Soundproofing behind false wall - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 09-11-2014, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Soundproofing behind false wall

Was thinking about adding a layer or two of this on the front wall behind my speakers...
http://www.rona.ca/en/panel-acoustic

Anybody tried it? Thoughts?

Thanks,

Pat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-11-2014, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Forgot to mention that the room is already finished, no possibility of putting something in the walls.
post #3 of 7 Old 09-11-2014, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Perhaps something like this might be better? http://www.homedepot.ca/product/roxu...exterio/995375
post #4 of 7 Old 09-11-2014, 03:47 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 26
The answer is always more Sheetrock and GG. It's almost always more effective then whatever sound board for the price. Make sure it's not that "40% lighter" stuff
post #5 of 7 Old 09-11-2014, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by roccoleach View Post
The answer is always more Sheetrock and GG. It's almost always more effective then whatever sound board for the price. Make sure it's not that "40% lighter" stuff
Thanks, but I'm thinking of a less permanent solution. Something I can just rest on the floor or attach with a few screws and pieces of furring strips
post #6 of 7 Old 09-11-2014, 07:26 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulklogan View Post
Thanks, but I'm thinking of a less permanent solution. Something I can just rest on the floor or attach with a few screws and pieces of furring strips
I'm no sound expert, but if you are talking about soundproofing... doing only the front wall of your theater will not soundproof it in any significant way. If you are talking about reducing the acoustical reflections from your front speakers off the front wall, then yes, that may work. I'm planning on lining my front wall with 1" linacoustic (http://www.fabricmate.com/cores-linacoustic.php) although this would be a bit more permanent than what you are probably wanting. I think most people use a double layer of linacoustic or something like OC703.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 Old 09-11-2014, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by panino View Post
I'm no sound expert, but if you are talking about soundproofing... doing only the front wall of your theater will not soundproof it in any significant way. If you are talking about reducing the acoustical reflections from your front speakers off the front wall, then yes, that may work. I'm planning on lining my front wall with 1" linacoustic (http://www.fabricmate.com/cores-linacoustic.php) although this would be a bit more permanent than what you are probably wanting. I think most people use a double layer of linacoustic or something like OC703.
Thanks, I meant reflection... Would love to get my hands on some linacoustic, but I can't find a supplier anywhere in Montreal.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page