying it it's taken along time to get to this point
Archaea likes this.

Please Visit My 11.2 3D Home Cinema Shed 
 as featured in home cinema choice magazine! Check out my blu-ray THX WOW! demo disc
post #36 of 211 Old 08-02-2014, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjvader View Post
sorry i didn't know anyone had replied! (i thought it would let me know automaticaly but clearly not!)
i will add a torrent asap but i just got a 3d clip from guardians of the galaxy and i'm working on a better cap 2 clip so i'll update the disc accordingly
glad people are enjoying it it's taken along time to get to this point
Thanks, I signed up and tried the Mega link but it keeps crashing or getting interrupted.

Maybe the torrent will help. I'm going to use in on a USB stick with my Oppo103d since I don't have a BD burner.
post #37 of 211 Old 08-02-2014, 02:47 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluer101 View Post
Thanks, I signed up and tried the Mega link but it keeps crashing or getting interrupted.

Maybe the torrent will help. I'm going to use in on a USB stick with my Oppo103d since I don't have a BD burner.
I had multiple failures on three different computers using chrome. I installed the latest version of firefox on my oldest laptop and it worked on the first try.
post #38 of 211 Old 08-03-2014, 05:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanks for the incredible amount of work you have put into this. I can't even begin to calculate all the people that will now enjoy this as a 3D demo. Any chance of a newsgroup release after torrent?
pjvader likes this.
post #39 of 211 Old 08-03-2014, 06:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
PS4 recently started supporting 3d through a firmware update I thought?
To my surprise the ps4 now supports 3d BD. I'm not sure if it was the very last firmware update or the one before it, but it had to be very recently.

Just re-watched gravity 3d but this time using the PS4.

Thanks for the head up Archaea.
pjvader likes this.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

post #40 of 211 Old 08-03-2014, 08:22 AM
AVS Special Member

What app are you guys using to burn to disc? Is not an image file so how do you use image burn?
post #41 of 211 Old 08-03-2014, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 29
When I started downloading it on MEGA when it was first posted I too had problems on my MBP as it would stall at around 8%. I went to my PC and downloaded it as a ZIP file and it went through fine in about 2hrs.

I just put it on a USB and plugged it in into my Oppo 105 and works like a charm. Thanks again pjvader!
pjvader likes this.
post #42 of 211 Old 08-03-2014, 06:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
What app are you guys using to burn to disc? Is not an image file so how do you use image burn?
ImgBurn can burn pretty much any format, it is not only for ISO/IMG files. You can choose to burn the actual folder structure, just make sure you choose UDF 2.5

There are several "how-to", or you could look for a youtube tutorial.

post #43 of 211 Old 08-05-2014, 03:29 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post
ImgBurn can burn pretty much any format, it is not only for ISO/IMG files. You can choose to burn the actual folder structure, just make sure you choose UDF 2.5

There are several "how-to", or you could look for a youtube tutorial.
I successfully made 2 coasters trying to burn this. It won't play in my Panasonic or my LG. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've never created a BR with ImgBurn using folder structure before but I looked at a couple tutorials online and it seemed pretty straightforward. The disc will play in my computer (in 2D) using VLC. Any ideas? Thanks.
post #44 of 211 Old 08-05-2014, 11:54 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 13
When you give the folder into Imgburn it automatically recognizes that you're tring to burn a blu-ray disk and
tells you that it needs UDF 2.5 and ask if you want imgburn to set that for you. Click yes and that's pretty much it.
post #45 of 211 Old 08-05-2014, 12:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Yeha, I tried downloading it as well, and it kept stopping. I am using Chrome. A torrent would probably be the best I think.
post #46 of 211 Old 08-05-2014, 12:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Need a torrent link, please.

Also, instructions for a Mac using TOAST, though I think I might be able to figure it out.
post #47 of 211 Old 08-05-2014, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

torrent will be asap just adding a few more clips, and adjusting a few previous ones (i lost some of my master files along the way!) shouldnt be too long i'm going as fast as my pc allows

as featured in home cinema choice magazine! Check out my blu-ray THX WOW! demo disc
post #48 of 211 Old 08-05-2014, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Quote:
torrent will be asap just adding a few more clips, and adjusting a few previous ones (i lost some of my master files along the way!) shouldnt be too long i'm going as fast as my pc allows
Great!

I tried safari, chrome and Firefox on a Mac and could not get it downloaded. Tried IE on a laptop with no luck either.
post #49 of 211 Old 08-06-2014, 04:18 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
1st thx for this great demo... no words man....

Does anyone knows a way that i can see this without burning it? i mean i dont have a burner...
My tv is a LG 55UB950v and i got a Samsung BD-H6500... also a PC with XBMC and i have in it PowerDVD but i never had sucsess playing a 3D movie with it...
pjvader likes this.
post #50 of 211 Old 08-06-2014, 05:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Was the torrent ever posted?
post #51 of 211 Old 08-06-2014, 08:18 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChris View Post

Does anyone knows a way that i can see this without burning it? i mean i dont have a burner...
My tv is a LG 55UB950v and i got a Samsung BD-H6500... also a PC with XBMC and i have in it PowerDVD but i never had sucsess playing a 3D movie with it...
You can try coping the BDMV folder into an empty USB drive and plug that into your 3D blu-ray
player or TV directly to if they can recognize it.
post #52 of 211 Old 08-06-2014, 08:54 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChris View Post

Does your LG TV have a Plex app? Or maybe your Samsung player? My Samsung smart TV has the Plex app. I just added the folder to my Plex library. The only down side is I don't have any menus. Just one continuous two hour film.
post #53 of 211 Old 08-06-2014, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein View Post
Was the torrent ever posted?
Not yet. See post below.

Quote:
pjvader likes this.
post #54 of 211 Old 08-06-2014, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbatc View Post
Does your LG TV have a Plex app? Or maybe your Samsung player? My Samsung smart TV has the Plex app. I just added the folder to my Plex library. The only down side is I don't have any menus. Just one continuous two hour film.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbatc View Post
Thank you both. Now i saw your replies.. in the mean time i passed it with MakeMKV and then with TSMuxer to save it as .m2ts and its ok now.. i got 1 big file but Samsung bluray plays it fine... i will try the Plex solution though..

Thx again.
post #55 of 211 Old 08-06-2014, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Are you getting hi-def audio? I had better luck going from m2ts to tsmuxer to a bd folder, which creates bdmv and certificate folders.

Downloadable FREE demo discs:

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
post #56 of 211 Old 08-06-2014, 07:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Can someone help me out here. How does this video show when playing it on you BD player? Does it automatically change to frame packing? Or is it SBS or Top to bottom? Then you have to manually change ur tv to 3d? Cause I get regular 2d video displaying 3d video.
post #57 of 211 Old 08-07-2014, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View Post
Are you getting hi-def audio? I had better luck going from m2ts to tsmuxer to a bd folder, which creates bdmv and certificate folders.
I will see that tonight when i get home from work...
post #58 of 211 Old 08-07-2014, 04:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Can someone help me out here. How does this video show when playing it on you BD player? Does it automatically change to frame packing? Or is it SBS or Top to bottom? Then you have to manually change ur tv to 3d? Cause I get regular 2d video displaying 3d video.
it should just play like a normal 3d-bd what player are you using?

post #59 of 211 Old 08-07-2014, 06:48 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Can someone test this disc using Playstation 4?

The one I burned jumps to menu after play, but these seem to work fine on PS3.
post #60 of 211 Old 08-07-2014, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
it should just play like a normal 3d-bd what player are you using?
Ps3
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page