Middle Atlantic SRSR: DL380? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-29-2014, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Middle Atlantic SRSR: DL380?

Will a MA SRSR-4-xx rack mount an HP DL-380? The rail kit requires both front and rear anchoring to the rack. Didn't think the MA was made for that?

Thanks

-klb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-30-2014, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 360
No, I don't think so. The DL380 will be deeper than the rack, and while I believe the rack rails will allow for the unit to extend beyond the back of the rack (I can check on Tuesday), that won't be a viable solution. When pulled out, you wouldn't have enough clearance to rotate the rack with the server sticking ~5" beyond the back. And worse, the mounting depth would have to account for that extra space behind the rack (and all the cabling).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 Old 08-30-2014, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
That is good info, thanks. Well I'll have to come up with another solution. Are you aware of any other vendors server equipment that I could mount in this rack? I've seen rack mount ATX cases online but I need RAID and don't really want to build my own solution. These server/workstation options like the DL series are exactly right for me but not if it will not go in my rack.

-klb
post #4 of 4 Old 08-30-2014, 09:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by weq92f View Post
Are you aware of any other vendors server equipment that I could mount in this rack?
Nothing as good as a DL380.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weq92f View Post
I've seen rack mount ATX cases online but I need RAID and don't really want to build my own solution. These server/workstation options like the DL series are exactly right for me but not if it will not go in my rack.
Not sure what you're trying to do, but putting any server gear into a pull out rack raises a lot of questions. How are you going to cool this gear? Is this going into a cabinet?

As for RAID, for most AV applications, you'd probably be better off looking at a NAS box and then an HTPC / streamer box. That allows you to put the storage "elsewhere" on the network, removing the heat/noise of a real server from an AV or theater location.

Jeff

-- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos:

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page