Cinema Midwest 2.0 - Page 10 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 121Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #271 of 279 Old 09-07-2017, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chirpie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Olathe, Kansas
Posts: 4,029
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 366
Cut Wires? But... Why?

So here's the annoying thing I was alluding to earlier...

Someone came along and chopped the heads off three of the security camera runs I did. They cut the heads and took the rest of the spool that was waiting to be hooked up to the security camera box. For the life of me I can't figure out why. They left all of the other wires alone. The wires themselves would be worthless. If they wanted copper the speaker wire would make way more sense. Seemed like random vandalism. Maybe the electrician was getting revenge on me? lol

But anyway. I have a few spare cables, does anyone think a splice and solder would work on something like this? It's effectively thin copper wire for the power and a very thin coaxial for the video. Guess the only way to find out is to try? ^_^;

Attached Images
File Type: jpg cutwires.jpg (315.1 KB, 273 views)
chirpie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #272 of 279 Old 09-07-2017, 11:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ladeback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,018
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 551 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Send a message via MSN to Ladeback
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirpie View Post
So here's the annoying thing I was alluding to earlier...

Someone came along and chopped the heads off three of the security camera runs I did. They cut the heads and took the rest of the spool that was waiting to be hooked up to the security camera box. For the life of me I can't figure out why. They left all of the other wires alone. The wires themselves would be worthless. If they wanted copper the speaker wire would make way more sense. Seemed like random vandalism. Maybe the electrician was getting revenge on me? lol

But anyway. I have a few spare cables, does anyone think a splice and solder would work on something like this? It's effectively thin copper wire for the power and a very thin coaxial for the video. Guess the only way to find out is to try? ^_^;

That sucks and I guess someone needed them more then you. They make outdoor connectors for the coax and if they left enough on the power for the video camera you should be able to soldered it and seal it up well.

Klipsch KPS-400’s FR/FL with built in 15” 300 watt side firing subs, RC-7 Center, RS-3 Surrounds.
Integra DHC-60.5, 5- Marantz MA700 Mono Blocks, Pioneer DV-F727 301 Disk DVD CD Changer, Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/DVD/CD Player, Sony PS3.
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...ck-cinema.html
Ladeback is offline  
post #273 of 279 Old 09-07-2017, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chirpie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Olathe, Kansas
Posts: 4,029
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladeback View Post
... you should be able to soldered it and seal it up well.
That's what I'm hoping for. I'll see if I can't find my iron. ^_^

Also, I don't know, maybe some people will find this interesting, this is the schematic I did for the whole house wiring that I'm trying to execute. The theater isn't on here, it will be it's own nightmare.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	av-wiring.png
Views:	288
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	2279344  

Last edited by chirpie; 09-07-2017 at 03:38 PM.
chirpie is offline  
 
post #274 of 279 Old 09-11-2017, 03:49 PM
Advanced Member
 
DougUSMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 723
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Nice diagram, some obvious glaring mistakes tho:
- Master Bath needs TV next to soaking tub
- Garage needs more speakers


On the other hand:
- Karaoke setup in bar is genius!

Have you created the equipment list for this yet??
DougUSMC is offline  
post #275 of 279 Old 09-11-2017, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chirpie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Olathe, Kansas
Posts: 4,029
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougUSMC View Post
Nice diagram, some obvious glaring mistakes tho:
- Master Bath needs TV next to soaking tub
- Garage needs more speakers


On the other hand:
- Karaoke setup in bar is genius!

Have you created the equipment list for this yet??
Hah! You know, you're not too far off on that TV near the tub idea. I actually think I might put a little TV in the bathroom in the basement after reading through mr poindexter's thread today (Blast from the past) and seeing the idea of the movie that's playing in the theater also playing the bathroom so you don't miss anything. ^_^

I should make a list, would help my cluttered mind.
chirpie is offline  
post #276 of 279 Old 09-12-2017, 04:54 AM
Advanced Member
 
DougUSMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 723
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 265
I really dig that plan, what did you use to make it?

BTW, you're going to love those MoviePoster TVs. I think they're everyone's favorite part of our lobby, so much so that I have to turn off trailers when we have a party or folks just stare at them the whole time!
chirpie likes this.
DougUSMC is offline  
post #277 of 279 Old 09-13-2017, 12:30 PM
Member
 
carguyshu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirpie View Post
Hah! You know, you're not too far off on that TV near the tub idea. I actually think I might put a little TV in the bathroom in the basement after reading through mr poindexter's thread today (Blast from the past) and seeing the idea of the movie that's playing in the theater also playing the bathroom so you don't miss anything. ^_^

I should make a list, would help my cluttered mind.
I have a TV in my basement bathroom that way if someone needs to use the restroom during an important sporting event we don't have to pause it or have them miss out on what's happening.
chirpie and UK Dreamer like this.
carguyshu is offline  
post #278 of 279 Old 09-14-2017, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chirpie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Olathe, Kansas
Posts: 4,029
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougUSMC View Post
I really dig that plan, what did you use to make it?
Oops. Totally glossed over this question. It was good ol' Adobe Illustrator. (Creative Cloud '17) I've used other vector art apps, but I keep coming back because of a few missing things here and there. (Affinity Designer and Sketch have come closest to doing what I need.)
chirpie is offline  
post #279 of 279 Old 10-05-2017, 05:35 AM
Advanced Member
 
DougUSMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 723
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 265
C'mon man, it's been almost 3 weeks! What's going on?!??!
DougUSMC is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off