the definitive Grafik Eye master thread!! - Page 51 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
post #1501 of 1513 Old 02-27-2015, 10:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jautor View Post
I just connected my GrafikEye to iRule via IR using the GC-100, but you'll need to add the Ethernet adapter in iRule as a Gateway (like the GC-100 is). Then hopefully there's already a set of "network" commands in the GrafikEye device for iRule - otherwise you'll have to add those.

Jeff
So after doing some more research last night I came across a post on the Global Cache site which described connected the IR directly into the Grafik Eye (via cutting the blaster off) then hooking it to the GC100. Is this how you are doing it? If this IR method works, then I am trying to find a compelling reason to even keep the Ethernet adapter in the picture.

You mentioned entering the codes into iRule. How would I come about these codes? I've configured my iRule but not from a hard core code perspective. In the device look up, looks like only the IR commands are available.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1502 of 1513 Old 02-27-2015, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 537 Post(s)
Liked: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Rosser Byorick View Post
So after doing some more research last night I came across a post on the Global Cache site which described connected the IR directly into the Grafik Eye (via cutting the blaster off) then hooking it to the GC100. Is this how you are doing it? If this IR method works, then I am trying to find a compelling reason to even keep the Ethernet adapter in the picture.
Yes, my GrafikEye is a QS model that has the IR input on the back. So I ran a piece of PELV wire from there, eventually to the GC-100. Once I figured out that this would work, yeah, I passed on the $$ Ethernet interface module.

Quote:
You mentioned entering the codes into iRule. How would I come about these codes? I've configured my iRule but not from a hard core code perspective. In the device look up, looks like only the IR commands are available.
You'd need to add them, by copying the IP commands from the Lutron API documentation into the iRule definition for the GrafikEye. The documentation is available from the Lutron site (don't have it handy).

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht
post #1503 of 1513 Old 03-18-2015, 07:22 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Rosser Byorick View Post

Cheers
Please let me know how this turned out Ryan. I am getting ready to do the same thing.

Thx
post #1504 of 1513 Old 03-18-2015, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Lutron DFDU Dimmable Receptacles - Electrical Wire and Daisy Chaining Them

I'm wiring my room now for my Rope Lights which will be connected to the Lutron Grafik Eye QS.

I'm going to be using the Lutron DFDU Dimmable Receptacles for the rope lights to plug into.

Question 1:

Will 14/2 wire work to connect the Lutron DFDU Dimmable Receptacles to the Grafik Eye?

Question 2:

Can Lutron DFDU Dimmable Receptacles be daisy chained?
post #1505 of 1513 Old 03-24-2015, 10:01 AM

Can anyone clarify if a Cat5 cable can be used to connect a IR Receiver Blaster to a Grafik Eye QS IR Ouput?
I know that Cat 5 is 4 pairs of twisted wires, but can I use "two" 2) of the twisted pairs to connect to the Grafik Eye QS IR Output "IR Com" and "IR Data".

In other words, one of the twisted pair can go into "IR Com" and the one other twisted pair can go to "IR Data"???
post #1506 of 1513 Old 03-27-2015, 01:56 PM

Just noticed this while reading the specs on my Grafik Eye QS-J (wireless).

The max load for each of my zones is not 800, but 500?
And the max load for the entire Grafik Eye QS (wireless version - J) is 2300??? (mine is a 6 zone)

Can someone confirm?

http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...0Submittal.pdf

post #1507 of 1513 Old 03-30-2015, 09:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXLCMT View Post
Just noticed this while reading the specs on my Grafik Eye QS-J (wireless).

The max load for each of my zones is not 800, but 500?
And the max load for the entire Grafik Eye QS (wireless version - J) is 2300??? (mine is a 6 zone)

Can someone confirm?

http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...0Submittal.pdf

This document (page 1) seems to state differently (800W for 120V system, 1200W for the 240V).

Do you actually have the 240V model? Try to find your full model number in the documentation to be sure which it is. There are so many models it is confusing.

http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...20Eye%20QS.pdf

Disclosure: I am no expert but wanted to help. I've read a lot of this thread lately as I recently purchased a 3506.
post #1508 of 1513 Old 03-30-2015, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dllewel View Post
This document (page 1) seems to state differently (800W for 120V system, 1200W for the 240V).

Do you actually have the 240V model? Try to find your full model number in the documentation to be sure which it is. There are so many models it is confusing.

Disclosure: I am no expert but wanted to help. I've read a lot of this thread lately as I recently purchased a 3506.
Thanks Dllewel:

This is my exact model:
Lutron QSGRJ-6P-WH 6- zone GRAFIK Eye QS Wireless Main Unit
post #1509 of 1513 Old 03-30-2015, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
That model (QSGRJ-6P) is listed in the documentation link I provided, so it should be a good reference for you. Here it is again:

The document shows on page 4 that it can be wired to either 120-127V or 220-240V so it appears that unit is compatible with either type. So depending on what voltage you are connecting it to at your breaker, the Wattage for the total unit and per zone is shown on page 1. Read through it and hopefully it will provide what you need. Best of luck to you AXLCMT.
post #1510 of 1513 Old 03-31-2015, 08:12 AM

When connecting a few dimmable outlets to one zone on my Grafik Eye QS, which will be powering 3-4 dimmable rope lights, do I need to look into buying a "driver" somewhere in the equation to make all of this work?

I admit I am clueless about a lot of the Grafik Eye specifications, but I thought I read somewhere in these forums that a "driver" is needed.

Also, I had an electrcian come out to give an estimate and said that he would need to verify which model dimmable rope lights I will be using to help him figure out which "drivers" he need to buy to make the rope light dimmable by the Grafik Eye QS.
post #1511 of 1513 Old 04-01-2015, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 537 Post(s)
Liked: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXLCMT View Post
When connecting a few dimmable outlets to one zone on my Grafik Eye QS, which will be powering 3-4 dimmable rope lights, do I need to look into buying a "driver" somewhere in the equation to make all of this work?
What kind of rope lights? LED or incandescent? 120VAC or 12/24VDC? That will make all the difference...

120VAC rope light can be run directly from the GrafikEye as long as you meet the load min/max specs. DC loads will need a driver.

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht
post #1512 of 1513 Old 04-22-2015, 06:23 AM

post #1513 of 1513 Unread Today, 08:53 AM

Just a question for all of you Grafik Eye "QSers"

With the Raco 698 4 gang box, and the installation of the Grafik Eye QS, as far as the wiring goes, which "punch outs" do you punch through on the Raco 698, and take out to allow the wires to enter the box?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page