AVS Forum banner

/// CINEMASCOPE Blu-ray Demonstration Disc \\\

10K views 61 replies 33 participants last post by  dbabaev21 
#1 ·
CINEMASCOPE BLU-RAY DEMO DISC

This disc was actually made available in 2014. It was made available through Demo-World's web site, however, this site has gone through some changes and is no longer possible to get it through them, and thus the reason for this thread.

The disc is 45GB, so plan accordingly for downloading, archiving and/or burning.

Attention

If you will be burning the disc to a physical media you will need a 50GB BD disc. It will NOT fit into a 25GB disc. It is also recommended to do a trial run to a 50GB-RE disc, this way if anything goes wrong you can try it again. BD discs and burners are very fordable this days, and not even required to test the demo discs so give it a try!

For those already familiar on how to get these type of disc the process is the same as with any of the other demo discs - Download the torrent link, download the actual disc and burn it to physical media or play it in any of the different ways possible.

What you need

- A torrent client
- A BD burner (optional)
- Imageburn (optional)

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
The disc was created for a 2.40:1(scope/cinemascope) screen ratio, however it will play on any screen but you will have bars on top and bottom.

Disc Content

Rio (Carnival) (4:56) DTS-HD MA 5.1
Inception (Dream) (4:01) DTS-HD MA 5.1
Master & Commander (Battle) (3:54) DTS-HD MA 5.1
X-Men: First Class (Beach) (3:20) DTS-HD MA 5.1
Kung Fu Panda (Skadoosh) (5:29) TrueHD 7.1
Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace (Race) (2:53) DTS-HD MA 7.1
Knowing (Plane Crash) (2:50) DTS-HD MA 5.1
Flight Of The Phoenix (Landing) (2:39) DTS-HD MA 5.1
Happy Feet (Freedom) (3:17) DTS-HD MA 5.1
Captain America: The First Avenger (Assault) (3:38) DTS-HD MA 7.1
Skyfall (Subway) (4:59) DTS-HD MA 5.1
Thor (Ice Monster) (4:34) DTS-HD MA 7.1
Brave (Touch The Sky) (2:28) TrueHD 7.1
Super 8 (Production Value) (3:44) TrueHD 7.1
The Fifth Element (Lilu) (7:00) TrueHD 5.1
Transformers (Scorpion) (6:12) TrueHD 5.1
Baraka (Chant) (2:40) DTS-HD MA 5.1
The Island (Brain Scan) (3:40) DTS-HD MA 5.1
Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol (Server Room) (4:09) TrueHD 7.1
Mr. & Mrs. Smith (Shutout) (4:09) DTS-HD MA 5.1
I, Robot (Tunnel) (3:05) DTS-HD MA 5.1
Avatar (Learning To Fly) (5:53) DTS-HD MA 5.1
Snow White & The Huntsman (Castle) (3:37) DTS-HD MA 7.1
Rio (Flying) (4:07) DTS-HD MA 5.1
Iron Man 3 (House Attack) (5:40) DTS-HD MA 7.1
Amadeus (Opera) (4:06) TrueHD 5.1
X-Men: First Class (Relax Your Mind) (3:21) DTS-HD MA 5.1
Pacific Rim (Comeback) (3:58) DTS-HD MA 7.1
The Amazing Spider-Man (Toilet) (4:20) DTS-HD MA 5.1
Baraka (Monk) (2:57) DTS-HD MA 5.1
Cowboys & Aliens (Can You Swim?) (3:49) DTS-HD MA 5.1
The Perfect Storm (Rescue) (6:08) TrueHD 5.1
The Matrix (Helicopter Crash) (5:17) TrueHD 5.1
Rango (Hawk Chase) (2:58) DTS-HD MA 5.1
Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows (Hiding Harry) (3:53) DTS-HD MA 5.1
The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King (Pelennor Fields) (2:37) DTS-HD MA 7.1
Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol (Kremlin) (0:44) TrueHD 7.1
John Carter (Flying Machine) (2:47) DTS-HD MA 7.1
The Island (Jesus Loves You) (8:04) DTS-HD MA 5.1
Across The Universe (Jude) (3:45) TrueHD 5.1
Prometheus (Imminent Impact) (4:06) DTS-HD MA 7.1
Live Free Die Hard (Apartment) (3:28) DTS-HD MA 5.1
The Hunger Games (Tributes) (2:56) DTS-HD MA 7.1
How To Train Your Dragon (Escape) (9:44) TrueHD 5.1
Oblivion (Radioactive Zone) (4:15) DTS-HD MA 7.1
The Fifth Element (Ballroom) (4:00) TrueHD 5.1
Kung Fu Panda 2 (Street Chase) (3:48) TrueHD 5.1
Star Trek: Into Darkness (Crossing) (3:35) TrueHD 7.1

Disc Box Cover and Label

Torrent Link

The file attached has a TXT extension. Please NOTE that the TXT extension needs to be renamed to TORRENT. Once renamed you can double click the file and the torrent client will be started or open it directly through the torrent client of your choice.

View attachment CinemaScopeDemoDisc.txt

Attachments

#3 ·
I think I'll get this when I get home. Nice of you to include box art as well. I'd definitely print that out but since I have a Dune, I think I'll just throw it on there and skip burning a disc.

Thanks.

#6 ·
Just checked - 3 seeds, 9 peers.

For those that already have it, as courtesy to others, please seed for as long as it took you to get it (at least).

I would suggest reboot, and make sure your port(s) are open.

#10 ·
Is there a specific 'how to' area to see for doing this??

I have a BD burner and downloaded all needed programs. I need cook book, spoon fed 'How to' directions! :D

Thanks!

#22 ·
I went to the 'how to' and it was for users with DVD.

I have a new Blu Ray drive. Haven't yet used it. Is there a 'How To' when using a Blu Ray drive?

Thanks!!

#12 ·
Anyone know of a way to add to PLEX, do I need to covert the video files to MKV. Trying to create a movie demos library section with the THX-WOW disc download I have while this one finishes downloading. I will be seeding soon!!

#13 · (Edited)
Well I did manage to get the clips to show in my PLEX libraries. I created Movie Demos and Scope Demos libraries, then set the folder library location up to the BDMV folder for each demo disc download in PLEX library location. It then started to download video clips and covers for some but for others it did a video thumb. When I have some time I'll match the video covers to the ones that came up with a video thumb but so far it's working out pretty good. Now I can easily show a few quick demos and not have to look for the disc or switch devices.

Hope it helps anyone looking to do this. Thanks for the efforts on the disc superleo, much appreciated.

Edit: Just to add, I also set those created folders not to show up in recently added and on deck for obvious reasons.

Reactions: superleo
#26 ·
OK, I've managed to snag all the individual clips as .mkv files only.

Any suggestions how I can assemble them into a BD like this one?? Or any way I can assemble the .mkvs that I prefer into a Bluray Disc??

Does anyone have the files that set up the BD structure and so forth, so I can integrate all my separate .mkv files into a demo BluRay disc??

Any help is most appreciated...

#29 ·
Woohoo!
Another Demo disc! I was wandering around in the forum the other day because I havent been on much in a while (summer = motorcycle = not on the Forums much ;-) )
And I thought "I wonder if any of the guys have made any more of those ass-kicking Demo discs recently?"
I click on LastButNotLeast's siggy and Kablammo! There is CinemaScope.
Got it pretty quick, and I will try it tonight after yet ANOTHER holiday dinner (if im not in a turkey coma that is)
Thanks guys for yet another reason to shake the siding and soffit off the house!

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.