PreWire House: Speakers, Subwoofers & PJ - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-13-2016, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked: 349
PreWire House: Speakers, Subwoofers & PJ

I'm about to start the drafting for our new house, so I'm in the process of trying to make sure I dont miss anything. So I've found I some questions that I cant find a definitive answer for.

1. I'm building TWO 18" Ultimax MartySubs and I'm debating about using a single iNuke 6000DSP or the Dayton 1200w Plate amp. From what I've read using a Plate Amp built into the sub and then running a long (12m) RCA out of the AVR may suffer from poor signal noise ratio. However I've read I could maybe use Shielded RG6 and terminate it at the wall and then plug in a simple short RCA from wall to the plated sub. Will that work. As for the iNuke vs Dayton Plate - it looks like the Dayton has a fair bit of customization in it and that the only reason why its in front at the moment.

2. Conduit in the walls. I have 90mm wall studs. Whats the biggest conduit diameter I can go?

3. HDMI & Power point in the ceiling for the projector. Should I run the HDMI from the receiver straight up through the ceiling and back through ceiling into PJ in one piece or can I use HDMI wall plates?

4. Power for the Theater room. Should I just have a single breaker and circuit for the theater room? Or do I need something more involved again?

5. Aircon in theater room. Australia is a hot hot place in summer and I'm yet to come across a theater room in Australia that naturally stays cool. I have Ducted Evaprative cooling and I can get a duct or two put in but how will this go with Sound Isolation for the rest of the house and the operation of the aircon in basically a sealed room?

Rough house plan below
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Theater Room.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	200.2 KB
ID:	1313185  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
custom build , house build , prewire