Slow progress... I know. Things will be picking up quickly now that I have officially hired a contractor to finish the rest of the basement and get the theater to a drywalled state. He will be taking direction from me (but this assumes I know what i'm doing, which I don't!).
First up - I will be hanging drywall in the theater room very soon. I have installed the clips and channel on the ceiling and one interior wall. The other 3 walls are all exterior so no clips (they are decoupled from the ceiling joists). I am hanging 1 layer of 5/8" OSB + GG + 5/8" drywall on the ceiling and DD+GG on the 4 walls. What wires do I need to make sure are run in the walls before sealing everything up?
- Surround x4
- R/L/C up front behind screen wall
- 2 subwoofers up front behind screen wall
- 4 in-ceiling speakers for Atmos?
- outlet in ceiling for projector
- outlets around room to code (trying to hide these in columns)
- outlets x2 on face of riser for front row seats
- outlets on riser floor for back row seats
- outlets behind screen for subwoofers
- switch on wall (Grafik Eye?)
- lights in soffit
- sconces on columns x5
- tray light for around soffit
- lights for steps to riser
- screen lights x3 for above screen
- 2 supply vents
- 1 return vent
- HDMI conduit to projector
- Am I missing anything obvious?
- What do you do about poking holes in the sheetrock/soundproofing? Electrical boxes make sense with the putty pads but what about speaker wire?
- Speaking of... I am supplying the speaker wire - any recommendations on what to buy and where to buy it (and how much to get)?
Any feedback would be great. Thanks.