Originally Posted by SierraMikeBravo
Keep in the loop with the architect. We may need to talk with him or her.
Is there anything specific I'd want to ask up front? Not sure how many chances we'll have to talk depending on the temperatures and getting a chance to pour. Gotta love waiting on the weather. (Among other things.)
Some items may change, be agreed upon, or shot down depending on how the civil engineers and surveyors ruled on certain things, and the architect may have to defer to them.
This is the list I have to talk about tomorrow (As it pertains to this room), in case it could help someone else have talking points in the future.
- Ceiling height in theater room, is it actually 12ft or is it like the 9ft ceiling in the basement that's more like 8'8"? Would adding another foot be possible?
- They balked at really long TJI's but I'll ask again. The back up plan is to ask them to pack the i beam with wood to hang shorter TJI's to. Certainly way easier, but that does cause mechanical transfer.
- Where to place Registers into media room
- Where to place penetrations for low and high voltage into media room
- Door location into media room
- Sump pump location in basement (attempting to place on a wall on the opposite side of the theater room, but the plot has a pretty decent grade pitch, so it may make sense to put it somewhere I'm not aware of yet.)
- Home run location for wiring to meet (data, audio, security, tv, phone, etc)
- What water proofing measures are taken on the garage floor
- Additional 100 amp panel price/location
- Potential location for minisplit (or 1.5 ton unit) outside the home?
I think that's most of it for now. Whew.