A cool theater logo... print, project or animate. - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 1847 Old 05-18-2005, 09:21 AM
MWM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am currently in the rendering process and don't dare want to touch my home pc until it is finished. Just in case gliches were to appear as a result of.

In regards to the virtual dub process (I have yet to check the program out) I am guessing that my audio intro has to be the exact sync and timing of the video correct. That being said, do I have an option to fade the audio?

OR:

Can the video run endlessly until say the song is over or is this feasible while maintaining a quality appearance. ie. not jumping from the last frame back to the first. Not sure if I have explained any of this correctly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 1847 Old 05-18-2005, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I completed my video last night and showed my wife this morning. Let's just say she was very, very happy and that it's too bad she had to leave for work.

Thanks for all the help reaper!

Jerrod

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

psn: shookjer
post #183 of 1847 Old 05-18-2005, 11:15 AM

Reaper,

This is a really great idea! Thanks for being so generous and helping so many people out. I'll have to figure out a theater name that's going to stick and PM you.

post #184 of 1847 Old 05-18-2005, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 17
OK... guys... I have a confession to make. I noticed a tiny aberration in the video yesterday and have trying to decide if I should tell you guys or not. It's easy enough to fix and all the models I sent out yesterday do not have it. But it's quite a small thing and no one has complained, so I don't even know if it's worth mentioning. It's like one of those tiny little bugs. If no one ever mentions it, you'll never notice it. But once you've seen it, it might bother you a bit. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so I am re-rendering Alan's video right now. I've been debating about whether I should tell you guys about it. You guys decide. Do you want to know?

If so, I can tell you how to fix it but you would have to re-render your videos to get rid of it, of course. I knew something bad would happen since I have sent so many models out and they were untested... but it's pretty small...

Let me know guys..

reaper
post #185 of 1847 Old 05-18-2005, 12:06 PM

I want to know. Then I can decide whether I care enough to re-render.

Don
Professional Geek, HT Novice
post #186 of 1847 Old 05-18-2005, 12:18 PM
Advanced Member

I would like to know as well. I've been making some changes to the file and haven't noticed any imperfections.

-Sean

Sean
"I do not like the cone of shame"

post #187 of 1847 Old 05-18-2005, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Allright... here goes... don't read this post if you guys don't want to know.

The gentleman who built the original model tossed some 3d text of his name into the model. I'd post images of where you can see it if had my PC with me. But it is at home working on Alan's video right now. Anyways, this text shows up in the video as a straight line because it is so small.

You can see it as the camera pans past the big light that is front and center of the model. You'll see some kind of line that seems to be floating to the left of that light for no reason. Most people would never notice it. But once you've watched the video as many times as I have, you begin to catch small details.

"How do I fix it?"

I believe I left every model that I sent out in a specific view. That view is looking from the camera in the final position of the animation. If you bring up the model in blender and look just to the left of the light at the front of the model, you'll see a little yellow dot. *The light I am referring to is NOT the light very close to the text. It is back far away from the text and close to the path of the camera... but still centered on the model.* That dot is the center point of the text. If you point at it with your mouse pointer and right click it, you will select the text. Then, simply hit the delete button and save the model... perhaps under a different name (Save As) in case you messed up. Then you can click ANIM again and wait another day. So sorry guys... If I had known I would have fixed this upfront. My sincere apologies.

reaper
post #188 of 1847 Old 05-18-2005, 01:06 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I saw that in the FOX blender file and fixed it in mine when I was screwing around. I will have to check the file at home to see how big a deal it is. I haven't watched the whole clip yet.

Too bad it isn't so easy to rerender 10-15 frames and drop them in to replace existing frames.

post #189 of 1847 Old 05-18-2005, 01:13 PM
AVS Club Gold

I just saw it. Man, lots of frames had it in it. Too bad. I guess I need to figure out how to select it and delete it so I can rerender the animation.

By the way, the one I saw in the FOX file was different. It was some guy's full name behind the second line of text, I think. I don't recall how I pulled it up, though.

post #190 of 1847 Old 05-18-2005, 01:19 PM

Liked: 11
you know what.. i was wondering what that was.. i saw it in mine. when i froze it and zoomed in it looked like text, and i said to myself, this would be a cool place to add a copyright or name.. hehehe
i dont mind that its there at all.. im sure nobody will notice sitting 8' away from the screen

EDIT: i just rezoomed in.. it says "matt hoecker"
hehehehehehehe

usuable but never done
post #191 of 1847 Old 05-18-2005, 01:28 PM
AVS Club Gold

That was the name in the text I saw.

post #192 of 1847 Old 05-18-2005, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Well, you guys seem to be taking it pretty well. I was worried I'd have pitchforks and burning torches at my doorstep after you guys rendered your videos and it took so long. But, like you said, I don't think people would ever really notice it. I just had to be upfront and let people know what it was. That's my personality.
post #193 of 1847 Old 05-18-2005, 02:05 PM

Great job on the intros reaper!

While looking at these I got the idea to try a little post processing effects with a neat product called Particle Illusion. It is a very versatile tool you can use on videos and still shots to add lots of things such as fireworks, fire, smoke, stars, and fantasy objects. You could easily modify your home movies and have a light saber fight with your uncle Ralph (if you have an uncle Ralph). It is lightning fast and a professional grade product.

This is not a free tool, but you can download a 30 day fully working demo of Particle Illusion SE for Windows. That would give you time to play with it to see if it was worth purchasing. You would also have plenty of time to add effects to the theater intro or to other files before the demo expired.

I added some fireworks to the samplel video that reaper posted for Alan Gouger. Here are a couple of still frames with effects added from PI SE.

This is a great tool and loads of fun to play with. The Wondertouch site also has hundreds of free particle emitters available for download.

You can see a highly compressed ht intro video with fireworks here The file is a 2.2 mb wmv file.

I don't see how you could resist playing with this, reaper.

post #194 of 1847 Old 05-18-2005, 02:15 PM

Tom,
That's pretty cool

"The difficult we do immediately. The impossible will take a week, ten days at the most."
post #195 of 1847 Old 05-18-2005, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

post #196 of 1847 Old 05-18-2005, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

post #197 of 1847 Old 05-18-2005, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

latntekky

I followed your steps to create some TS files. I ended up with an empty AUDIO_TS dir and an full VIDEO_TS dir. I decided to try to get these files to run on my standalone DVD player. I checked out some normal DVDs and noticed that these AUDIO_TS dirs and VIDEO_TS dirs are at the top level of the disc. So, I started with a blak CD and burned the VIDEO_TS dir directly onto the disc.

I rushed to my player and tried it out. It thought about it for quite some time before deciding it could not read that file.

Then, I thought, maybe it needs to see that empty AUDIO_TS dir too. So, I added it onto the CD I had just burned and put it back into the player. It still did nothing.

I am thinking that there could be one of 3 problems going on here:

1. I cannot burn these files onto a CD disk and have the player recognize it.
2. I cannot burn these 2 dirs in two seperate sessions as I did and need to re-do it in 1 session.
3. My player is victim to the warning I read during this process that some DVD players NEED a menu system.

What do you think? I am trying to get this data ready for Alan. I don't want to mail him a CD that is useless to him. Do you think he'll be able to grab the VIDEO_TS dir and run it on his video server? MY laptop will run it just fine. Do I need to do something else like burn these files onto a DVD disk? Any help would be appreciated.

reaper
post #198 of 1847 Old 05-18-2005, 11:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks reaper for my Ces-A-Plex image.

The Wife was totally impressed, Heaps better than my attempt.
I Very Much Appreciate the time you have put into it for me.

Cheers
Steve

Sharp and Detailed Images To You All
post #199 of 1847 Old 05-19-2005, 04:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Reaper you can't burn dvd compliant files unto a a blank cd.You would have to burn them unto a blank dvd-r or dvd=r for this to work.Also you MUST have the blank audio directory for this to work.This would be a compliant dvd.Use Nero to burn this and do it as dvd video.

brickie

AM I THE ONLY OASIS IN THE DESERT OF STUPIDITY......" SIR BRICKENBOCKER"
post #200 of 1847 Old 05-19-2005, 05:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

So, I basically just need to grab a blank DVD disc and burn both the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS dirs to that disk. Then it will work? Anything about dvd-r or dvd+r, etc?

reap
post #201 of 1847 Old 05-19-2005, 05:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

You're welcome HK-Steve
post #202 of 1847 Old 05-19-2005, 05:55 AM

Reaper

heres what you do next.
the files that you created are dvd only files. if you have a DVD writer, open up nero and select DVD from the drop down box on the left.
next select "DVD VIDEO"
nero will automaticallly create the 2 folders for you and all you have to do is select the files inside "VIDEO_TS" folder and drag/drop them into that same folder in nero. Leave "AUDIO_TS" empty, that folder is needed even though its empty.. Reason it needs to be there is because old dvd players look for that folder in order to play a dvd.

burn the dvd and your done.

as far as media. you can use any media to do this. DVD-R, DVD+R, etc.. its all in what your dvd player supports. id stick with DVD-R. it has the widest support out there since it was the first dvd media created.

if you dont have a dvd burner and want to play this from HTPC -----
theres still hope. within WinDVD or PowerDVD, you have the ability of playing files instead of a dvd/cd.. just select the VOB files and hit play.

Quote:

Originally posted by reaper

I am thinking that there could be one of 3 problems going on here:

1. I cannot burn these files onto a CD disk and have the player recognize it.
2. I cannot burn these 2 dirs in two seperate sessions as I did and need to re-do it in 1 session.
3. My player is victim to the warning I read during this process that some DVD players NEED a menu system.

usuable but never done
post #203 of 1847 Old 05-19-2005, 06:15 AM

Reaper,
Just re-rendered the file, inserted the audio file and it looks/sounds great!
I appreciate all your effort, especially since it is taking away from your theater fabrication.

As a token of appreciation, check your Paypal account.

Best regards
Don

"The difficult we do immediately. The impossible will take a week, ten days at the most."
post #204 of 1847 Old 05-19-2005, 06:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Originally posted by Dcostanza
Reaper,
Just re-rendered the file, inserted the audio file and it looks/sounds great!
I appreciate all your effort, especially since it is taking away from your theater fabrication.

As a token of appreciation, check your Paypal account.

Best regards
Don

Outstanding! My first donation!! Very much appreciated, Don. Glad you like the intro. Thank you. It is going straight to my projector fund.

reaper
post #205 of 1847 Old 05-19-2005, 06:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

latntekky,

I have access to a friend's DVD burner but I don't know if he has and authoring software. Would it be good enough to simply copy the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS dirs straight to the DVD-R disc with a simple explorer type program?
post #206 of 1847 Old 05-19-2005, 07:27 AM

Reaper,

If the video fits on a CD and you can't get the DVD piece figured out then you can mail me the CD and I can put on a DVD for you and/or Alan. I could download it as well but not sure if you can host it anywhere.
post #207 of 1847 Old 05-19-2005, 07:41 AM

well. you dont need authoring software on the pc that has the burner
so technically you can take your files and burn it on a normal cd to transport the files.. whatever burner software they use it has to be burned as "DVD VIDEO". dont think it will work as normal DVDRom cd with the 2 folders. i think there may be a special format that the dvd is burned at to achieve playability on standalones.. (dont quote me on that, im not 100% sure)

like albrigsr said.. if you want you can post the files and we can burn it for you. the files themselves are small.. so it will be a quick download

usuable but never done
post #208 of 1847 Old 05-19-2005, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

post #209 of 1847 Old 05-19-2005, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Quote:

Reaper,

Wow, looks great!! Looking forward to seeing it animated. Too cool.

Bud

Check out a video of my  

post #210 of 1847 Old 05-19-2005, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:

latntekky,

I have access to a friend's DVD burner but I don't know if he has and authoring software. Would it be good enough to simply copy the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS dirs straight to the DVD-R disc with a simple explorer type program?

All he needs to have is the burner and some burning software - Nero is a favorite and I believe there is a 30 day trial. Choose DVD and just drag-n-drop your two folders to the creation section in nero. Click Burn and enjoy!

Visit the

2.0 done and finally posted! - 

And now...
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page