the definitive Grafik Eye master thread!! - Page 51 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #1501 of 1502 Old Today, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jautor View Post
I just connected my GrafikEye to iRule via IR using the GC-100, but you'll need to add the Ethernet adapter in iRule as a Gateway (like the GC-100 is). Then hopefully there's already a set of "network" commands in the GrafikEye device for iRule - otherwise you'll have to add those.

Jeff
So after doing some more research last night I came across a post on the Global Cache site which described connected the IR directly into the Grafik Eye (via cutting the blaster off) then hooking it to the GC100. Is this how you are doing it? If this IR method works, then I am trying to find a compelling reason to even keep the Ethernet adapter in the picture.

You mentioned entering the codes into iRule. How would I come about these codes? I've configured my iRule but not from a hard core code perspective. In the device look up, looks like only the IR commands are available.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1502 of 1502 Old Today, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 447 Post(s)
Liked: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Rosser Byorick View Post
So after doing some more research last night I came across a post on the Global Cache site which described connected the IR directly into the Grafik Eye (via cutting the blaster off) then hooking it to the GC100. Is this how you are doing it? If this IR method works, then I am trying to find a compelling reason to even keep the Ethernet adapter in the picture.
Yes, my GrafikEye is a QS model that has the IR input on the back. So I ran a piece of PELV wire from there, eventually to the GC-100. Once I figured out that this would work, yeah, I passed on the $$ Ethernet interface module.

Quote:
You mentioned entering the codes into iRule. How would I come about these codes? I've configured my iRule but not from a hard core code perspective. In the device look up, looks like only the IR commands are available.
You'd need to add them, by copying the IP commands from the Lutron API documentation into the iRule definition for the GrafikEye. The documentation is available from the Lutron site (don't have it handy).

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction