AVS Forum banner

Building AV/power recessed box + TV mounting - DIY or hire? Cost?

476 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  DaveClement 
#1 · (Edited)
I've been shopping around to find places locally that will mount 75" and 65" TVs around here, as well as putting recessed outlet/AV hookups on the wall for them to hide the cables. Most places that I can get to actually return my calls are quoting me over $500 per TV, so at this point I am considering just doing it myself - now I am not an electrician, but I really want a nice finished look. Any suggestions? What have other people done?

#4 ·
It is fairly straightforward if you are handy and feel comfortable with DIY projects. If you search for "TV wall mount DIY" on the Internet and YouTube you will come up with lots of guides.

For your power and cables, search this forum for "power bridge" and you should find a number of discussions. They are basically an outlet behind the TV and an "inlet" lower down to feed power into. They come in many different brands and configurations. You can also buy the parts individually in the electrical department at any home improvement store and assemble them yourself. This is just one example.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.