Acoustical Treatments Master Thread - Page 364 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 110Likes
post #10891 of 10894 Old 05-29-2015, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 91
I just ordered up 6 ATS Acoustic Diffusers 23" x 48" x 6", QRD 7 type for the back area of my HT room.

I'll be replacing rear first reflection absorbers with two of these. I'll be putting 2 on the back wall while leaving bass absorbers. I'll be hanging 2 on the ceiling over rear surrounds over bass absorbers.

Look under "Clearance" they have them for nearly half price, http://www.atsacoustics.com/acoustic...clearance.html . They are unfinished but it's pretty easy to use
wood stain and varnish or a one step product.

I'd get more but I really don't have room for them till I do at least remodel the existing theater room

I've not ordered from ATS before so if you want to wait and see what my experience with them is I'll be happy to post back.

I'll post back when they arrive but they're not supposed to ship till 6/2 or 6/3.

Cheers,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10892 of 10894 Old Yesterday, 04:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Hi, guys!

I am doing my first home theater build and using sound treatments for the first time. I came across tube-shaped bass traps in the wholesale market dedicated to audio and home theater here in Guangzhou. Do these things actually work? They seem way too light to function as a bass trap. What am I missing?

Thanks!
post #10893 of 10894 Old Yesterday, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 277
They do work - probably. Some designs might actually be pretty good. Other designs are only useful over a very small bandwidth. Hard to say.
post #10894 of 10894 Unread Today, 05:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Good morning group,

Will get better pics, but this to start:

The pic is of my handicapped sons duplex. The echo is simply maddening. I placed an area rug, some vinyl blinds, some darkening drapes...The couch is pleather/vinyl, glass front picture hanging, vaulted ceiling(s) that opens into a very open kitchen, also with vaulted ceiling.

The plan: To make my own frame box, covered in sound deadening blackout drapery material. Question is how large, many and ideal placement?

The plan: 1 4x2 behind each tower and one 4x2 above the TV. 3 - 4x2 on the opposing wall above the couch...one near the front windows about 8" above couch back, the hanging picture moved to center over couch with 4x2 oblong above the picture (if space allows, this one may be sized to fit), and the 3rd panel above the end table.

Thoughts: Unseen as of yet, but thinking I will still need more treatments going into the DR/KIT open area.

Suggestions are most welcome as this I am just learning about, for the sole purpose of echo control on the cheap (but effective).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN9670.JPG
Views:	0
Size:	471.8 KB
ID:	751545  

Main: Mitsubishi 73734 DLP|Amazon Fire TV|Toshiba HD DVD-A35|Panasonic BD65|Denon AVR-4311CI|MartinLogan Preface|Phantom|MartinLogan Encore TF|2 DIY Class 'G' 540w 12" Subs|APC H15|Harmony 720 Remote|Linksys E3000 Dual Band N-Router|Linksys SE2500 Ethernet Switch

MBR: Vizio VF550M|Roku 2XS|Sony BDP-S1100|Denon AVR-X1000|Chane A1rx-c|Phantom|(Temporary)Dayton Audio SAT-BK|MartinLogan Dynamo 300|Belkin PureAV PF30|Harmony 550 Remote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Fv15hp Subwoofer , Denon , Audyssey

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page