Acoustical Treatments Master Thread - Page 381 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 174Likes

post #11401 of 11429 Old 07-01-2016, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 462 Post(s)
Liked: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by SherazNJ View Post
Would I be better to do the doubling on 703 Fiber instead? I don't have any low frequency room ringing though.
I don't have any expertise in the material choice at all. I would simply use what I already had. My general hunch is that most of the time the difference between one fibrous material and another is hardly measurable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11402 of 11429 Old 07-01-2016, 06:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 127
You can somewhat compare "703 plain" vs "703 FRK" at
http://www.bobgolds.com/AbsorptionCoefficients.htm

An amateur built the Ark. Titanic was built by professionals. Of course Noah took a little advice.
post #11403 of 11429 Old 07-03-2016, 09:29 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1210 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by BasementBob View Post
You can somewhat compare "703 plain" vs "703 FRK" at
http://www.bobgolds.com/AbsorptionCoefficients.htm
Thx. I wish I could find a place to buy 703 FiberGlass in Central Jersey. I know a place but its over an hour away. Renting a truck and going this far will almost cost me same as paoying 40.00 for shipment.
post #11404 of 11429 Old 07-04-2016, 07:06 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hi friends,

I am setting up a 5.1.4 home theatre in a dedicated room in my new flat with Dolby Atmos.
Room layout is attached alongwith this post
Room size is 14.5ft x 10.5ft and height till false ceiling is 8.5ft.
Screen will be on wall measuring 10.5ft.
On this 10.5ft wall, 7.75ft x 4ft window is also there, that why I am going for motorised screen. Screen and front floor standing speakers will come in front of this window and centre speaker below screen. My purpose for home theatre is for viewing 70% movies or live sports screening and rest 30% music.

Speaker system will be PSB X2 T - Floor Standing TOWER (PAIR)
PSB XC - CENTER
PSB XB - REAR SPEAKERS (PAIR)
PSB SUB 200
PSB CW 80 R (2 PAIRs) In Ceiling

My PSB Imagine X2T floorstanding speaker's frequency response Off Axis @ 30°±1 1/2dB is 45-10,000Hz.

I want to setup floor carpet matt and acoustics wall panels for getting the best sound.

Please advice me on the same.

How should i go about to get the best sound experience ? I also want a good aesthically looking room.. Do I need Complete Absorbption in the room with Bass Trappers / partial Diffusion etc etc..

Other than this, my query is that whether diffusion is needed on back wall ??

One of the acoustic consultant told me that only absorption will be required for your home theatre room as your room is not long enough but just 14.5ft. So he said 2inch absorption with glasswool covered with foam covered with fabric will do fine. Will this work? He said diffusion is not needed as room is not big enough lenghtwise. Is it true ?

While another said, we will do absorption in only reflection points and corners and not the whole room..

While a third person in the forum told me this :
As my left side and right side wall is 14.5ft and front and back wall measures 10.5ft and height of room is 8.5ft, therefore use :

0. Front wall : use 2inch thick glasswool panel (80kg density) with 1" air gap -> total 3 inch
1. Side wall next to speaker : use 2inch thick glasswool panel of about 5 feet from front wall to absorb early reflections
2. Sliding glass Window on front wall : window to cover with door of acoustic panels on inside... that is,to make panel covered small doors over that front wall window so that when needed that window door could be covered when Hometheatre is running.
3. Centre Side Wall (from 5ft to 9ft ) : What acoustic treatment i should do here ??
4. Rear side of Side Wall (from 9ft to 13.5ft) : to use some 2" 3d diffusion
5. Rear Corner(13.5ft to 1ft on rear wall) : to use Thick Bass trap filled with glasswool (1ft equilateral triangle in corner)
6. side of the back wall (1ft to 3.5ft => total 2.5ft on left side of rear wall and again from 7ft to 9.5ft => total 2.5ft on right side of real wall) - to again use 2" 3d diffusion
7. middle of the back wall (from 3.5ft to 7ft => total 3.5ft on back wall) -> to use 2inch thick glasswool panel (80kg density) with 1" air gap -> total 3 inch
8. cover the entire floor with thick carpet
9. leave the false ceiling (made of gypsum) untouched

So 3 different opinions and hence i am confused ... friends plz give your advice

How should i go about to get the best sound experience ? I also want a good aesthically looking home theatre room.. Do I need Complete Absorbtion in the room with Bass Trappers / partial Diffusion etc etc..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Home theatre room plan.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	1526842  
post #11405 of 11429 Old 07-04-2016, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Can anyone tell me or link me to ways of making fabric/acoustical panels that are curved. Like picture cutting a hollow sphere in half and looking "into" the half. I can easily come up with ways to make 3D type panels where the fabric has its highest point on the outside but I'm looking to do the opposite. I want to create designs where the fabric will be sunk in towards the wall cavity.

Any ideas for AT fabric shaped panels? It could come down to design and only have the cavity portions with flexible material that won't need speakers there.

This is where I got the inspiration and know I will not be able to come anywhere near this but using some of its concepts would be very appealing.

cineramax europa and imax images

https://plus.google.com/113945651896...ts/X8SQqwEAiJu

http://cineramax.com/projects/europa/

Last edited by audiovideoholic; 07-04-2016 at 12:33 PM.
post #11406 of 11429 Old 07-06-2016, 05:28 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartiknibjiya View Post
Hi friends,

I am setting up a 5.1.4 home theatre in a dedicated room in my new flat with Dolby Atmos.
On this 10.5ft wall, 7.75ft x 4ft window is also there, that why I am going for motorised screen. Screen and front floor standing speakers will come in front of this window and centre speaker below screen. My purpose for home theatre is for viewing 70% movies or live sports screening and rest 30% music.

PSB XC - CENTER
PSB SUB 200

My PSB Imagine X2T floorstanding speaker's frequency response Off Axis @ 30°±1 1/2dB is 45-10,000Hz.

I want to setup floor carpet matt and acoustics wall panels for getting the best sound.

How should i go about to get the best sound experience ? I also want a good aesthically looking room.. Do I need Complete Absorbption in the room with Bass Trappers / partial Diffusion etc etc..

One of the acoustic consultant told me that only absorption will be required for your home theatre room as your room is not long enough but just 14.5ft. So he said 2inch absorption with glasswool covered with foam covered with fabric will do fine. Will this work? He said diffusion is not needed as room is not big enough lenghtwise. Is it true ?

While another said, we will do absorption in only reflection points and corners and not the whole room..

As my left side and right side wall is 14.5ft and front and back wall measures 10.5ft and height of room is 8.5ft, therefore use :

0. Front wall : use 2inch thick glasswool panel (80kg density) with 1" air gap -> total 3 inch
1. Side wall next to speaker : use 2inch thick glasswool panel of about 5 feet from front wall to absorb early reflections
2. Sliding glass Window on front wall : window to cover with door of acoustic panels on inside... that is,to make panel covered small doors over that front wall window so that when needed that window door could be covered when Hometheatre is running.
3. Centre Side Wall (from 5ft to 9ft ) : What acoustic treatment i should do here ??
5. Rear Corner(13.5ft to 1ft on rear wall) : to use Thick Bass trap filled with glasswool (1ft equilateral triangle in corner)
6. side of the back wall (1ft to 3.5ft => total 2.5ft on left side of rear wall and again from 7ft to 9.5ft => total 2.5ft on right side of real wall) - to again use 2" 3d diffusion
7. middle of the back wall (from 3.5ft to 7ft => total 3.5ft on back wall) -> to use 2inch thick glasswool panel (80kg density) with 1" air gap -> total 3 inch

So 3 different opinions and hence i am confused ... friends plz give your advice

How should i go about to get the best sound experience ? I also want a good aesthically looking home theatre room.. Do I need Complete Absorbtion in the room with Bass Trappers / partial Diffusion etc etc..
hey friends,

please help !!
post #11407 of 11429 Old 07-06-2016, 07:30 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 126
I would start with corner bass traps and first reflection panels. I'd also refer you to the GIK acoustics website for more pointers. They also offer a free consulting service and are a solid and reputable company. I bought all my reflection panels and traps from them. Best of luck !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #11408 of 11429 Old 07-06-2016, 07:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Hi friends,

PSB XC - CENTER
PSB SUB 200

Yes, absorbers will be easiest, diffusion will be difficult in a room that small. I think it would be easy enough and sound good to use GIK bass traps with scatter plates in your corners.

I don't know about not needed because it's small it'll just be harder. If you want a more live sound you could likely use diffusion that isn't as thick and it would sound fine but only in certain areas. I wouldn't use diffusion at first reflection points for instance. Check the Deadwood build for some ideas, Deadwood Theater Comes Alive, HT of the Month: Deadwood Cinema.

While another said, we will do absorption in only reflection points and corners and not the whole room.

Not bad advice, it depends on your budget, do the above first, including ceiling, if you have the budget use corner bass absorbers with scatter plates and put some supper absorbers (6" or even thicker) on the back wall.

Find reflection points with a mirror, http://www.gikacoustics.com/video-ea...ection-points/

Stands can be used to put panels over a window or sliding glass door, they're called a gobo.

Behind first and second reflection points (more or less beside the MLP diffusion may work if you want it.

Is this a reflection point for surrounds? The rule of thumb for diffusion is 1 foot of distance for every inch of diffusion thickness, otherwise it can smear imaging.

That may work if you have the space/can find diffusion that will fit in the width.

I'd use a 6" bass trap there.

Sounds good as long as your false ceiling is absorber type witch a lot are.

I think the addition of my advice will simply give you another option. I don't see that the advice that you've been given already to be bad advice. I'm not going to tell you what to do, you need to decide. I created a dedicated theater room in 2013 and since then I've changed the treatments in some way about a dozen times and 3 times that much if you count experimental placement.

Some resources,
http://www.gikacoustics.com/
http://www.acoustimac.com/
http://www.atsacoustics.com/
http://www.acousticsfirst.com/
http://realtraps.com/index.htm
http://www.primacoustic.com/

Cheers,

Last edited by dnoonie; 07-07-2016 at 12:24 AM.
post #11409 of 11429 Old 07-06-2016, 11:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
"...the best sound experience..." is very subjective. There isn't one answer. You need to decide what you like and then figure out how to create that sound in your space. Visit other theaters, here's what I did, My Audio Reference

I started basic with 1" spaced 2" absorbers at first and second reflection points and corner 4" bass traps and developed from there.

How did I decide what to do?

I heard other rooms that I liked and tried to create an environment that would create the same experience in my theater room.

Cheers,
post #11410 of 11429 Old 07-08-2016, 02:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello,

The door to my bedroom doesn't exactly fit the doorway, and has a small gap at the bottom from the floor where a lot of sound leaks out. I was wondering if I could get something of custom dimensions (basically a 3d rectangular shaped foam or something like that) which I will then affix to the bottom of the door with some 3M or something of that nature to "fill in" that gap. Do you guys know where/what I could get something to help my situation? Thanks for any help.
post #11411 of 11429 Old 07-08-2016, 02:51 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmanprince View Post
Hello,

The door to my bedroom doesn't exactly fit the doorway, and has a small gap at the bottom from the floor where a lot of sound leaks out. I was wondering if I could get something of custom dimensions (basically a 3d rectangular shaped foam or something like that) which I will then affix to the bottom of the door with some 3M or something of that nature to "fill in" that gap. Do you guys know where/what I could get something to help my situation? Thanks for any help.
Hi, I suggest you ask this in the Soundproofing Master Thread.

Under construction: Tower Cinema - 7.1.6 in a 12'x12' room
Pioneer Kuro KRP-600A | HTPC with Kodi | Panasonic DMP-BD60 | Marantz SR-7010 feeding NAD T775 and 2x NAD T743
1x Monitor Audio GSLCR | 2x Monitor Audio GS20 | 4x Monitor Audio GSFX | 6x Monitor Audio BX1 | SVS PB-13 Ultra
post #11412 of 11429 Old 07-09-2016, 04:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashie Saldana View Post
Hi, I suggest you ask this in the Soundproofing Master Thread.
Thanks, I posted there as well
post #11413 of 11429 Old 07-12-2016, 07:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I just remembered this guide over at http://www.primacoustic.com/app-home-theatre.htm, once you've figured out how live/dead a sound you want you can use the guide at the bottom of the write up to help you add absorption to taste. the pic below is a quick summary the write up has some great info.

More info, http://www.residentialsystems.com/au...theaters/86809

Cheers,
post #11414 of 11429 Old 07-14-2016, 07:16 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Thoughts on these frames for DIY panels? http://www.atsacoustics.com/item--Fi...x-2--1163.html

I'd be getting the 24x36" and am looking at the 2" for first (and second) reflection points on my side walls. My system isn't huge or fancy, but it does sit in a 33x20' room. The seating is 13.5' from the screen.

I was thinking of filling with something like Roxul and temporarily covering with a solid color fabric. At some point, I'd like to do the DIY movie posters, hence the 24x36" size.

Thanks!
post #11415 of 11429 Old 07-17-2016, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 437 Post(s)
Liked: 380
I have an interesting new problem with my front sound-stage, and I'm not sure how to solve it. I went to a 75" from a 65", and it created a lot of reverb behind the set due to the way I have it mounted. It's on a pull-out swivel mount, about 1 foot away from the wall, and that space is creating some nightmares for my system. I can't push the set in all the way to the wall, as the speakers would block the side views. The only thought I have, is try to push the speakers closer to the wall to try to minimize, or install bass traps behind the center speaker and up to the tv mount. See pictures below - any thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WIN_20160717_19_28_38_Pro.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	208.6 KB
ID:	1551425   Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20160717_19_29_08_Pro.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	224.7 KB
ID:	1551433  

Klipsch RF-7 II's, RC-64II, RS-62 II's, RS-52 II's
PSA V3600I
Marantz SR7008 with TK421 Modification
Emotiva XPA-5
Sony XBR-75x940c with Ideal-Lume Panelight
Samsung PN64F8500 (Master Bedroom)
post #11416 of 11429 Old 07-17-2016, 06:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarpNinja View Post
Thoughts on these frames for DIY panels? http://www.atsacoustics.com/item--Fi...x-2--1163.html

I'd be getting the 24x36" and am looking at the 2" for first (and second) reflection points on my side walls. My system isn't huge or fancy, but it does sit in a 33x20' room. The seating is 13.5' from the screen.

I was thinking of filling with something like Roxul and temporarily covering with a solid color fabric. At some point, I'd like to do the DIY movie posters, hence the 24x36" size.

Thanks!
I think your ideas are good ones.

You should use acoustically transparent fabric.
Most acoustic panel sellers will print your image on acoustic fabric for you.
Some resources
http://www.gikacoustics.com/
http://www.acoustimac.com/
http://www.atsacoustics.com/
http://www.acousticsfirst.com/
http://realtraps.com/index.htm
http://www.primacoustic.com/

Cheers,
post #11417 of 11429 Old 07-17-2016, 06:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Riddle View Post
I have an interesting new problem with my front sound-stage, and I'm not sure how to solve it. I went to a 75" from a 65", and it created a lot of reverb behind the set due to the way I have it mounted. It's on a pull-out swivel mount, about 1 foot away from the wall, and that space is creating some nightmares for my system. I can't push the set in all the way to the wall, as the speakers would block the side views. The only thought I have, is try to push the speakers closer to the wall to try to minimize, or install bass traps behind the center speaker and up to the tv mount. See pictures below - any thoughts?
Is the TV or objects around the TV rattling or...? Bass absorbers behind the speakers and screen wouldn't hurt but it could be that you've moved your speakers wider with the wider screen and that you're getting wall or room object reflections that are messing with your sound. You could try moving your speakers around to try to diagnose the problem(s), move them closer and or farther out in the room on a temp basis to see if the problem goes away, try temp moving objects that are close to the speakers to another room or to the back of the room to see if the problem goes away. Once you're found the issues you may consider side treatment of some sort (gobos if you can't hang them) or simply moving a couple objects in the room to a different location on a temp basis for serious listening.

Cheers,
post #11418 of 11429 Old 07-17-2016, 07:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks for the response. I haven't moved the speakers, so the only change is the new tv, and this issue wasn't present with the old set in the same place and distance from the wall. Due to my room layout, I don't have any other options to change the speaker layout. This isn't a dedicated room, unfortunately.

PSA V3600I
Emotiva XPA-5
post #11419 of 11429 Old 07-18-2016, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 462 Post(s)
Liked: 394
The size change for the TV seems unlikely to cause problems. More likely is setup. In particular, could it be that you are getting sound from both the TV and the tower speakers?
post #11420 of 11429 Old 07-18-2016, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulFred View Post
The size change for the TV seems unlikely to cause problems. More likely is setup. In particular, could it be that you are getting sound from both the TV and the tower speakers?
No, only the HT speakers are sending sound, nothing from the tv.

PSA V3600I
Emotiva XPA-5
post #11421 of 11429 Old 07-18-2016, 02:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thanks for the response. I haven't moved the speakers, so the only change is the new tv, and this issue wasn't present with the old set in the same place and distance from the wall. Due to my room layout, I don't have any other options to change the speaker layout. This isn't a dedicated room, unfortunately.
What is the symptom? What do you hear or measure that's not right?

Cheers,
post #11422 of 11429 Old 07-18-2016, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnoonie View Post
What the symptom? What do you hear or measure that's not right?

Cheers,
I haven't had a chance to run any measurements. It sounds like reverb, something that mostly pronounces itself when male's are speaking, like the bass from the voice is bouncing around from the wall to the tv.

PSA V3600I
Emotiva XPA-5
post #11423 of 11429 Old 07-18-2016, 04:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I haven't had a chance to run any measurements. It sounds like reverb, something that mostly pronounces itself when male's are speaking, like the bass from the voice is bouncing around from the wall to the tv.
I'd suggest getting 2 bass traps. If the only acceptable location is behind the front main speakers/TV then put them there.

Do you have other room treatment?
Do you have any other location you could put treatment besides behind the main speakers/TV?

Cheers,
post #11424 of 11429 Old 07-18-2016, 05:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I'd suggest getting 2 bass traps. If the only acceptable location is behind the front main speakers/TV then put them there.

Do you have other room treatment?
Do you have any other location you could put treatment besides behind the main speakers/TV?

Cheers,
Thanks @dnoonie . The only other space that my wife would let me use would be the area behind the center. She puts up with my HT in her living room, but isn't happy about it. We are about to put in a pool, and she almost convinced me to scrap the pool for now and finish a true HT space over the garage because I'm driving her insane, lol. I would rather have the pool now and wait and put in the HT of my dreams a few years down the road.

PSA V3600I
Emotiva XPA-5
post #11425 of 11429 Old 07-18-2016, 07:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thanks @dnoonie . The only other space that my wife would let me use would be the area behind the center. She puts up with my HT in her living room, but isn't happy about it. We are about to put in a pool, and she almost convinced me to scrap the pool for now and finish a true HT space over the garage because I'm driving her insane, lol. I would rather have the pool now and wait and put in the HT of my dreams a few years down the road.
Cool!

You could likely reuse any panels you get in the new space. Good luck with the new space!!

I doubt the initial issue is the screen, it's likely the back of the room in general and specifically the back corners, the larger TV simply added an element to make things a little worse. I hope that any treatment behind the TV and or center channel helps, it can't hurt.

Other ideas (room treatment that's not room treatment):
  • Sculptures that are roundish (people, animals, a totem, etc.) can work as diffusion, the larger and more rounded the better.
  • Plants make great diffusion, again, bigger is better (a forest is amazingly diffuse)
  • Large round planters for your plants are good diffusion
  • Decorative, round pillars can also be diffusion
  • Furniture absorbs and diffuses
  • Through rugs (if you have a wood floor)
  • Avoid flat reflective objects

Cheers,
post #11426 of 11429 Old 07-18-2016, 07:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks @ dnoonie. This room is a challenge, as it is open to the rest of the house and upstairs. I'm not really getting much back reflections, as the back walls are more than 20' from the back of the couch - see below pictures. I just need to find a temp. solution until I can build a dedicated space.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WIN_20150815_13_09_38_Pro.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	254.3 KB
ID:	1553657   Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20150815_15_19_49_Pro.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	282.6 KB
ID:	1553665   Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20150815_15_20_05_Pro.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	275.5 KB
ID:	1553673   Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20150815_15_19_40_Pro.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	288.9 KB
ID:	1553681  

PSA V3600I
Emotiva XPA-5
post #11427 of 11429 Old 07-18-2016, 07:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thanks @ dnoonie. This room is a challenge, as it is open to the rest of the house and upstairs. I'm not really getting much back reflections, as the back walls are more than 20' from the back of the couch - see below pictures. I just need to find a temp. solution until I can build a dedicated space.
Cool.

What about a pic or two of the ceiling? Could you put bass traps up there?

Cheers,
post #11428 of 11429 Old 07-19-2016, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Cool.

What about a pic or two of the ceiling? Could you put bass traps up there?

Cheers,
No, they are 20' high, and my wife is barely on board with putting traps in the front. I got a hold of GIK and ATS, and they both suggested I just stick to bass traps behind the towers and the center due to my constraints. My room is not an ideal space due to being so open, so I will go with any improvement until I can build a dedicated space.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WIN_20160719_18_42_51_Pro.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	1554801   Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20160719_18_42_55_Pro.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	1554809   Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20160719_18_42_58_Pro.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	1554817  

PSA V3600I
Emotiva XPA-5
post #11429 of 11429 Old 07-19-2016, 06:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
No, they are 20' high, and my wife is barely on board with putting traps in the front. I got a hold of GIK and ATS, and they both suggested I just stick to bass traps behind the towers and the center due to my constraints. My room is not an ideal space due to being so open, so I will go with any improvement until I can build a dedicated space.
Nice!

That room looks like a great party room! With it connected to the kitchen with the wet bar in between, very cool. My current theater room wasn't hardly functional as anything before the conversion, I'd like to create a space like that when I do an add on of a purpose built theater room.

I do think that the source of the problem is the ceiling area, and or short hall beyond the rail upstairs, but you can only do what you can. With the molding up there it would be difficult to impossible to have unobtrusive treatment. And the difficulty of hanging treatment would turn it into an obtrusive project.

If the problem persists you might consider EQ to tame the offending frequencies.

Cheers,

Last edited by dnoonie; 07-19-2016 at 06:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Fv15hp Subwoofer , Denon , Audyssey