Fabric Frames - Page 33 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 11Likes

Old 05-01-2015, 09:48 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 89
I am guessing this has been addressed, but reading through the first 10 pages, I didn't see it - or really much related discussion, so, I am just going to ask.

Can you explain a bit about the actual process to wrap the frames in Fabric?

I tried my first one last night, and between trying to cut the fabric straight, knowing how many staples to use (I now see almost constant), if it was better to start one side vs another - long side vs short side, and definitely the rear corners (I did see the pictures in one of the early pages, which are helpful), it was just a bit more challenging than I hoped.

Do you remember what your process was to do this?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2015, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmhvball View Post
I am guessing this has been addressed, but reading through the first 10 pages, I didn't see it - or really much related discussion, so, I am just going to ask.

Can you explain a bit about the actual process to wrap the frames in Fabric?

I tried my first one last night, and between trying to cut the fabric straight, knowing how many staples to use (I now see almost constant), if it was better to start one side vs another - long side vs short side, and definitely the rear corners (I did see the pictures in one of the early pages, which are helpful), it was just a bit more challenging than I hoped.

Do you remember what your process was to do this?

Thanks in advance.
You are over thinking the process. The hardest part is pulling the fabric just the right amount not to get waves in the fabric.

Mine were easy to cut as the fabric was cut in half. The other cut can be made with a straight edge.

Start on one side and staple the fabric on. Then with downward pressure on the frame pull the loose side and push the frame toward the stapled side to get the correct tension on the fabric. Hold the fabric in place, with downward pressure and staple off the opposite end.

Then repeat on the remaining two sides.

Good luck

Greg
kmhvball likes this.

Last edited by GPowers; 05-01-2015 at 09:12 PM.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 75
What kind of fabric are you cutting? If it's GOM with the rough weave, I have tip I can share for cutting it straight.

Tom Logan
Everytime I reply the thread ends
Need motivation? Get LOGANED
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1014847

The Yellow Dog Cinema and Draft House
Old 05-01-2015, 03:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlogan6797 View Post
What kind of fabric are you cutting? If it's GOM with the rough weave, I have tip I can share for cutting it straight.
I am doing two different Accousticmac /DMD fabrics. One from there Executive collection,one of their basic DMD fabrics.

I'll figure it out, it was 2 am so being tired probably didn't help. Also, with the guidance I am over thinking, makes me a bit more comfortable that it isn't an exact science.
Old 07-01-2015, 03:47 AM
Advanced Member

This thread is in the "Show Me Your...." section, but I don't see many people posting their Fabric Frame theaters here... I figured I would anyway, hope that is okay!

I built fabric fames, and had Fabric movie posters made (DIY Custom-Printed Movie Poster Acoustic Panels - cheap!) for a few of the fabric frames.

The majority of my frames were built using 3/4" Plywood, joined together with Kreg Jig/Pocket Screws, and then I added 3/4" Quarter Round trim to the outside to give it the rounded look.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement