Theatre Construction Finally Underway: Need advice - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

Old Yesterday, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Theatre Construction Finally Underway: Need advice

Hi,

I got my theater layout done by renowned theater consultant a couple of years back and now it is finally underway. He designed the theatre with 2" 703 oc boards attached directly to walls. My construction is brick and mortar and as panels protruding out wouldn't have looked nice. So I decided to line the whole theatre in wood so that panels and other wall appears at the same level.

Now I have two questions:

1. Should the 2" rock wool panels (as shown) have hollow back with rockwool directly nailed to the wall or the way i have built it is ok?
2. How to make panels and wall appear at the same level as panels are 2" inch thick and wooden sheets I am using are only .5" thick.I can install small wooden strips of 1.5" on the wall and then hang wooden sheets from them to bring the panels and wood in the same plane of 2" however then the space behind wooden sheets would partly be hollow. Is that ok?

Last edited by hussain; Today at 01:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 02:52 AM - Thread Starter

i used polystrene inside the hollow space and when i knocked on it, the sound was much muffled then before, so does it mean I am on the right track?

Last edited by hussain; Today at 05:22 AM.
Old Today, 09:55 PM - Thread Starter

There was time when this forum was the only place to go for information. now it is like a graveyard but twice as dead

Last edited by hussain; Today at 10:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement