Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-16-2014, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
A/V & Network Closet & Room Design Suggestions

My lack of creativity needs a spark.

I need some help with furniture layout and A/V Component Closet build ideas.

Here is the layout of my new Office/Media Room.

From this perspective, the little alcove on the bottom left is where I am going to house all of my A/V equipment.

Here are two images of the unfinished room:

The room will have some sort of seating (yet to purchase), a 60" TV mounted to the wall, a 7.1 speaker system (I will add to my Energy Take Classic 5.1), and an L Shaped desk with two monitors and a desktop PC.

Here is an idea of how I may layout the furniture:

Any suggestions on furniture layout are much appreciated. I currently have an L Shaped desk I planned on moving to this room, but could always buy a new desk to fit the situation better. The couch could be smaller than the one shown here as well. I do plan on having two floor standing speakers next to the TV, so the desk being in that spot may create some difficulty.

The items I will have for the closet include:

24 Port Patch Panel
24 Port Gigabit Network Switch
Onkyo Receiver
Xbox One
FiOS Cable Modem
FiOS Cable Box
Raspberry Pi
Slingbox
Network Attached Storage Server (Enclosed in a large tower chasis)

The wires hanging down are the beginning of my Cat6 wiring done through the attic throughout the house to other rooms so they can read off of the NAS. There are currently 6, but this will likely double in the coming week.

I was thinking of mounting the Patch Panel and Switch on the wall that is 2'10" to something like this:

Then I would put some sort of basic shelving directly below and sit the rest of the components on there.

Does anyone have any creative ideas for building this closet? Should I just get a taller server rack, mount it to the floor and put the other components on slide out shelves?

I look forward to hearing from the community. My lack of creativity could use a boost!

Last edited by CGHitman14; 08-16-2014 at 03:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-17-2014, 06:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Any thoughts about mounting the tv somewhere different on that wall? It will need to be on that wall so it's close to the closet, but it could potentially move left or right. It's not centered on the wall, but rather centered for the length of the room.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page