Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-10-2005, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
All,
I asked a similar question a week or so ago and got no response. Hopefully I will get one this time... :)

My current pj (L300u) doesn't have HDMI. However, I'd like to try and futureproof by running an HDMI cable anyway.

My question is, is there a way to terminate this in a box? Are there HDMI plates that I just havn't seen?

Also, does it matter which cables I buy? I've seen Bluejeanscable.com and bettercables.com both mentioned on here. Are they both about the same?

Thanks.

CW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-10-2005, 04:07 PM
Advanced Member

CW,

I just did a google search & found this. I assume there are other vendors as well. Don't know how the cable connects to this....

Bob

http://www2.dvigear.com/hdmiwallplates.html

Slightly Pixelated
post #3 of 6 Old 01-10-2005, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fezmid
All,
I asked a similar question a week or so ago and got no response. Hopefully I will get one this time... :)

My current pj (L300u) doesn't have HDMI. However, I'd like to try and futureproof by running an HDMI cable anyway.

My question is, is there a way to terminate this in a box? Are there HDMI plates that I just havn't seen?

Also, does it matter which cables I buy? I've seen Bluejeanscable.com and bettercables.com both mentioned on here. Are they both about the same?

Thanks.

CW
What kind of distances are you looking for with the cable?

If it is under 15', most HDMI cables will do the trick. For longer cables carrying hard signals like 1080P, a lot of the HDMI cables out there can't do the job.

Also for a greater degree of futureproofing then an HDMI cable has to offer, I'd recommend installing a conduit instead. HDMI's short-term future seems bright, but for the mid and long term it's far less clear.
post #4 of 6 Old 01-10-2005, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Bob - Thanks for the link! I especially like the HDMI and component video plate. It's a bit pricy, but looks pretty nice. The page says it's HDMI femaile to female -- so I'm assuming I connect the cable into the plate in the box, and then another cable from the projector into the plate. Looks cool.

Japanesegeek - My run is roughly 25'. Is that too long? I was thinking about buying the 30' cable from here: http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/dvi/dviprices.htm

I was thinking about doing conduit as well, just in case. But since HDMI looks like it's here to stay for awhile, I thought I'd run it now , just in case. I havn't quite figured out how the conduit works -- havn't seen anything to connect it to the low-voltage boxes, nor to connect multiple tubes of it together. I'm sure there's something out there, I just havn't been able to figure it out yet.

CW
post #5 of 6 Old 01-10-2005, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fezmid

Japanesegeek - My run is roughly 25'. Is that too long? I was thinking about buying the 30' cable from here: http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/dvi/dviprices.htm
CW
I haven't heard anything regarding that cable specifically, although Blue Jeans is a good company in general. I'd recommend with the Ultralink HDMI Pro Platinum Series cable, as I know people on this forum have tested it, and found it capable of doing 1080p even with DVI adapters on both ends.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-11-2005, 07:07 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Do you have a source for that particular make of cable? I did a search on froogle.com, and all three stores that were listed were out of stock :(

CW
Closed Thread Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page