54Likes

post #181 of 211 Old 08-14-2014, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX1992 View Post
I burned the disc with Imageburn (use the BMW file and drag over, not iso). Everything worked on PS3 and Oppo player. I was going to ask for cover but then noticed you have made one real nice in your first post. I have most of the movies and watching the clips made me want to watch my movies again. Thanks for the great job.
thanks

Please Visit My 11.2 3D Home Cinema Shed 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 as featured in home cinema choice magazine! Check out my blu-ray THX WOW! demo disc
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 211 Old 08-14-2014, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radikus View Post
So anyone tested the new version on PS4?
went to test it and my ps4 controller is totally dead won't even charge from the console gonna try some extreme measures

as featured in home cinema choice magazine! Check out my blu-ray THX WOW! demo disc
post #183 of 211 Old 08-14-2014, 06:21 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 41
mucho apologies to whoever I dumped tonight when I turned off the torrent client - had to go to bed

post #184 of 211 Old 08-14-2014, 10:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Started watching this BD demo. Awesome work.
pjvader likes this.
post #185 of 211 Old 08-15-2014, 01:37 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Thanks for this awesome 3D disc pjvader
Good job.
pjvader likes this.
post #186 of 211 Old 08-15-2014, 05:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Just started the download. Don't have a 3D display but am planning to pick up an Epson 5030UB next month and I'll has teh 3Dz then.

Op, did you do this in Scenarist or is there now a more consumer level authoring platform that'll maintain the HD audio?
pjvader likes this.

"The Scuba Tank" thread

PSN/XBL : ScubaSteve2365
post #187 of 211 Old 08-15-2014, 05:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 View Post
Just started the download. Don't have a 3D display but am planning to pick up an Epson 5030UB next month and I'll has teh 3Dz then.

Op, did you do this in Scenarist or is there now a more consumer level authoring platform that'll maintain the HD audio?
If you have an HTPC, TMT will play 3D files in 2D mode.
His disc DOESN'T maintain the HD audio.
Have fun with the pj.
pjvader likes this.

Downloadable FREE demo discs:

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
post #188 of 211 Old 08-15-2014, 08:13 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

Good question about how to maintain HD audio.. I like to know the answer too
pjvader likes this.
post #189 of 211 Old 08-15-2014, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

It's a 3d demo. I am ok with just the DTS. More clips is better in my opinion.
pjvader and ippodrome like this.
post #190 of 211 Old 08-15-2014, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

with regards to keeping the HD audio it does seem that as of now scenarist is the only way, i spent probably 3 months trying to get clips into scenarist (even with the help of superleo) but i ended up with zilch! i see this disc as more of a visual treat and my 2d disc as more of an audio treat I really wish i could have got it sorted as i'm a big HD audio advocate! but it was not to be (this time around)
having said that it does sound awesome if i do say so myself i've played the disc on a 119" screen with 13.4 surround and it kicks butt!

post #191 of 211 Old 08-15-2014, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjvader View Post
with regards to keeping the HD audio it does seem that as of now scenarist is the only way, i spent probably 3 months trying to get clips into scenarist (even with the help of superleo) but i ended up with zilch! i see this disc as more of a visual treat and my 2d disc as more of an audio treat I really wish i could have got it sorted as i'm a big HD audio advocate! but it was not to be (this time around)
having said that it does sound awesome if i do say so myself i've played the disc on a 119" screen with 13.4 surround and it kicks butt!
I agree totally it's a visual treat so HD audio is not mandatory.
post #192 of 211 Old 08-15-2014, 08:35 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I agree too about this being for 3D visuals. Was only qurious as to know if we can preserve audio.
pjvader likes this.
post #193 of 211 Old 08-17-2014, 02:46 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
anyone get this to work with AVCHD? I tried dragging the BDMV folder into AVCHD like I did with the 2D Reelwood demo and the Reference2.0 demo but no dice with the 3D download. AVCHD doesn't attempt to do anything with it.
post #194 of 211 Old 08-17-2014, 03:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Just burnt the disc and watched a few clips. Excellent work! THANKS again!

For those who has problem or not clear as to how to burn it. This is what I did. (P.S. I'm using Mac, but use Parallels for Windows to download & burn)

- In the download folder, I too only has a BDMV folder.

- I created an empty CERTIFICATE folder along aide of the BDMV folder (NOT inside!)

- So it'll look like Download --> 2 folders, a BDMV AND a CERTIFICATE.

- Use ImgBurn

- Add both BDMV & CERTIFICATE folders

- It should/might ask if you are trying to burn a Bluray disc, answer Yes. This will set the correct file format (UDF2.5, etc.) for you.

- Just burn and enjoy.

- For those who has problem of seeing 2D only, it will be the handshake problem of YOUR devices! Try to change the power up order of your devices, most of time it'll help. Like turn on the Bluray player first, then AVR, then TV/Projector, etc.

- I tried the disc in my Living Room's Panasonic + Sharp TV, it plays in 3D right away. When I tried it in my HT, it only plays in 2D mode! I change the power up order and it plays fine in 3D now.

Hope this helps.

pjvader likes this.

~ Gary

)

post #195 of 211 Old 08-19-2014, 10:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Subscribed
pjvader likes this.
post #196 of 211 Old 08-19-2014, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Love the 3d demo disc. Finished watching it today. Nothing better than a bunch of hot Asian women in 3D!😈😈
pjvader likes this.
post #197 of 211 Old 08-20-2014, 07:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Burned disc and it works. This is a really great thing and thanks for all your hard work!

FEEDBACK IF YOU DO ANOTHER VERSION
1 - LOVE having the Play All feature that we can just skip fwd and back through
2 - would it be possible to put all the 'scope scenes in a row ? I love switching to 'scope, but switching back and forth every few scenes is a bit of a drag
3 - can you pack as many scene titles on the scene-selection page ? Even if you have to use a simpler font. There was some authoring issue on the scene selection page as it would go black every now and then and cause 3D flicker (maybe there is some extra null footage at the end of the loop?)

oh - and pretty swish opening menu ! :-D

Great job - thanks again.
pjvader likes this.

... Andy

post #198 of 211 Old 08-20-2014, 07:27 PM

my successful burn:
  • WIndows 7
  • ImgBurn
  • Drag BDMV folder onto ImgBurn and create a disc image
    • it should say "looks like a blu ray .. etc"
    • I did not create the Certificate folder
  • then burn bluray disc from image
dat's it.

Before i did the burn i played the files from my htpc and they looked 2D, but the disc worked great.

Cheers

... Andy

post #199 of 211 Old 08-21-2014, 02:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymo View Post
Burned disc and it works. This is a really great thing and thanks for all your hard work!

FEEDBACK IF YOU DO ANOTHER VERSION
1 - LOVE having the Play All feature that we can just skip fwd and back through
2 - would it be possible to put all the 'scope scenes in a row ? I love switching to 'scope, but switching back and forth every few scenes is a bit of a drag
3 - can you pack as many scene titles on the scene-selection page ? Even if you have to use a simpler font. There was some authoring issue on the scene selection page as it would go black every now and then and cause 3D flicker (maybe there is some extra null footage at the end of the loop?)

oh - and pretty swish opening menu ! :-D

Great job - thanks again.
thank you i'm sure there will be a volume 2.0 at some point (i know there are a few shots from guardians of the galaxy that i would love to include on a future release!)
i never even thought of scope! that will be sorted for the next release and i have just rejigged the playlist for the new 2d demo disc Reelwood 2014 Demo Disc including THX WOW! 1080p 6.1 dts-HD Master Audio
as for the chapters i don't think it allows anymore on a page, i will have to check on that, it does seem a bit wonky through the authoring on them you wouldn't believe how many times i rendered it to get one that works! (and that is only on the players i have to hand)
glad you enjoy it thx for the feedback

post #200 of 211 Old 08-21-2014, 07:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Downloaded yesterday. Used Imgburn to first create an ISO file, then burned a test copy of the ISO file to a BD-RW. Imgburn came back with some errors during the verification stage, but the disc still seemed to play fine in my Sony BDP-S6200.

Very nice work, pjvader!!!

I have several of the other demo discs that are out there, but a 3D demo disc was definitely needed. Thanks so much!!!
pjvader likes this.
post #201 of 211 Old 08-23-2014, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Got my 5030UB last night and this is the first thing I popped in. I usually use my popcorn hour for Bluray files but it doesn't do 3d. I burned it into an BDRE that I had (that had the version 2 of my demo disc on it) and popped it into the PS4.

The disc kept crashing in the PS4 at the disc's main menu. Once I got to the scene selection menu but it then crashed again.

Popped the disc into a PS3 and it played just fine.

Anyone play this on PS4. I don't have any other 3D blurays at the moment to try. I'm hoping the PS4 will be my primary Blu-ray Disc player based on the fact it can do TrueHD in 3D mode (even though that doesn't matter for this disc).
post #202 of 211 Old 08-23-2014, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Got my 5030UB last night and this is the first thing I popped in. I usually use my popcorn hour for Bluray files but it doesn't do 3d. I burned it into an BDRE that I had (that had the version 2 of my demo disc on it) and popped it into the PS4.

The disc kept crashing in the PS4 at the disc's main menu. Once I got to the scene selection menu but it then crashed again.

Anyone play this on PS4. I don't have any other 3D blurays at the moment to try. I'm hoping the PS4 will be my primary Blu-ray Disc player based on the fact it can do TrueHD in 3D mode (even though that doesn't matter for this disc).
i'm still waiting for a new controller to be sent to me, went to test it on the ps4 and my controller was completley dead! crazy how you can't work it (even for blu's) without one

post #203 of 211 Old 08-23-2014, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked: 431
Quote:

I tried this in the PS4 and the same thing happened to me. Works fine in my blu ray player. Going to test it out on the XB1 to see how that does.

Edit - Tried this on the XB1 and it gives me an error saying that it can't read the disc. I then again tried it on my Blu Ray player just to make sure and it worked just fine. Not sure of the issue.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -

Last edited by emartins; 08-23-2014 at 06:39 PM.
post #204 of 211 Old 08-24-2014, 04:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post
Edit - Tried this on the XB1 and it gives me an error saying that it can't read the disc. I then again tried it on my Blu Ray player just to make sure and it worked just fine. Not sure of the issue.
every time I hear something like this I feel more and more justified about my decision to sell mine. XB1 could have been a game changer in video game consoles. Instead, it's just a broken mess.

post #205 of 211 Old 08-24-2014, 06:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock3x8 View Post
every time I hear something like this I feel more and more justified about my decision to sell mine. XB1 could have been a game changer in video game consoles. Instead, it's just a broken mess.

To be fair the PS4 had the same issue. It would read the disc but the system would then crash. The first time I got the blue error screen and on the second try the PS4 just froze on the dashboard while trying to read the disc.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
post #206 of 211 Old 08-24-2014, 06:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post
To be fair the PS4 had the same issue. It would read the disc but the system would then crash. The first time I got the blue error screen and on the second try the PS4 just froze on the dashboard while trying to read the disc.
more judging against early adoption vs one side or the other. These things are such really powerful, there's just no excuse for the things they can't do or do poorly. That's just poor prep time on Sony and MS.
pjvader likes this.

post #207 of 211 Old 08-31-2014, 04:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I burned this disk last week but finally got to watch it today on my 5020. HUGE thumbs up! Thanks PJ!
pjvader likes this.

Buncha savages in this town....

Sam Posten
post #208 of 211 Old 08-31-2014, 06:48 PM

Liked: 1
I actually bought a blu-ray writer just to watch this. A big thank you for making it pjvader.
pjvader likes this.
post #209 of 211 Old 09-01-2014, 12:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by willms View Post
I actually bought a blu-ray writer just to watch this. A big thank you for making it pjvader.
wow that's dedicated!

post #210 of 211 Old 09-02-2014, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks for this awesome 3D disc pjvader. I've tested it on my VPL-VW1000ES 4K projector on 3.37m wide 16/9 screen and I enjoyed it ! Really good job ! I will always use it for 3D demos in my HT

Just for your advise, for a sequel, please do use most of the 3D clips in 16/9 image format as 3D is always better in this AR !

Cheers !

John

Home theater enthusiast for over 20 years !

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page