Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-17-2014, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
small home theater build

Hey guys,
I am planning a home theater but the only room I can put it in is about 10x10. I am wondering if you guys have any suggestions on a good projector for a room that small. I will be using it mostly for games and movies and I would like the price of the projector to be under $1000 but I am open to suggestions.

Also any suggestions on the screen size for a room this small. I am stuck between 92 and 100 inches thinking of going with 100 inches. Any one have experience with a home theater in such a small space?

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-17-2014, 09:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Take a look...
Theater For Hobbits 2.0

post #3 of 5 Old 09-17-2014, 03:15 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'd recommend one of the BenQ DLP short throw projectors. I'm using a standard BenQ DLP in a room just a little larger than yours and it is awesome. Can't beat it for the price - especially for sports. I'm not a gamer, so keep that in mind.

My screen is 106" 16x9. To keep cost down I'm using small but decent quality bookshelf speakers in a 5.1 configuration. Using a budget receiver ($400 list - bought open box for $175 no mic no remote) but it has plenty of power for the small space. Splurged on an Oppo Blu-Ray, but got it for $250 using Reward Points. Other sources are AppleTV and DirecTV DVR.

I have a single row of 5 theater seats I got on ebay for $50 each. Cleaned them up and got creative coming up with mounting feet that work great.

Love my small, budget home theater!

Last edited by IndyLions; 09-17-2014 at 07:13 PM.
post #4 of 5 Old 09-18-2014, 08:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyLions View Post
I'd recommend one of the BenQ DLP short throw projectors. I'm using a standard BenQ DLP in a room just a little larger than yours and it is awesome. Can't beat it for the price - especially for sports. I'm not a gamer, so keep that in mind.

My screen is 106" 16x9. To keep cost down I'm using small but decent quality bookshelf speakers in a 5.1 configuration. Using a budget receiver ($400 list - bought open box for $175 no mic no remote) but it has plenty of power for the small space. Splurged on an Oppo Blu-Ray, but got it for $250 using Reward Points. Other sources are AppleTV and DirecTV DVR.

I have a single row of 5 theater seats I got on ebay for $50 each. Cleaned them up and got creative coming up with mounting feet that work great.

Love my small, budget home theater!
Awesome thanks for the reply!
post #5 of 5 Old 09-18-2014, 09:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 43
I think the BenQ model # is 1080ST

A lot of us cheaper theater guys have the 1070 which is the non-short throw version of that.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page