The Pit of Despair Theater Build - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By lt1z1997

post #1 of 3 Old Today, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
The Pit of Despair Theater Build

While this may not be the final name of the theater, it accurately reflects my feelings toward the space that will be my theater, which has been vacant for roughly 2.5 years. I have lost many hours of sleep due to indecision of what exactly to do with the space, but ultimately decided to go full-on theater. I hired @Nyal Mellor to do the design. While I don't have a definitive budget, the amount of money I have to spend is probably relatively small to many of the other theaters I have viewed/followed. I would say I have the good portion of what I need for this space in terms of equipment, seating, etc. and the part I am really struggling with at the moment is automation controls. I got a quote from a local business for Control4, I'm just not sure I want to spend that amount of money for one room. I looked at iRule, and had initially planned on going that route, but I really don't understand how it all works and what additional components are needed. Anyway, pictures and additional information to follow as I start down this road, which I'm sure will cause more loss of sleep and headaches until it is done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Today, 08:27 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 56
I'm in the same boat as you regarding home automation - I just don't understand it well at all.
post #3 of 3 Old Today, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by brazensol View Post
I'm in the same boat as you regarding home automation - I just don't understand it well at all.
My brother lives in Wasilla. I spoke with another local retailer yesterday and he thought a Universal Remote Control might get me 90-95% of what I want. For the cost difference I might have to sacrifice the other 5-10% and move on.
brazensol likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page