AVS Forum banner

Outlets on velvet covered panels

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  BIGmouthinDC 
#1 ·
My screen wall consists of removable velvet-covered panels. What is the best way to run cables/speaker wire through them,also, how to attach an electrical outlet to it and still be removable?
Thanks

#9 ·
I've worked on one Fabrimate theater a couple years back and countless wood frame theaters since then. My skill level is such that I have more control over the fabric on wood frames which is important with fabric with distinct patterns which must be straight. (Swizzle stick). Not all wood frames are removable some are wood furring glued and nailed/screwed to the wall, Staples hid by columns and molding.

I think there are some talented guys using plastic track, any one local who wants help with plastic track I would volunteer for a day to gain more experience.

#11 ·
I plan on getting the same boxes in the wall and cutting out the back of it, and drilling the box hole all the way through so i can affix the first box to the second. seal with silicon, extra long screws, and voila! flush boxes without fear of fire hazard, at least it works that way in my head. i'll report with results when i get there.

#12 ·
or use these and mount the outlet flush with the fabric face resting on the portal framing, it will make the removal of the panel more time consuming but it is still removable. You will need to pick up some extra long 6-32 screws, two inches if the the frames are 1 1/2 thick or less.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.