post #451 of 610 Old 12-04-2006, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorris644 View Post

Whadya know, you are back up on the first page again!!

I think the spa stuff looks really cool and it WORKS!!!!!

Joe

I wont be here long, might get interesting soon though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 610 Old 12-04-2006, 12:36 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 49
All I see is the chicks in bathing suits out there. Much more interesting than home theater. Really a beautiful home,lot ,theater.................

Art

My HT

iRule rules my theater

"If she's amazing she won't be easy,if she's easy she won't be amazing"

Bob Marley

post #453 of 610 Old 12-04-2006, 03:06 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark P View Post

The wife didnt think it was very funny but I have to incorperate that thing somewhere. Explosion = steam rising and Im in like Flint

ROFL... I love that animation as well.

Quote:

Also can I edit your main page with weather, phone and calander, Ive tried with little luck

Sure you can. Just make sure you edit the 0019_home.mls and not the 0019_home_nav.mls. What are you attempting to change?

BTW Mark... my wife gave me an early Christmas present, the Xbox 360 Premium. Microsoft, for once, hit the nail on the head. It's stellar and now rates as my #1 piece of hardware in the theater as well.
post #454 of 610 Old 12-04-2006, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn View Post

All I see is the chicks in bathing suits out there. Much more interesting than home theater. Really a beautiful home,lot ,theater.................

Art

I can say with confidence that theres been entertainment coming from both spanning from comedy to drama.
post #455 of 610 Old 12-04-2006, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccessHA View Post

ROFL... I love that animation as well.

Sure you can. Just make sure you edit the 0019_home.mls and not the 0019_home_nav.mls. What are you attempting to change?

BTW Mark... my wife gave me an early Christmas present, the Xbox 360 Premium. Microsoft, for once, hit the nail on the head. It's stellar and now rates as my #1 piece of hardware in the theater as well.

LOL AccessHA,
The night I found it, everytime she walked by I hit er with the ole KaBlooey, must have got a record on eyerolls. I need to get that out of there.

" Hey dear, could you go turn on the Hot Tub???.........pause.........KaBlooooooeyy......... Honey, yyy, y,...........wha, huh, I didnt do anything?"

Did you get "Gears of War" yet? the online is very, very fun. And yes the crappy little dvd add on is the best DVD player I have ever owned. The DLed movies are a disappointment so far, took 18 hours to grab the Unforgiven.
post #456 of 610 Old 12-04-2006, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccessHA View Post

Sorry, the explosion got me all excited, I want to put current temp and cloud,sun icons in other spots as well as change the size of the calender and caller ID. maybe re-arrange the whole thing.
post #457 of 610 Old 12-04-2006, 04:11 PM

Quote:

Sorry, the explosion got me all excited, I want to put current temp and cloud,sun icons in other spots as well as change the size of the calender and caller ID. maybe re-arrange the whole thing.

It has that affect.

Yeah, it's pretty simple to do. I've customized mine in a similar fashion. I've increased the size of the CallerID image and enlarged the CallerID info as well. Even on a 15" screen the original was too small for my eyes to see.

Once you open the 0019_home.mls, just hit F9 and click the Design button. Then drag and drop everything into their new position. To change their size, just click Edit and modify the CallerID image and Calendar properties.
post #458 of 610 Old 12-04-2006, 04:24 PM

Quote:

Did you get "Gears of War" yet? the online is very, very fun. And yes the crappy little dvd add on is the best DVD player I have ever owned. The DLed movies are a disappointment so far, took 18 hours to grab the Unforgiven.

Yeah... Gears was the first title I picked up and it's amazing. Still messing around with campaign mode but look forward to getting online.

I agree on the slow downloads... still better than waiting overnight for Netflix. I'm sure MS will get the kinks worked out, maybe move to a torrent type solution.
post #459 of 610 Old 12-06-2006, 02:32 PM

Liked: 11
Mark P,
Spent a couple of hours reading your thread (actually my entire workday ). This place is getting fairly addivtive, I started on SandmanX thread and after countless hours to complete, moved to your thread. Though you have been hearing it all the time, I have to say this: mind blowing HT build!

After reading thru your and Ruben's efforts at automation, the two of you have motivated me to automate my dinky rental apartment w/ roomates Now I just need to figure out if its going to be feasible and how its going to affect my planned purchases of an Anthem MCA50 and 20.

sCiEnt
post #460 of 610 Old 12-11-2006, 06:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mark,

Have you or Ruben found what you determine to be the best remote yet? I saw that Ruben sold his Q1.

Joe

Starting Research for new Theater. New Theater will be 24x36x12.

The link to my previous theater build :) Theater

A Proud Father >
Daughter's Music
post #461 of 610 Old 12-11-2006, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I guess it depends, one without a hard drive I havent found. This area is a real crapper as far as Im concerned. I search and called around for days and days and ended up with the Tablet Kiosk Sahara for whole house and their i7209 UMPC for the theater. None of the stuff I have would probably make you happy because its heavy, The Sahara is pretty sweet, quiet, fast (with a gig of ram) and I found out they actually build the Nobus and other brands and are the only thing I found that I like. In January they are introducing their new models which supposedly have nice docks as well as a 10" model but Im really liking this Sahara. It measures 11.5"x 8.5 x 1" and is all screen with a 3/4" border and it really looks sleek on its presentation screen even plugged in. I really liked the fact mine came without any emblems on it

In the theater I am just going to build the 7" in a popup thing at the captains chair. It will lay flat and when you push down it will raise up, I have yet to play with it much but its loud and blows some heat when running Mainlobby, it needed a gig of ram as well I think.

With the Graphics Im attempting , I need fast and want instant screens so I went hard drive. My MX950 works pretty good and looks nice as well and would be able to handle most everything as well. Tablet Kiosk is sending me an email when these new products come out, they sound very appealing.

What you're looking for though, I never found it. No help here
post #462 of 610 Old 12-11-2006, 07:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sCiEnt View Post

Mark P,
Spent a couple of hours reading your thread (actually my entire workday ). This place is getting fairly addivtive, I started on SandmanX thread and after countless hours to complete, moved to your thread. Though you have been hearing it all the time, I have to say this: mind blowing HT build!

After reading thru your and Ruben's efforts at automation, the two of you have motivated me to automate my dinky rental apartment w/ roomates Now I just need to figure out if its going to be feasible and how its going to affect my planned purchases of an Anthem MCA50 and 20.

Automation is consuming my life and Im putting an end to it soon but so far I have about 90% done. seems Cinemars new Insteon plugin is working and doing what I needed it to do. I got CQC this weekend just to have around and play with when I get a chance because I want to control some things from a cell phone and I am not sure if Cinemar does this or not. I think I plan on using both and migrating between which ever handles something the best, from what I understand this is do-able. CQC doubled in price today so I figured I better snatch it up, I have seen some impressive demos of what it can do, whether I can do it or not is another question. Cinemar is working pretty good for most things now, If I wasnt such a stickler about my scenes I would be done but I keep improving and changing them
post #463 of 610 Old 12-11-2006, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I guess it depends, one without a hard drive I havent found. This area is a real crapper as far as Im concerned. I search and called around for days and days and ended up with the Tablet Kiosk Sahara for whole house and their i7209 UMPC for the theater. None of the stuff I have would probably make you happy because its heavy, The Sahara is pretty sweet, quiet, fast (with a gig of ram) and I found out they actually build the Nobus and other brands and are the only thing I found that I like. In January they are introducing their new models which supposedly have nice docks as well as a 10" model but Im really liking this Sahara. It measures 11.5"x 8.5 x 1" and is all screen with a 3/4" border and it really looks sleek on its presentation screen even plugged in. I really liked the fact mine came without any emblems on it

In the theater I am just going to build the 7" in a popup thing at the captains chair. It will lay flat and when you push down it will raise up, I have yet to play with it much but its loud and blows some heat when running Mainlobby, it needed a gig of ram as well I think.

With the Graphics Im attempting , I need fast and want instant screens so I went hard drive. My MX950 works pretty good and looks nice as well and would be able to handle most everything as well. Tablet Kiosk is sending me an email when these new products come out, they sound very appealing.

What you're looking for though, I never found it. No help here

Those are really nice. I bet they look good on the table too. A little pricey for me though.

Joe

A Proud Father >
Daughter's Music
post #464 of 610 Old 12-11-2006, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Those are really nice. I bet they look good on the table too. A little pricey for me though.

Joe

Yeah they are pricey considering I probably spent 20 hours just trying to find something that wasnt pricey. I spent an entire day trying to chase down the Nobus and finally found they were made by Tablet Kiosk, talk about a waste. Good luck, I finally said to heck with searching for the Holy Grail, its not out there.
post #465 of 610 Old 12-14-2006, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

You know, with the terminal emulation software I told you about a PocketPC would ahve the full capabilities and speed of a PC.

You only have a 3.4x4" screen but they come with nice docking stations and hard buttons that can be programmed.

Just a thought. I am going to give it a try.

Joe

A Proud Father >
Daughter's Music
post #466 of 610 Old 12-14-2006, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

link? If its running PPC software it wont work with ML
post #467 of 610 Old 12-14-2006, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

link? If its running PPC software it wont work with ML

Didn't you find the email with the link in it? I don't have it here at work.

Also, it WILL work if the pda is running PPC. So there.

I have tested it and it works. I just need to see if I can create a scene of the correct size that makes sense. Hopefully tonight.

Joe

A Proud Father >
Daughter's Music
post #468 of 610 Old 12-21-2006, 05:23 AM

Hi guys,

Mark, your theatre is awesome blah, blah blah, I am sure you have heard enough of that.

How is the whole house automation coming along? While reading through this I do not remember any mentioning whole house audio. Did any of you guys incorporate this into your designs and how did you do it?

Also, while reading in other threads Mark mentioned that the possible interfaces were inadequate for his expectations and I was kinda feeling the same. I was thinking of perhaps trying some of the software suites that you guys have been talking about for home automation (CQC, Cinemar), incorporating it with my audio system (most likely Digilinx), and designing my own interface. Digilinx has a very nice interface but it does not play very well with other systems.

Anyways, we're are all waiting for Mark to finish his theatre and invite us over for a demo, when will that happen? Who knows.

Another tidbit i read earlier on in this thread was about Windows Media Center Edition on a HTPC. Windows Vista is being released Jan. 30th 2007 and the Home Premium and Ultimate editions will have the new Media Center built in. I am very excited to play with the final release but even more excited to see what developers will be working on in the new year for this platform.

I didn't want to hi-jack this thread but since your project seems to be ongoing you may want to keep an eye out for Home control sulutions using the Vista Media Center as your interface (transparencies, animations, glassy look and feel)
post #469 of 610 Old 12-21-2006, 07:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by styxx_78 View Post

Hi guys,

Mark, your theatre is awesome blah, blah blah, I am sure you have heard enough of that.

How is the whole house automation coming along? While reading through this I do not remember any mentioning whole house audio. Did any of you guys incorporate this into your designs and how did you do it?

Also, while reading in other threads Mark mentioned that the possible interfaces were inadequate for his expectations and I was kinda feeling the same. I was thinking of perhaps trying some of the software suites that you guys have been talking about for home automation (CQC, Cinemar), incorporating it with my audio system (most likely Digilinx), and designing my own interface. Digilinx has a very nice interface but it does not play very well with other systems.

Anyways, we're are all waiting for Mark to finish his theatre and invite us over for a demo, when will that happen? Who knows.

Another tidbit i read earlier on in this thread was about Windows Media Center Edition on a HTPC. Windows Vista is being released Jan. 30th 2007 and the Home Premium and Ultimate editions will have the new Media Center built in. I am very excited to play with the final release but even more excited to see what developers will be working on in the new year for this platform.

I didn't want to hi-jack this thread but since your project seems to be ongoing you may want to keep an eye out for Home control sulutions using the Vista Media Center as your interface (transparencies, animations, glassy look and feel)

Whole house minus security is done but Im just not a security kind of guy even though I need some practice for the upcoming event which kicked in yesterday you may have read about in the other automation thread over yonder. I put up security cameras as to know if someone Im expecting is at the back door, or basically find the wife and/or kids/friends. This was an important phase to learn for reasons other than security in my upcoming projects. Two of them are pretty cold for half the year and people will be able to see if Valet has arrived, in the northern case this is Dog Sled. My "boss" is out dog sledding across and around some areas now picking his teams, he was like a little kid at the meetings yesterday almost impatient to wrap up as to get started. I need to playing with GPS tracking as well to go on the sleds themselves so If wives or guests stay back at the suites, they will know where the sleds are in conjunction with the town or just plain emergency situations. We arent having any of this stuff like whats going on up on our news worthy Hill here in Oregon. I didnt want to get into any of this stuff over there in the other thread since it appears to offend a couple of the members over there. I think a CQC guy is doing this very same thing with GPS tracking , his name is Squintz if I recall properly. People that want to discuss interfaces over here are welcome to though, you cant hijack this thread, I did that long ago.

My interfaces are coming along except the point discussed about not being modern like the interfaces in the PS3, Windows Media Center, X360, TIVOs and well, everything except automation screens. It was a little suprising to me that a group were actually satisfied with the present stage of interface design. Ruben ( SandmanX) and I have had several discussions about this outside the forums and I have had these discussions with dozens of others regarding this. I think Cinemar may understand to a point incorporating Flash and the owner being in the business of flash. There are no doubts I need both programs to achieve complete success so Im on a slippery slope of whos operatng what but the reality is at times I think CQC is going to be running Cinemar (cellphone call operates things back at the room is about it, maybe the GPS tracking as well)

My whole house audio is done and controllable via USB-uirt and wireless transmitters of the IR blast, it works very well but does not allow of the use of ripped tunes from the server and never will at this location, 200 cd changers and preset FM is the choice I have but works well. I have total control of other Media device spread about and all are operated via touchscreen. Thankfully the places Im using this stuff in the future can be hard wired, the choice of wireless touchscreens is null and void, another thing strange to me in the automation world.

I doubt anyone wants to hear why I attempted/ing all this but lets just say all this has been experimentation for other avenues Im approaching starting full bore yesterday. Unfortunately I didnt finish the Theater but even it was pratice for whats being implemented into 3 other projects. Its not far off but we just dont have much time to kick back and watch movies much. I am also waiting to see how my counterpart the Interior Design Architect deals with the 1850s building since there is a theater in there that sort of reflects the period Im after anyway. Some of my ideas are being implemented into these projects. Again I built everything as to play in a sandbox and learn more than having a Theater so finishing has been slow since I learned most things I needed in the first couple weeks last year

Im coming along pretty good though, Im going to inform the son its his baby now and see how far he gets with Flash and such. He understands all the programing and such since unlike me, he got an early start in technology/ PCs and has been exposed more in his first 16 years of life than I have since the inception of the PC in the 80s.

I dont think either of these products are tested in Vista and hopefully the work, if not, I guess they better hurry up and get up to speed, I always had a feeling Microsoft was going to attack this area considering the type of people they are employing. A couple friends of mine were snatched up by them and they cant disclose what it is they do so thats sort of exciting, maybe we will see some of it in Vista. I think we are getting ready to take the next step in making everything we all own obsolete yet again very, very soon.
post #470 of 610 Old 12-21-2006, 07:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I do extensive research into what appeals to people Architectually so all replies to this thread have been valuable beyond comprehension, I thank each and everyone of you for responding including the PMs received from valuable members of this forum. When certain people show such interest I will see what I can do to get some of you a couple days stay at any location youre near including here when its done.
post #471 of 610 Old 01-01-2007, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Here you go Ruben,
hope this helps

post #472 of 610 Old 01-01-2007, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member

You know Mark,

If you are going to attempt to be a hand model you should probably clean under the fingernails first!!

Joe

A Proud Father >
Daughter's Music
post #473 of 610 Old 01-01-2007, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 14
which cameras are you using for the outdoor shots? IP based?

I don't really like talking about my flair

My Home Theater Project:
post #474 of 610 Old 01-01-2007, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You know Mark,

If you are going to attempt to be a hand model you should probably clean under the fingernails first!!

Joe

Or not pour concrete right before hand modeling. Didnt quite finish the night before due to early New Years eve festivities and wanted to get it done before my Games kicked off at 8:30 and I remembered I promised Ruben Id get this done and had I put it off one minute longer I would have completely forgot. I have a terrible habit of hand trowling when in a hurry.

I will have you know Im in the running for best manicured Horse Rancher on this hill.
post #475 of 610 Old 01-01-2007, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barhoram View Post

which cameras are you using for the outdoor shots? IP based?

The outdoor Panasonics, cant remember what the model #s are but its something something 371. I like them alot, they have audio and zoom which both have come in handy several times. The picture is pretty phenominal even at night. I assigned static IPs to them and can see them local network or web based.

You can see the thick fog we had this morning, outside you could barely see 50' it was so thick
post #476 of 610 Old 01-01-2007, 06:51 PM

yea was bout to say, what u have a smoke machine outside, or could of been steam comming off the pool.. but wow fog that thick must be awsome to play marko polo in.. HAH.. i tried to call you couple times was working in the room today..
post #477 of 610 Old 01-01-2007, 10:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

You can see the thick fog we had this morning, outside you could barely see 50' it was so thick

I remember being at my friends house in Ripon, CA years ago for the weekend. We knew the fog would be bad, but when I woke up and was asked to see if the paperboy delivered the newspaper that day, I was shocked when I went out and literally could not see the ground as I was walking. Strange stuff.

Scott

post #478 of 610 Old 01-02-2007, 06:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BocaPimp View Post

yea was bout to say, what u have a smoke machine outside, or could of been steam comming off the pool.. but wow fog that thick must be awsome to play marko polo in.. HAH.. i tried to call you couple times was working in the room today..

Yeah, my cell phone was off due to being a College Football fanatic and everyone always wants to call and hitting pause all the time really ruins games. ( mostly all my friends that are Beaver, Duck, USC and wolverweenie fans talking smack since Im a rabid Husker fan since around 69)

So the Cell Phone goes bye-bye anytime theres a game on, What ya need? Be sure to ask in your thread, theres a million more around here that know more than me and they are probably back after the Holiday weekend.
post #479 of 610 Old 01-02-2007, 06:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVonhof View Post

I remember being at my friends house in Ripon, CA years ago for the weekend. We knew the fog would be bad, but when I woke up and was asked to see if the paperboy delivered the newspaper that day, I was shocked when I went out and literally could not see the ground as I was walking. Strange stuff.

We are usually just above the fog line here but the last 3 days its been a nightmare, they forecasted sun so I line up a bunch of sun projects Ive put off for 2 months now and it popped out for 1 day and caught me with my pants down. Mostly a bunch of small concrete pads around auto waterers for horses and 2,000 of 3 rail fence and asphalt road. This weather is starting to chap my hide. The fog is so thick it might as well be rain
post #480 of 610 Old 01-04-2007, 07:25 PM
SmX
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Thanks Mark for the great comparison pictures.

I think I'm going to pick up a 12" one instead. Does yours have a built in stand or is that an optional dock?

This is a picture Cinemar or Tabletkiosk should use on their website. Just color correct it a bit and it's like a studio picture.

Ruben

Follow SmX on Facebook

SmX Video Projection Screens and Masking Systems
WWW.SMXSCREEN.COM
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page