Hadiya Dedicated Home Theater (Need Your Experiences) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-12-2014, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hadiya Dedicated Home Theater (Need Your Experiences)

Hi All
My house is under construction now. and I have designed in the basement a dedicated home theater room.
the room is 7 meters deep by 5.4 meters wide and 3.5 meters high. one door opening and no windows in the room.
the room is in the basement, with 3 15 cm masonry walls 1 concrete wall and concrete floor and ceiling.
the two 7 meters walls separates the room from a kitchen on one side and a laundry room on the other side.
currently the design of the A/C duct system is sharing this room with another hallway.

i will be needing your help in
-what kind of sound proofing i will be needing?
-do i need to separate the A/C of this room? or is there a way to prevent the sound from moving through ducts?
- how high should the fake ceiling be?
- what equipment would be proper for such room?

the current plan is to layout the room as in the attached image.
the bottom wall where the screen is located is concrete, on the opposite wall a door in the middle.
please tell me what are your thoughts on this subject and if there is a better way to layout the room.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hadiya 3d seamless.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	209025  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-12-2014, 08:56 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 613
you are asking a lot of questions. A good thing. as far as soundproofing read the articles on the subject at Soundproofingcompany.com

Looking at your plan please don't construct your steps to the first row as drawn. You show it pie shaped and that means there is a part of the step where if you put your foot there it may slip off and you could injure yourself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PROJECTS:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 Old 08-13-2014, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thumbs up

thank you
the website was very helpful in understanding most of my concerns with regards to soundproofing.
I was worried about the HVAC ducts and how will they affect the sound transfer, but it seams that there are ways to overcome that without the need to separate the A/C for this room from the rest of the house.

I will take into consideration the change in the steps design.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
diy ht hometheater

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page