Royal Fortune Construction Thread - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 855 Old 01-25-2007, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Lizaloo - Not ceiling but ceiling trim moulding.

Jason

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 855 Old 01-26-2007, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Like Steve (SWithey) and others, I am having a Super Bowl party and have designed a ticket to be sent out to all guest.

I used ND23's design on this thread and came up with this:

I created the ticket in Photoshop CS and would be happy to share with others if you are interested. Here is the link to the PSD:

Super Bowl Ticket Template .psd

If you want just a high resolution .jpg, here is a template that you can use in paint to add your theater name, and time for people to show up at your house.

Super Bowl Ticket Template .jpg.

Thanks to Steve for helping me host the .zip and .jpg.

I used the back of Steve's (SWithey's) ticket and a heavy card stock and the tickets look great. You can get the image for the back of the ticket here.
Steve also has a great looking ticket at the link above so check his out and he has visio files posted too.

Happy Friday.

Jason

post #273 of 855 Old 01-26-2007, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Jason,

Great job on the ticket!! I can host your file for you -- let's talk off-line.

One request -- would you be able to make a high-res JPG without any theater name? That would allow anyone to customize it with their own name. I can host that one as well.

Steve

-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #274 of 855 Old 01-26-2007, 08:30 PM

Liked: 12
Very cool. However, the Bears are considered the home team.

Go Bears!

Beer is the answer! What is the question?
post #275 of 855 Old 01-27-2007, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Thanks SWithey. I will send you a PM.

Fuzzy - yeah but i just grabbed some graphics off of superbowl dot com. I wish I knew a place to find a thumnail size picture of all the helmets.

post #276 of 855 Old 01-27-2007, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Theater Bar Update:

While I am waiting for the final coat of poly to dry on my pin-stripe moulding for the center of the room, I worked on my bar today. I was inspired by Mark's (BritInVA) bar in his theater and decided to do something similar.

I bought some plywood, black granite tile, red oak wood and red oak 3/4" trim to build my bar with.

I am very pleased with how it is looking. I got the entire thing put together today and now am beginning the staining process. The only thing left to do tomorrow will be to cut the black granite tile. It will probably take 4 days to stain, sand and poly the trim before I can put the tiles in, but I will post pics when it is done.

Here is where it is at right now.

and another shot:

I went with generic corbals because they are going to be painted black. No sense in wasting money on nice ones when you will never see them after they are painted black.

I will post pics tomorrow of the pin-stripe trim moulding installed around the room. Should start to look finished. Still looking for the ceiling and base moulding.

post #277 of 855 Old 01-29-2007, 04:37 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Yesterday, I finished installing the moulding around the room. I also cut all of the black granite tile for the bar top. The tiles are still dirty in the pics below but it will give you an idea of what it will look like. I dry fit the tiles between stain coats just to make sure everything was right.

I have put 4 coats of stain on now with a rag and will sand and apply a final brush coat of stain tonight. Then it is on to Polyurethane.

I should be able to mortar in the tiles by Friday and grout by Saturday. The bar should be done just in time for Super Sunday!!

I bought a bottle of granite/stone tile sealer that I will use after the tiles have been mortared into place. It will give it that nice deep gloss look.

post #278 of 855 Old 01-29-2007, 05:26 AM

Jason,

wow - very nice looking bar top!
And I have to thank you - I am looking for an idea for a large table in front of my first row of seats and two small tables left and right of the rear row....

Now I know what I want - I will reuse your granite-tile-outlined-with-wood design.

Thanks - and keep more pics coming!

Mike

Wider is better - 2.40:1 CIH
post #279 of 855 Old 01-29-2007, 05:31 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Glad to help. I borrowed the idea from Mark's (BritInVA) Thread!

post #280 of 855 Old 01-29-2007, 05:52 AM

Yep, I know that - following Mark's thread also - but the inspiration just came in the second I saw the pics of your bar top, it's your fault now!

Background: This morning I was showing my weekends work to my wife and we were talking about the tables I am going to build. We have already decided to have a wooden framing on the top (to match the riser wooden trim look) but were thinking about the filling inside the frame - so granite tiles is the answer.

Mike

Wider is better - 2.40:1 CIH
post #281 of 855 Old 01-29-2007, 06:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Jason - came out great.

I love this forum - one of the things I really love is how we can all get some inspiration and ideas of other peoples work. The inspiration for my tile counter came from seeing mmmkam and scaesare counters.

Cheers,
Mark

=====================================

index on 1st post

post #282 of 855 Old 01-29-2007, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Thanks Mark. Me too!

post #283 of 855 Old 01-29-2007, 07:44 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I updated this post with links to the Super Bowl Ticket Templates. Enjoy.

Thanks Steve!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jikkjack View Post

Like Steve (SWithey) and others, I am having a Super Bowl party and have designed a ticket to be sent out to all guest.

I used ND23's design on this thread and came up with this:

I created the ticket in Photoshop CS and would be happy to share with others if you are interested. Here is the link to the PSD:

Super Bowl Ticket Template .psd

If you want just a high resolution .jpg, here is a template that you can use in paint to add your theater name, and time for people to show up at your house.

Super Bowl Ticket Template .jpg.

Thanks to Steve for helping me host the .zip and .jpg.

I used the back of Steve's (SWithey's) ticket and a heavy card stock and the tickets look great. You can get the image for the back of the ticket here.
Steve also has a great looking ticket at the link above so check his out and he has visio files posted too.

Happy Friday.

Jason

post #284 of 855 Old 01-29-2007, 08:19 AM

Man that bar is looking great.

Maybe I missed it, but have your seats come yet?

post #285 of 855 Old 01-29-2007, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Jason - Thanks for the Super Bowl Tickets - I will be using them

Cheers,
Mark

=====================================

index on 1st post

post #286 of 855 Old 01-29-2007, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Thanks ActionPlant. Not yet. I should have them in the standard Berkline 6 - 8 week time frame.

I was really hoping I would finish my theater by Super Bowl, but it is not going to happen.

Good news is that the current seats are so damn uncomfortable, it forces me to finish the room instead of watch movies, play video games, watch sports.

That will all change once the Berks arrive.

No problem Mark! Thanks for the bar idea!!!

post #287 of 855 Old 01-29-2007, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Lookin' good man. Bar looks great. When is the base molding going to be done?

Bud

Check out a video of my  

post #288 of 855 Old 01-29-2007, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Thanks Bud.

I can't find any good moulding at the local big box stores so I am still looking for a place with nice stain grade moulding.

post #289 of 855 Old 01-29-2007, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Looks awesome! Love the bar. I had the same problem with moulding. For some reason the big box stores don't carry Cherry millwork I ended finding a local specialty store that can custom order pretty much anything I want. A little tough on the wallet but I think its the best way to go.

Craig

No changes are permanent, but change is - Peart

post #290 of 855 Old 01-29-2007, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Thanks brew. Yeah. I agree. I am taking off of work this Friday to go to a store in North Gerogia. They have tons of moulding and worst case senerio, they can create something custom for me right on the spot.

post #291 of 855 Old 01-30-2007, 07:09 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I just ordered 3 bar stools for the home theater snack bar. They should match the decor and Berklines well.

Here is a picture:

Cherry wood with black leather seat and back cushion. They swivel too!!

post #292 of 855 Old 01-30-2007, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Dude, did you get those on eBay? Thise were the ones I was looking at. If they are, I want to check them out.

Bud

Check out a video of my  

post #293 of 855 Old 01-30-2007, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
where did you get the stools? I have been looking for some and haven't found any I like. Let us know how you like them.

Michael

PSN: Chiahead

Loganed on 8/29/2008
post #294 of 855 Old 01-30-2007, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I found them on amazon.com.

They had a great selection of bar stools there.

post #295 of 855 Old 01-30-2007, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

I saw those out there and have been eyeing these on ebay:

item# 130051244353

Bud

Check out a video of my  

post #296 of 855 Old 01-30-2007, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Hmmm, I also was looking at a few granite bars before I built my candy counter. My inspiration was the Art Deco theater...I am not sure of his name Acctsjim something or other. I don't know. Here is mine which is really similar to all of yours..

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...

zxlr88- Xbox live and PS Network
post #297 of 855 Old 01-30-2007, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxlr8 View Post

Hmmm, I also was looking at a few granite bars before I built my candy counter. My inspiration was the Art Deco theater...I am not sure of his name Acctsjim something or other. I don't know. Here is mine which is really similar to all of yours..

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...

Looks great zxlr8. Is that plexi glass front? How do you access the candy?

I am planning to build a candy counter in my game room and was thinking about re-using the idea there too.

post #298 of 855 Old 01-30-2007, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jikkjack View Post

Looks great zxlr8. Is that plexi glass front? How do you access the candy?

I am planning to build a candy counter in my game room and was thinking about re-using the idea there too.

Well I had a Bellogetti rack that was scavenged for it's 6 tempered glass shelves. 5 of them are smaller and ended up in my current rack.

The last glass shelve was built into the front of the candy counter because it was the largest and sat on top of the Bellogetti originally.
Access to the candy is behind the counter.

zxlr88- Xbox live and PS Network
post #299 of 855 Old 01-30-2007, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

cool. Thanks zxlr8.

I unfortunately, will need a unique design for front access. Will most likely use plexi-glass and sliding windows.

post #300 of 855 Old 01-30-2007, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Leave it open in the front! its not like you've got kids sneakin' candy!

Bud

Check out a video of my  

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page