Screws/bolts for fitting a screen to the ceiling? - AVS Forum
Dedicated Theater Design & Construction > Screws/bolts for fitting a screen to the ceiling?
ymo1965's Avatar ymo1965 07:30 AM 08-16-2014
Hi Folks,

I will be moving home soon and hanging my 92" projector screen to the ceiling and was wondering what is the best way to secure to joists (the screen is 7kg in weight).
I live in the uk and not sure what to buy to solve this.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also, would securing this screen be ok fitted to 2 joists only without using extra timber fitted. I am a DIY noob

Huge thanks,

hotpepper007 07:42 AM 08-16-2014
I hung a screen from my joist in my basement once. I screwed 2 J bolts into the joist' you have to use a hammer to turn them because it is to hard with the hand. Drill a smaller pilot hole first for all bolts' Then screwed in 2 eye bolts into top of screen frame. Then just lifted each end and place the eye bolt over the j bolt' the J bolts look like a J or meat hook. Very simple and strong. Also cheap. Not even $5 for the 4 bolts
ymo1965's Avatar ymo1965 10:05 AM 08-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpepper007 View Post
I hung a screen from my joist in my basement once. I screwed 2 J bolts into the joist' you have to use a hammer to turn them because it is to hard with the hand. Drill a smaller pilot hole first for all bolts' Then screwed in 2 eye bolts into top of screen frame. Then just lifted each end and place the eye bolt over the j bolt' the J bolts look like a J or meat hook. Very simple and strong. Also cheap. Not even $5 for the 4 bolts
To be honest I didn't plan on hanging it from the ceiling really but appreciate your reply and will keep it in mind as an option. Thanks
Up
Mobile  Desktop