post #601 of 610 Old 05-06-2014, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark P View Post

Im not sure how long the spline holds up so I may look into some way to adhere a finishing strip but I really don't know what that would be.

Spline should hold up fine. I made a DIY AT curved screen with the track and spline method and it has held up fine over the years. Never needed to re-do it and tension seems to be just as good as the day I finished it.

Everything looks great btw.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 610 Old 05-06-2014, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Well.....

We are a rocks throw from each other........interesting to see your theater has morphed into something else....

Nice job on glass!

My Build Threads

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #603 of 610 Old 05-10-2014, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Final Glass installed, sort of milked that one over a long time. Hopefully the wife gets it washed someday.

IMG_0885_zps9779c6e6.jpg

post #604 of 610 Old 05-18-2014, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuner View Post

You haven't posted pics in a long time. Is it complete? How about of the karaoke setup?
Its not complete, we are having test runs to get feedback and its a good thing, we have made changes each time and this time I think we have it nailed down as to what works before ordering carpet. We invited 15 people that had never met but thought they might like to try singing and stuff. Age 15, 22-30, 50, and 60 and I shot a little video while doing mic checks and messing with tweaks before the last people showed up. Only one person had really done any singing in front of people and it's probably obvious who.

post #605 of 610 Old 05-23-2014, 06:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

We also decided to build our own seating, lots of great ideas flying around and we have demoed dozens of seating ideas and none are really perfect without sacrificing something, The wife is rolling her eyes on a newbie seamstress but we have faith in her. Anyone build their own seating yet and if so did you just make ultra thick fusions or web where the cushions go?

post #606 of 610 Old 05-23-2014, 10:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark P View Post

We also decided to build our own seating, lots of great ideas flying around and we have demoed dozens of seating ideas and none are really perfect without sacrificing something, The wife is rolling her eyes on a newbie seamstress but we have faith in her. Anyone build their own seating yet and if so did you just make ultra thick fusions or web where the cushions go?

Cool idea but I've never seen it done. What kind of seats are you trying for ?

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #607 of 610 Old 05-23-2014, 12:59 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 618
there was a thread a while back from a guy who built his own theater seating, maybe someone will remember.

PROJECTS:

post #608 of 610 Old 05-23-2014, 01:42 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 21
This guy?

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1328087/my-diy-home-theater-chairs

post #609 of 610 Old 05-23-2014, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post

Cool idea but I've never seen it done. What kind of seats are you trying for ?
Lets just say there is nothing like we want so hence probably making our own. We need places to set drinks but we don't want to be stuck with single seating like Berkliners, more like a Chair and a half which they have but you lose so much with every arm and Love Seats are the same story and we don't want flip down consoles nor recliner mechanisms. If we build our own we can take the room we lose with arms and turn those into very small tables for drinks and snacks and we think we can build 3 comfortable 1-1/2 chairs with 4 tables and still fit 2 people per seat including big people up to 6'3 250lbs ish from our testing with cheap walmart bean bags. I want to have an ottoman but I'm looking for more of something that either slides out from underneath electronically instead of recliner mechanism.

Also because of the shape of the risers the only way to maximize seating is building our own without going Berkliner which we don't like any we've seen or sat in. we've noticed most girls like to do the old curl up thing more than recline and the guys prefer reclining but only for movies. Personally I find I fall asleep at 95% of hollywoods movies if I recline but we think we know how to make cushions where a slight adjustment allows back reclining.

We're thinking about making the table tops out of this onyx

div>437055

post #610 of 610 Old 05-23-2014, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefftr View Post

This guy?

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1328087/my-diy-home-theater-chairs
Nice find, it appears he's stopped replying, I would like to know if he really needed the strapping on the seats themselves

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page