LF Austin area expert for accoustic treatment - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-03-2014, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 107
LF Austin area expert for accoustic treatment

I am looking for someone in the Austin area that could come in, take measurements, and assist with a plan (and possible installation) for accoustically treating my home theater, as well as calibrating my dual subs. If anyone knows of someone with this rare set of skills, please let me know. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-03-2014, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Any one of our resident experts could design the plan for you and more than likely recommend a local company/individual to do the calibration (if not fly out their own people).

Or you can search for CEDIA certified people on the web.

Tim
post #3 of 4 Old 12-04-2014, 07:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 121
It is a rare skill set INDEED! If you really want to find someone local you could look for Home Acoustics Alliance Level II certified people. But that training really only covers calibration, not room acoustic analysis and development of an acoustic treatment plan. Most of the work we do is remote. You can buy a measurement kit from us, have us send you our loaner, or use your own (room EQ wizard for example). Send the measurements to us together with a floorplan, photos and equipment list and we'll send back a report that compares your acoustical design and measurements to best practices and includes high level solutions. We discuss those together and work out what is best for you and then implement it. Solutions typically involve acoustic treatment but can also include EQ, addition of more subs, speaker / listener position changes, etc. We can even do audio calibration work remotely. Hook up a measurement rig to your computer, we set up a time to remote into your computer, and then you are on the phone in the room making the changes we tell you to. Technology is cool, huh! More here: http://www.acousticfrontiers.com/ser...stic-analysis/. PM me if you want more details.

Acoustic Frontiers: design and creation of high performance listening rooms, home theaters and project studios for discerning audio/video enthusiasts.
post #4 of 4 Old 12-06-2014, 01:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyal Mellor View Post
It is a rare skill set INDEED! If you really want to find someone local you could look for Home Acoustics Alliance Level II certified people. But that training really only covers calibration, not room acoustic analysis and development of an acoustic treatment plan. Most of the work we do is remote. You can buy a measurement kit from us, have us send you our loaner, or use your own (room EQ wizard for example). Send the measurements to us together with a floorplan, photos and equipment list and we'll send back a report that compares your acoustical design and measurements to best practices and includes high level solutions. We discuss those together and work out what is best for you and then implement it. Solutions typically involve acoustic treatment but can also include EQ, addition of more subs, speaker / listener position changes, etc. We can even do audio calibration work remotely. Hook up a measurement rig to your computer, we set up a time to remote into your computer, and then you are on the phone in the room making the changes we tell you to. Technology is cool, huh! More here: http://www.acousticfrontiers.com/ser...stic-analysis/. PM me if you want more details.

Can you PM me a rough cost estimate for a service like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page