Week 5 is over.
This week, we accomplished the following:
- taped and mudded the first layer of drywall. This was done by a different crew than the people who hung it. Like the people who hung it, this crew specialized in taping and mudding, and that's is pretty much all they do day-after-day.
- Hung second layer of drywall. Drywall is 1/2" Type-X. This comes in a 4' x 10' board, whereas the 5/8" came in standard 4' x 8' board. Hung by the original crew that hung the first layer. As mentioned previously, the second layer is glued to the first layer with Green Glue. Green Glue is applied at 100% coverage using the manufacturer-supplied trowel.
- Both first layer and second layer are installed horizontally. Seams are staggered like this (from top to bottom).
First layer, 4' x 8' board, then 4' x 8' board.
Second layer, 2' x 10' board, then 4' x 10' board, then 2' x 10' board.
- taped, mudded, and sanded the second layer of drywall. by the original crew that taped/mudded the first layer.
In the equipment closet, we accomplished the following:
- Hung, taped, mudded, and sanded drywall. The equipment closet only gets a single layer of 1/2" drywall non-type-x. the basic stuff used in standard construction.
- You might notice that the ceiling picture shows that 2 of the can lights are not cut out. This will be fixed next week by the builder and yes, it was an "oops".http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lawren...bum?.dir=/b251