10x13 room Theater Setup - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-07-2014, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
10x13 room Theater Setup

I am buying a house soon and always wanted a home theater but the rooms in the house are on the small side. The room I would put it in is only 10x13. I was wondering if its at all possible to put a home theater in a room this size. What is the biggest screen I should get with such a small setup? What type of projector is good for a small room? I have about 1500 budget and I already have a surround sound system. I am new to this so any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2014, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Completely possible

Small Theater Build Threads

Dimensions are not multiples of a common number(good for acoustics). May be very difficult to accomodate two rows, but that will depend on size screen and personal preference. At almost 17' in length, I squeezed two rows with a 110" screen. Some find the front row too close, I don't... although I usually use the back row anyway(we are only three living in the house and there are 5 seats total).

Shouldn't need much power(lumens) in a small room but will also depend on light control and environment. I use an Optoma HD20, with a black shade on the window and dark walls.

Krakhen

Old 08-07-2014, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by krakhen View Post
Completely possible

Small Theater Build Threads

Dimensions are not multiples of a common number(good for acoustics). May be very difficult to accomodate two rows, but that will depend on size screen and personal preference. At almost 17' in length, I squeezed two rows with a 110" screen. Some find the front row too close, I don't... although I usually use the back row anyway(we are only three living in the house and there are 5 seats total).

Shouldn't need much power(lumens) in a small room but will also depend on light control and environment. I use an Optoma HD20, with a black shade on the window and dark walls.
Awesome thanks for the input. I will check out that thread!
Old 08-07-2014, 12:36 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmattxman View Post
I am buying a house soon and always wanted a home theater but the rooms in the house are on the small side. The room I would put it in is only 10x13. I was wondering if its at all possible to put a home theater in a room this size. What is the biggest screen I should get with such a small setup? What type of projector is good for a small room? I have about 1500 budget and I already have a surround sound system. I am new to this so any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated!
Check my build similar size.

Film noir theater

Gear in this thread - 10x13 by PriceGrabber.com