Originally Posted by unckdecamp
Nice, I was actually looking at these myself. Did you go manual or power? I am a fan of firm chairs because there is nothing worse than sinking into a couch and trying to get out!
Anything you'd do different next time or any advice?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I went with the Power version, which have worked perfectly so far... which is about 18 months. Occasionally, one will come unplugged - normally at the little transformer box vs from the outlet, and I'll have to plug it back in, but that is easy.
In terms of anything I would do differently... there is actually an entire 'sticky thread' on that subject in the dedicated Design & construction area that goes through a lot of that.
For me personally, a few things come to mind..
1) Run conduit to the projector, so far not an issue, but my HDMI cables aren't full 4k compliant, so, it could become an issue at some point (hoping my cat6 lines might suffice).
2) my 2nd level riser was too close to my first level riser, so, couldn't fit in my planned step lights
3) my screen ended up a little closer to seats, and I mounted my projector a little forward of where I intended, so, with full zoom, I just barely fill the screen... so, the old adage of measure twice, cut once... but measure twice... install screen & projector location once.
4) I did some work on bringing fresh air in and exhausting air out of the room for air exchanges, although this thought is virtual blasphemy, I don't think I would bother with that effort again. Based on my viewing habits, if I am in the room with just me and my immediate family, the air flow never is an issue... and if I have 14+ people in the room, normally my back door is open to allow people free flow in and out, so, then there is natural air circulation.
5) I would skip the 'screen lights', right in front of my screen...