Conference Room Build - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 1 Old 08-21-2014, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Conference Room Build

Mods I was uncertain as to the best place to post this. Feel free to move, thanks

My work is expanding and building a new building.

They have asked me to help with the conference room design/integration.

I would like to get feedback from community.

I do plan to document the build to the best of my ability.
At this time we have no finalized room dimensions or layouts.

If you would please go through the list below of requests and LMK your thoughts on products and ideas.

The goal is to impress and wow, but on a budget...
I am to present a budget next week (which is very difficult not knowing all desired goals room layout)
They will either approve or deny.

4 TVs with the following abilities to display a different feed on each TV, to display the same feed on each TV or to expand a single feed to cover all four TVs. They want these stacked like a rectangle and a seamless border wall mounted.

Projector (Again I do not know room dimensions at this time I assume it will be a windowless room and I will fight for dimmable can lighting) I know they want 1080P for non work related activities...

Desktop capable of Solidworks (looking at building I7, 16gb ram, nvidea graphics, etc ~1000$)

Connections spread out on the desk to power laptops, plug into internet or to connect to tv/projectors

PA system/sound system

Conference phone

Wiring RG6, Cat6, HDMI, electrical, etc.

They request the room be dummy proof. They want some kind of tablet no matter what and they want it to be as simple as open an app and push go to make everything turn on and setup for a meeting...

We will have an outside test tank they want to be able to watch live feed from the test tank while in the conference room with customers.

To add to the above they want customers to be able to view our live feed and communicate with us via camera in the conference room from a remote location.
(This is where it is beyond me) Have a customer login and remote view (remaining at his/her place) our camera feed of a testing station outside while communicating with us sitting in the conference room.

Should I look into an automation device like control4 or can this be done cheaper without any such technology.
Can I have a user friendly tablet connected to a matrix do what they are wanting?
An example testing cameras 1-4 on TVs 1-4 and presentation on projector.

What are some realistic numbers and products or just advice.

I will update this as more info is available.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

conference room build

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page